Context Tipps

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Derrame, Apr 18, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

Hi there pilots

i was thinking abut the conext and how to improve it,
    the context is very important to keep players involved in that universe, the gameplay is great but some more context about the war could do so much good to this game,

there is a war among the factions but in the MP we never see that,
    as seen in TF1, some ships are dropping soldies or flak stations shoot the ships, the faction's navigator giving you info on the battle field, what to expect, why are you there, why is this place important

the patches added some new animations to the navigators, great, they could just add some simple sentences

some simple tipps:
    in Amped Hardpoint, the navigator tells you that you need to control those antennas, (hardpoints) to restablish communications with the rest of the milita or whatever faction, simple, that is enough, now i know why i'm fighting there, why is this place important, it gives context

anther option: those hardpoints are machines that create supplies to build batteries for our titans, simple, or they make fuel, simple, we need to capture an secure them, it's enough to give context

in Attrition, some more dropships and flak turrets, ships exploding in the air, the navigators telling you you need to capture this territory for the militia or that faction, wipe enemies out, simple, it's enough!

other option: the navigator tells you at the beginning that the enemy faction sent lot of ships to this territory, station, map, etc, to capture your territory, and you must stop this invasion, an IMC carrier just jumped in, focus on clearing IMC forces on the ground, simple, enough

Bounty hunt: tipp. the navigator says, ok, pilots, we need that money/ressources to buy new batteries or to upgrade our dropshisps, ok good, now i know why im earning money in this place

Last titan Standing and/or frontier Defense: tipp: the nav says, ok pilots, the IMC or whatever faction, is accupying our territories or destroying our facilities, but not all is lost, you are the last line of defense, hold on,
    ok good, simple,

Defeat? ok head back and secure extraction point for evac, simple

and the navigator telling you when your titan will be ready,
    thn you have, it got destroyed
    your navigator says "your titan got destroyed?, dun worry, building a replacement"
    etc

they don't need to add hundreds of lines, just a few

few little details that create a great context and depth

see you in the frontier
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Sounds interesting @Derrame.;)

3. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Excellent point Derrame! There is an emptiness and lack of purpose.

The other problem with this is that the lack of direction only further enables players being oblivious to the objectives. There is nothing more frustrating than when you are busting your tail for your team, say in Amped Hardpoint, and you can tell that the rest of your team is just either, "Woohoo, look at me flying around the map fast!", or "Woohoo, look at me wandering around aimlessly and thinking I'm tough in my titan.", all while the only hardpoint blue is the one you are leaving, which is now turning orange.

Your context might help that at least a little bit, because it would at least give some direction.

4. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

another tipp:

some matches can we start as pilots, on the ground, not jumping from the dropship
    just stand on the ground and see the other pilots and their titans waiting, and see how th other pilots get in the titans, and we get in our titan, and there are some titans on the background guarding or just patrolling

• Like Like x 1
  5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Sounds good to me. More good suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

CORRECT . . well said my friend. these are the simple things that can change a players perspective. this is what in my thoughts call depth in the game .

simple little detains can make a vase difference.

keep the views coming bro . really great points.

• Like Like x 2