Disappointment

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Autumn Wind, Aug 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Autumn Wind

Autumn Wind Generation 2

The dramatic changes to the Titans has severely dimished the essence that made the first one so special. The first Titanfall had a perfect foundation and although it didn't have a lasting community on a grand scale it still created a lot of hope and excitement for the inevitable sequel. After playing for two days it's obvious the changes, such as the removal of Titan shields and the inclusion of Titan classes, has dimished the identity the first one created. This game does not feel like Titanfall at all but something else entirely. I can go on all day about the specifics of the changes but the uproar of the fans speaks loud enough. At the end of the day we just wanted more of what the first game had, no one wanted something drastically different.

• Like Like x 2
  2. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I agree with you 100%

I wanted more of the original Titanfall. Unfortunately we have gotten Call Of Duty 2.0

3. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

First of all, I want to thank you for your honesty and salute you for your bravery. When many probably just want to get their pom poms out for the new game, it takes courage to be critical.

I completely agree with you as well. All I wanted was basically more maps to use the skills I had acquired in the first game. New places to explore. Other than that, the 2 most important things to me were a rock solid matchmaking system that tried relentlessly to give you an evenly matched game (even if it meant you had to wait a couple minutes longer, it would be worth it to know that when you got in, it wouldn't be a lopsided affair not even worth wasting the next 15 minutes of your life on), and a rock solid policing of cheaters where they would be banished to a cheater server forever where they could only play with all of the others that had no respect for the game or other players. If they had just nailed those 2 things and the maps and left everything else alone, I would have been a very happy camper.

On the other hand, if they did not take care of rock solid matchmaking and policing of cheaters, then a year from now, when the user base is gone, and you still have the non-existent matchmaking and cheaters running wild as you do today, all of the bells and whistles aren't going to mean a thing. Besides, those bells and whistles will have lost their newness as well after a year.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

I have not played the fitst game, i have only watched gameplay videos, but how is it "bad" that there are now Titan Classes? this classes have diferent characteristics, customizations, specializations, etc, i see it as an improvement.

5. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

Since you haven't played it before you honestly have no idea what you are missing...I mean that respectfully.

Trust me when I say Titanfall 2 is a completely new game....it has nothing to do with the original Titanfall.

The abilities we had when picking a Titan..........were literally 4 times as much as this game allows.

Pick a Titan
    Pick a Weapon
    Pick a Defense Mechanism
    Secondary
    Etc...

It's a sad sad day..

6. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

#6 Derrame, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    I preordered my copy today, I'm really looking forward to play it, and now everyone is disappointed... :s

In this interview they say they were listening the feedback and gave the people what they wanted.

Minute 9:53

7. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

i so agree with you , i am going to post some thing i read and was very impressed with for all to read . it will be long but insightful and true .

8. Trini Chinese

i will get the game don't get me wrong the campaign is a selling point for me among other things, but what you have to understand Fans of the original game have very expectation as the fist was very good and different, this is the first real game taste gamers are getting and have valid reason to be upset or disappointed, some are very passionate to the first game .

• Like Like x 1
  9. Trini Chinese

Part 1: Intro

This is a rather long post that I'd like to address to Respawn, and I hope that you don't take my criticisms too personally but just consider them as well as my compliments.

Part 2: Impressions

I'll admit, my first impression of the game from the gamescom stream was definitely less than stellar. However, after watching some streams, I changed my mind. New abilities look great, bounty hunt looked awesome too!

Today, I went to a friend's house (I don't have a console) and I got to try it for myself. My new feeling is that; It's awful. And I don't mean this in a mean or rude way, the game Respawn has made is a very solid and fun shooter. The problem is that it's almost nothing like titanfall, and more like black ops 3 in a titanfall setting. Titans are less of a game mechanic and more of an environmental gimmick to remind you that you're not playing COD. If you're not in bounty hunt, a Titan is a rare sight, like behemoths in BF1 except they're given as killstreaks and not as a balancing tool. The issue here is not how long it takes to get a Titan, but how you go about getting one. This also ties in to my thoughts about the grunts and the replacement of attrition.

Part 3: Grunts, Attrition, and the like.

Titanfall 2 has a complete lack of and is totally devoid of life. What I loved most about attrition, grunts, and titanfall's game modes in general was the feeling of a Battlefield that it had. Even though it was only 6v6, it felt like a real war. The grunts, dropships, and spectres dropping in and fighting gave me the feeling that there was something much bigger than just the pilots.

