Australian Servers are a joke.

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by aussiebrah, May 7, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. aussiebrah

aussiebrah Generation 1

How long does this s**t have to go on for? The Australian servers are so inconsistent it is not funny. For starters they are still in beta when the game has been out for months now. Theres always something wrong whether it be the 65535 ping/ms, the stuck on the 'attempting to connect to server' and NOW there is a new issue which another person has brought up on these forums about it throwing players into other international servers.

For the last 2 days every time an australian searches for a lobby, it just requests a new server from xbox live, then 10 seconds later it finds a lobby only to get into the match and EVERYONE has a one bar connection. and NO this is not just me, all of my mates are having the same issue as well and we are all dispersed throughout Sydney NSW where the servers actually are and we all have different internet providers so it is clearly the servers.

Why the hell should we pay for a game that on some days will work and some days will not. If this keeps up then i will personally demand a refund from Respawn/EA/whoever for selling me a product that does not do what it is made to do. You can't produce and market a game with dedicated servers if the bloody servers don't even work. It is absolutely horrendous how much money these developers are making off this game and are obviously putting none of it into its community to keep their fan base happy. COD and Battlefield may be on the rocks but at least their games are playable pretty much with 99% consistency from the start because they actually make sure they're matchmaking system can handle the player base. Yes i know COD doesn't have dedicated servers but if dedicated servers don't work then whats the point of having them.

RESPAWN/EA/MICROSOFT OR WHOEVER THE FIRETRUCK IS TAKING CARE OF THE AUSTRALIAN SERVERS, GET YOUR SHITE TOGEHER

END RANT :)

2. ShapelessHorr0r

ShapelessHorr0r Generation 2

Welcome to Titanfall
    Cloud servers
    And bad Aussie connections (in pretty much every game)

enjoy your stay

The same is happening to me.
    And I'm smack dab in the U.S.

3. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Yeah I've found the being chucked into the Oceanic Server to be pretty annoying at times because all of a sudden you start to lag like no tomorrow. lol

I still don't think its entirely Microsoft/Respawn's fault. I mean you can have to greatest cloud based server and if you have a shit framework thats support it, its still going to suck. And lets face it, the Australian internet network/framework is a complete joke and it still largely runs on copper wire or a mixture of copper wire and fibre optics which is probably even worst.

I've seen some of the Telstra copper nodes first-hand. Seriously it looks like they haven't been maintained in about 50 years or its so roughly patched together it would be like fixing a damaged Boeing A380 wing with chewing gum and duct tape.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

#4 Jimmah, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
  5. sk8rg

sk8rg Generation 2

Its now 9/7/15 and they have turned the Auzy servers off , thanks EA . So many kiwi people and Auzy people at least need 60 ping , its fucked the game for me , I'm forced to play on American servers with a ping over 200 + .

6. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Are you sure they have been removed or just not currently available?

7. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Same here! it gave me the Asia servers as having less ping, but even they were up at 160 odd!!!

Must be server trouble surely, usually ping on the Aussie ones 50 something different days - 70?

8. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I checked them out last night, got on with a sub 30ms ping...all good. ;)

9. tipicalmail

tipicalmail Generation 1

The entire Titanfall player base is a joke. Most I have ever seen at one time globally anymore is about 1500, an in the last month I've seen about maybe 500 locally. Most people only play attrition, total noobs play campaign. A handful, if you're lucky, play frontier defense. No one plays last titan standing, capture the flag, or any thing else. Lots of hackers nowadays too.

This game has become a joke.

10. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Hmmmm. I'm unsure as to how the numbers of people playing the game and the game modes they choose to play reflect poorly on the game itself. I also wonder why you would join a Titanfall forum to be exclusively negative about the game? Don't get me wrong, I hear what you are saying about numbers and the fact that it is quite difficult to get a game other than attrition but why get online to do nothing else but complain about it? Do you have anything else to add to the discussion?

11. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

True that Sgt_rawk, agree! I'd only stumbled on here a short time ago and was stoked to do so!. The game is awesome least to say, all to our own though so fair enough.

I admit say for the aussie servers there are not much people hanging around, but if you don't mind the ping change then heading onto the other ones is all good, I've had some 'awesome' matches and good times getting stuck into capture the flag and the likes in other countries all good, can't honestly say I noticed any difference with the ping but then also I don't really get the whole ping thing anyway, only that less is better. Still, game still goes hard on other servers to be able to play the different modes.

Back to ping - I just checked today same thing here, Asia servers up as first choice, Aussie ones up to 180 ping. Doesn't bother me too much hey game still works, but I also noticed that on Xbox live there is some issues on the service status, I'm no genius wonder if it has anything to do with it all?

Just come on over the last couple of days, Xbox live only thing I can find that has any issues being reported.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status