Can't find hardpoint players (TF2)

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by Shralla, Nov 15, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Shralla

Shralla Generation 2

Yeah it's 4AM and obviously a slow time for the game, but this is a joke. The game seems to be barely more populated than the first one currently is, and despite the higher number of players, nobody seems to be playing. Either that or the matchmaking is absolutely atrocious. The first game basically died a slow painful death through bleeding players, and stuff like this isn't going to convince people to stick around. As with the first one there are TOO MANY GAME MODES to support the number of players this game has. The fact that nobody is playing hardpoint is utterly embarrassing. It was my primary game mode in TF1 until the lack of players meant nobody could play anything but Attrition. Now it seems like TF2 has launched into the same situation that TF1 had a year after it came out. I will be refunding the game tomorrow and hoping the situation improves with Black Friday sales.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#2 ensc, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    I agree with what you are saying and your report is pretty accurate for what you said about both TF1 and the current TF2.

However, I would offer a solution for both. Do you know that when you are on the main screen where it shows your server, you can select that and choose a different server?

I've done this for TF1 for years now. Up until 1AM EST, I use the EAST US server, but at 1AM EST or after I use the NORTH EUROPE server and I can always get Campaign or Attrition games even 2 years and 7 months later.

For TF2 what I am doing is up until 3AM EST, I use NEW YORK server, but at 3AM or after I use the first BELGIUM server. I've had no trouble getting an Amped Hardpoint game at any time of day.

You are correct though about the user base dropping off sharply. It is actually very alarming to me, because a few nights ago at around 3AM the NEW YORK server might have had 24 users for Amped Hardpoint and the first BELGIUM server might have had over 100 users. Tonight, just 2 days later, at the same time of day, the NEW YORK server had 0 users and the first Belgium server had 24 users. This is very troubling, because we are only 18 days into this release and it is getting close to having times of day where you will not be able to get an Amped Hardpoint game. As you correctly mentioned, it might have taken a year before you could not find Hardpoint games in TF1. At this rate, it appears we could run into the same problem after 1 month in TF2 that took an entire year before in TF1.

3. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Always played Hardpoint too. Just seemed to suit my style better than Attrition, or other games. Really hated when they "reduced" the points in HP in TF1. I guess I like Team Play.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yes, Hardpoint suits my style as well. I am not a very good killer so my K/D ratio is always very bad, but I like having objectives because at least I can contribute then.

Did they "reduce" the points in HP in TF1 at some point? I'm just curious. I don't remember that. I must have missed it.

Yeah, hardpoint definitely requires team play.

5. Shralla

Shralla Generation 2

And this all never mind the fact that the game just isn't as good as the first one. I imagine some people disagree but seriously this is just a hot mess of a game. They shoved a bunch of new stuff in it with no regard as to the integrity of the gameplay. Everybody wanted more "content" and much like what happened with Call of Duty, it just became a clusterfuck of broken abilities and unlocks. The skill ceiling is lower, and is more dependent on equipment than actual player ability. Just sent in my refund request, and at this point I can't really see myself buying it again even for $30 or something.

6. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, you know, I can't really disagree with your overall sentiment. The first Titanfall was my absolute favorite video game of all time and I am still not bored with it even after 2 years and 7 months. I don't find Titanfall 2 as satisfying, but I will still keep playing it and hoping they listen to all of the feedback and that it eventually becomes more satisfying and the time I put into it will have paid off. I'm sorry that it has caused you to request a refund my friend. Hate to lose even one pilot, but I certainly understand and can't say I blame you.

7. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Initially, when the TF1 game came out, if you played HardPoint, points awarded for taking and holding those places where high value! I was very often a #1 or #2 in game stats after ending. However, my K/D ratio sux, but I had many points for playing the objectives.
    Then a lot of players complained about their high kills and not placing higher on match. They lowered the points and I went from a top scorer to a lower level scorer. I didn't care, but I thought if a player wanted more kill points, they needed to play a different mission type. I still enjoy HardPoint. Don't play Attrition very often if at all.
    Besides, its still fun and very fast paced!

• Like Like x 1
  8. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I feel like we are probably similar style players King. Hardpoint was and still is my favorite. I enjoy playing objectives, because my K/D sux as well. :) That's interesting. I didn't realize they had lowered the points like that. I agree that if a player wanted more credit or points for kills then perhaps they should be playing a different mode. I actually find it funny how even many veterans don't really get what it takes to win in Hardpoint (or maybe they just don't care). Hardpoint is all about defense. If you play defense every time you have 2 hardpoints, you are going to win. I think the most glaring example of how Hardpoint is not about kills is that one time I saw the MVP of the winning team have a 0/12 K/D ratio. :) Some would make fun of that, but hey, I love hardpoint and that guy gets it. He's the guy I'd want on my team.

9. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

I always liked the "first" map of the game. The three HP and the tunnel, etc. I always played HP style in COD and BF games. I guess I like defense better, like you said.

• Like Like x 1