The ambient dialogue from the grunts was very immersive (all 35gb of it) and also told us a ton of what we know from the lore.

It was really cool hopping through a window and seeing a grunt mourning his buddy or dragging him our of the lime of fire. Or occasionally, you could break up a fight between a friendly grunt and enemy spectre.

In titanfall 2, all of that is gone. Grunts and spectres now have set numbers per wave ala frontier defense. There's no chance to experience a random encounter, the feel of war is lost etc. They spawn in set numbers, get picked off, and then a little later the next wave begins, whereas in tfall1 there was a steady stream of combatants.

In attrition I played to win, or more accurately, to have fun. Another thing I loved about attrition is that any player with nearly any skill level could contribute to the team without having to go Uber try hard enhanced smart pistol. Attrition was an easy to pick up, fun for all ages game mode. When I first started playing titanfall in the second to last week of March 2 years ago, I had fun and contributed to my team even though I was terrible. Killing grunts and spectres was just as valuable if not more valuable then pvp, and any player could do it. Not only that, but it kept camping from being a more viable playstyles then running. If you camped, the enemy was free to farm grunts. In titanfall 2, camping is not only viable but is currently the only way to play. If you try to wallrun or do any sort of parkour you'll just get sniped or shot thanks to the new TTK. The lack of grunts and spectres and their worthlessness in terms of score removes this "fun for all ages" aspect. Drew McCoy said something recently along the lines of Bounty Hunt being Attrition 2.0, and I can't disagree more. It feels the other way around.

Part 3.5: Grunts and Earning Titans

Witnessing a titanfall in titanfall 2 is almost a rarity, and not because of easily tweaked meter values. Titans no longer being on a timer, and the lack of grunts/spectres is a huge mistake. Another feature that contributed to titanfall's fun for all ages was that everyone would get a Titan eventually. Not a good PvP player, but an awesome Titan pilot? Don't worry, wait a bit or farm some grunts and you'll get your Titan. That's totally gone as well. Upping the grunt counts in Bounty Hunt might help a bit, but in other game modes where grunts have been removed? This also kept the game balanced, as one team would never be completely stomping the other with Titans.

With the new system, the opposite is true. The only matches where someone will have a Titan is one where the skill gap is so large between teams that one team will never get Titans while the other team does. I thought at first that the Titan meter going down when your performance goes down was a joke, because it's such a big "fuck you" to anyone who enjoyed the original game.

Part 3.75: The removal of attrition

Adding on to what I said before about bounty hunt replacing attrition, I think this was a terrible idea. It's an astonishing mystery to me why you decided to replace it. Even 2 years later, when every other game mode is totally dead, attrition has a solid and consistent minimum of 200 players playing AT ANY TIME OF DAY!!! I can play literally all day. I sometimes stay up to 6 am playing attrition just because I can.

Part 4: Map Design

After spending some time playing on and exploring the maps, I'm very disappointed by the map design. I'm totally bewildered by how, after the abomination known as Fracture, and Respawn's following track record of making nothing but amazing maps after, that the first featured maps include not one, but two maps that suffer from the same problems. I hope that the other titanfall 2 maps do not follow in the same vein. That's all I can really say for now.

Part 5: Titan Combat and Rodeos

Unfortunately, due to the aforementioned issues with earning Titans I can't say too much. I rarely got Titans in hardpoint and when I did, it's because I was crushing the other team so hard that they didn't have a chance at getting one.

From what I did get to see, there is a huge lack of depth in Titan Combat. The lack of regenerating shields means that even in the hands of pro players, Titans are a little more than disposable. Titan fights have been dumbed down to being nothing more than whoever can land hits first. And I know I'm not the only one, all I see browsing the internet are complaints about Titans not even lasting 45 seconds.

And even then, thanks to the new core abilities, even if you win a Titan standoff with half your health remaining, a flame core or laser core can you from half health to doomed in a matter of seconds. Even worse, being doomed no longer prevents you from using your core ability.

For the new rodeo system, I absolutely love it. It promotes teamplay but at the same time doesn't really punish you for using the battery yourself. My only complaint is that shields aren't actually shields, but just an extra temporary health bar.

I also love the new Titan loadouts. I think that design and balance wise, it's a great decision, and so far, with the exception of the core abilities, it seems to playing out very well.

Part 6: Abilities

I don't really have much to say about the abilities, because I love them. I think every one of them is great and/or a great improvement on the original. Stim is no longer a requirement, but in the right hands more capable. The grapple is a cool tool that can be detrimental if used wrong but amazing if used right. Et cetera. All in all, good fucking job Respawn!

