Eliminate Melee

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by ensc, Apr 2, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Being that games like Titanfall are basically shooter games, I would love it if they completely eliminated melee. If you want to kill me, you gotta shoot me, but get your fag kicks outta my face. There should be no damage done to a pilot except from guns and ordinances. You wanna still run around flipping your leg like a ballerina, knock yourself out, but if you wanna actually get a kill, use a gun like a man.

I mean, if your whipping around the map and you come face to face with someone, it should be the quickest draw with the gun, not which Nancy girl can lift their skirt up and kick their leg the fastest.

2. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

I love the melee , the way you can kick someone in the face when your walk running or jumping is so awesome and exciting. This is a thing that will always be mixed opinions. It's definitely frustrating when you go to fire your gun but the other guy does a panic melee and kills you. It can get you really mad. But when you do it to someone it's totally awesome

• Like Like x 1
  3. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, I know a lot of people probably really like it and I expected to get a lot of backlash on this one, but I think overall it would be better without it.

4. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

I don't think you will get a lot of backlash. You will have atleast 50% on your side. There's definitely a good argument for both sides

• Like Like x 1
  5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Well, thanks for the positive reinforcement, but I think I'll keep looking over my shoulder for flying kicks for now. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

While I'll agree that the Melee / Execution isn't what it was in T1 i want it to stay in T2.

It isn't what it once was but it's better than nothing...

7. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I like kicking pilots off Titans. Surely ass kicking kicks like that deserve a round of applause?!!!!

Melee sucks when it happens to you, but I must admit when you and another pilot both go 'click' its scrap on, and so it should be.

What they should really get rid of, is that damn Ronin.......when I'm not in one anyway lol...!!

8. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

i love melee in this game, lots of different animations, you can jump, and fall on your enemy and kick him in the face or slide and hit from below, and the executions are awesome, knee plus my favourite

anyway, the melee is not working as intended, many times i see an nemy pilot, i hit F, i hear the sound, see the animation of my arm hitting the enemy pilot and then black white flash, boom im dead, wtf, the other one, wh hit me after i hit him, killd me

the same is when the enemy does ot see me and i hit him fom behind and then he turns around and shoots me or hits me, wtf,
    i dont know if it's some delay or lag or something like that
    but i kno is very frustrating when you hit the enenemy first, you were faster but your down

9. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

What was the difference in Tf1 ?

10. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

AMEN TO THAT!!!

Yeah, there is definitely something off with the timing in this game across the board. Players in a defensive position are given way too much time to react and the benefit of the doubt. Especially titans, if you try to rodeo a titan, titans should be slower and stupider than a pilot (the balance was perfect in TF1). Titans are given so much deference in TF2 that I rarely even try any more, because it is like committing instant suicide.

Same thing with satchels. Very frustrating! You throw it, you trigger it, then you see the guy shoot at you, you die, your satchel doesn't go off and he gets to live. Total BS!!!