Battlefield 1 beta early access

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Sgt_rawk, Aug 30, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Well I was lucky enough to get early access to BF 1, it looks really pretty and plays...well...like battlefield. However I really knew I was playing battlefield when I was sniped from 50 miles away without warning by some dude who'd been there all game. Ha!

Never been a huge player of BF, was never good enough but this one it interesting to say the least, not sure I'll buy it, will play a bit more and let you guys know.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I have a pretty shitty decision to make in the next month and a bit :

WP_20160831_22_52_05_Rich.jpg

Titanfall or Battlefield? After the playing the beta on both.... right now it's Battlefield....

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah, after all of the discussion around what changed with Titanfall, Battlefield even though it does change doesn't feel like it does so much. I mean, I don't play a bunch of battlefield, I've always felt a bit out of my depth with it, and the large scale doesn't suit me as much but it is a good game, I hope to get a few hours with it this weekend, I'm more interested to buy it for the campaign, I haven't played a BF campaign since BF3.

I'll end up buying both I reckon, I feel like once the TF2 full game is released and the meta starts to develop I'll like it more. Hopefully you'll end up on TF2 sooner or later, it'd be a shame if you didn't @Bruvas

• Like Like x 1
  4. illegalfreq

illegalfreq Generation 1

But why? It really looks like a revamped Battlefront, same graphics, same elements even the menus and darn it's WW1. That era I really don't want to play but it's just my opinion. Futuristic battles are way better than unrealistic "hit the horse with a plane" gameplay. As for money TF2 is cheaper and there will be no $50 season pass for getting french army, lol they put DLC France and Russia what da hell...so I have no question but do you remember Starship Troopers? Best quote from the film is:

"Figuring things out for yourself is the only freedom anyone really has. Use that freedom. Make up your own mind, Rico."

;)

5. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I've been a Battlefielder long before Titanfall came along, from right back to 1942. Hell, I even played Battlefield Hero's and had that god awful Battlefield 2 for the 360 (which was NOT a real battlefield game!)

Granted, 4 was not a patch on 3. Hardline was a letdown, and although Battlefront was not a BF game, we all know it really is at heart, and that just had no longevity to it.

This new one has a weight to it. There's an essence of war that was missing from 4, and you know what? I enjoy playing it! That's what a game's about after all.

6. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Very true IMO. Puts me in mind of Medal of Honor/Call of Duty game from back in the day... circa late 1990's early 2000's, but beefed up with some 2016 technology. Couldn't play this past weekend. Would have liked trying it out.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Both are awesome I thought. I'm going to play them both in tandem I think lol.

Only things I've found with BF1 is, is it just me or are snipers just like SP's??

How many snipers can you have in one battle??? haha - seems that this could be a fun killer looks like sniping is pretty easy to sit back and get kills, I wonder if anyone else is sick of respawning, and within seconds being snotted by yet another sniper.

Sniping on BF1 = camper racking up kills, at the moment. Only thing I find sort of ruins the fun.

Saying that, WW1 was mostly high powered bolt action nasty caliber rifles........

8. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

The snipers depend on your play style, and I don't think it was a great map with masses of open areas (toward E for instance). Plus loads on kills on conquest doesn't mean points. I saw one guy on 0-12 ahead on the tables over someone that was 14-3!

9. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Played a fair amount of the Battlefield beta, I'm not a fan.. never really have been a fan of BF though... don't like the clunky weighted gameplay. The graphics were beautiful though and the horse gameplay was kind of fun but other than that, it sucked IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah, agree with this, I am awful at BF1 but I PTFO'd and did well...once I worked out how to actually play the game types, I am such a BF noob. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1