Part 7: Factions

Okay, this part is sort of a rant. Switching the new factions with the IMC and Militia is a terrible idea. I can't even fathom the idea of someone at Respawn saying "Ok, our fans loved the lore of the two factions and want more. Let's create a singleplayer campaign that does just that, and then ditch them in the main game." The feeling of two warring factions is totally gone and everyone looks the same. All I can say is, what the fuck? Why?!

Ok, rant over.

Part 8: Conclusion

I might add more to this but for now, that's all for now. All in all, while you (Respawn) took a few of the game's aspects and features a step or two forward, the rest fell 4 steps behind. As it stands now, it's very hard to be excited for this game. I've gone from bugging Vince (sorry!) for info on the pc collectors edition because I wanted it so badly, to not even wanting to pre order at all. I still have faith in you guys and the game, but I'll have to see it to believe it at this point. In conclusion, titanfall in its current state takes one step forward and 3 steps back, although I still have faith that it can be turned around on to the right path.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trini Chinese

i palces a post in here , if you want you can read what another fan of the game wrote and makes a lot of sense others would agree i strongly agree with it , to tell you the truth i want the collector edition really bad and is one of the main reason i probable have not canceled my preorder. not to discourage you if you like the game and how it plays then go for it , but a lot of fans are disappointed well at lease me as i have boosted about this game to many ps4 friends and now i can't as it a COD in a titan fall setting .

11. Trini Chinese

ense bro , i wish you could have played the tech test. just to get your view on what they did to the game and how it plays for your style of play .

12. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

That guy that did the most talking during the interview........the one that worked on COD likes to listen to himself talk. He is very proud of himself.......

They say they were listening to us loud and clear.........but I just don't see how it translates into the new game.

Titanfall 2 is call of duty with robots......

It has zero feeling of Titanfall.

Movements...wall running.....shooting....killing........Titanfall walking....it's all gone.

13. WhozUrDaddy09

WhozUrDaddy09 Generation 3

Good gucka mucka,
    What a cluster flop!
    If I had wanted Call of Duty - TitanFall Edition, then that is what I would have purchased!
    Please give me back my money for TF2. This is not a sequel, but rather what happens when a bunch of hosers try to take a great game to "the next level".

HUGE disappointment, and this from a guy who has played over 14,000 rounds of TF1.

• Like Like x 1
  14. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

I won't be getting the game.

I'll be removing my deposit at GameStop.

I hope they continue to support the servers for T1 because that's what I'm gonna keep playing.

15. Carlos

Carlos Generation 3

Guys. Calm down. The changes are there for casual players. They want to make TitanFal 2 the best selling game of 2016, and this is how you do it!

I am excited about the game from the Pre-Alpha, Open Tech Test... but you guys are expecting too much from this game. I went in with no expectation that they replicate the first TitanFall. You should've too.

The game is fun for what it is. Think of it that way, but hey, I can't change you. You'll be stuck with your mindset.

Keep in mind - this is pre-alpha, I think all the modes, all the final features are going to be in the final game. This is 20% of what you'll see in TitanFall 2.

I'm excited, I haven't been this excited for a game since... MW2. Yeah, so what if I never played the original TitanFall? This right here? It's looking good so far.

• Trolling/Spam Trolling/Spam x 2
  16. BattleReadyPB

BattleReadyPB Generation 5

It's been confirmed, no more Attrition.
    These 3 game modes in the pre alpha piss me off... and I love hardpoint (domination).
    With these weapons it's just frustrating. I like Titanfall because I dont find it frustrating at all...

I can already tell that if I play this new Titanfail much more there's gonna be a controller going through my television...
    Sad.

On the plus side, lots of people bitching about the decreased movement and mobility in Titanfail 2, I havent noticed it. Gameplay is fast, you just gotta figure out how.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Carlos

Carlos Generation 3

Awesome, someone hates my post so much, that he called my post "Trolling" or "Spam."

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[​IMG]

• Trolling/Spam Trolling/Spam x 2
  18. Carlos

Carlos Generation 3

• Trolling/Spam Trolling/Spam x 1
  19. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

We are all entitled to our opinion. Absolutely.

But for someone who has admitted to not even playing the first Titanfall you are speaking out of the side of your neck....

I am calm....all is well....

I would openly and respectfully request you don't refer to me as a fool.

I appreciate your mature candor..

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.