Forum Forum rules

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by Country Sapper, Feb 18, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Country Sapper

Country Sapper Generation 4

After looking around I noticed I didn't see any forum rules anywhere.

I think a list of rules should be added like no spamming or advertising and such. And if there are already rules maybe make them more easy to find cause I was looking for them and I couldn't

2. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

At the current juncture, we don't have an official "rule book" for members to follow. The site kind of just exploded and we have so many members now, that back when we were still a young site, there wasn't much thought to having rules. Everyone was very civil and discussions were pleasant.

However, fame comes with a price. (That was so cheesy) We've passed one thousand members now, and unfortunately that means we'll have our bad eggs here and there. I've thought of asking @WhoIsDo about this, but he's usually quite busy. I suspect the reason he appointed @KingOfGaems and I is because we know at least some basic etiquette/rules for the forum to enforce. The thing is were still growing, and that probably won't stop anytime soon.

@WhoIsDo, @KingOfGaems, and I will work closely on an official rule set for our newer members and veteran visitors. To sedate the masses though, I would say the three main rules are as follows:

1. Don't spam.
    2. Don't be a jerk. Nobody likes those.
    3. Try to post in the correct sub-forum.

We can obviously run through these with a fine-tooth comb, but for right now with how active our community is, and how little the amount of trolls are (for now) I think were okay with just this basic set of guidelines. Still, I do agree we need at least something for people to read before registering, and for us staff to link back to in case of incidents.

Thanks for the suggestion @Country Sapper. :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. TheOminousBulge

TheOminousBulge Generation 2

I'd also like to add that maybe you guys should post in big block letters across the top of the page "WE DID NOT MAKE THIS GAME, WE ARE FANS. WE DO NOT WORK FOR ANY COMPANY ASSOCIATED WITH THIS GAME. THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL FORUM FOR ENTHUSIASTS."

I mean, I know it'll wreck the page design (which is pretty good, actually), but it might save you mods some headaches.

Edit: And if you don't make this change, I'm not going to buy the game :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Some people just need to learn to read the header it clearly states unofficial Titanfall Community though i would take it as a compliment that the uguys behind this forum have sucessfully become the Go-To forum for anything Titanfall minus the forum trolls frequenting here.

5. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

I do have just one suggestion, everyone needs to know that this Forum is a place to state opinions and that it is NOT about First Amendment or free speech. If a post if offensive, or is not within the guidelines, this Forum has the right to take it down, or lock it. Too many times before (other sites) I have seen posts get into flame wars over this and its a Forums right to police their members.
    And I agree, three or four Rules is more than enough.

6. Country Sapper

Country Sapper Generation 4

Fully agree with you. But one thing , the forum has the right to take a thread down even if its not offensive ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Well said.

• Like Like x 1
  8. GammonMaster

GammonMaster O.G. Original Gamer Before Platform Shoes, Baby!
    Elite Pilot

Have new applicants to the forum read and acknowledge your policies before being made members/given access might help. Then you can say that they did sign that they read and understood in case any dispute comes up.

9. LnchboxKiLLFACE

LnchboxKiLLFACE Generation 2

Want to rage so hard right now because my threads keep getting taken down. Think I'm just gonna collect myself, and logout until the game is released. fjjaowpasljf;la; this sjpqopala!

bannanner.png

10. Carlos

Carlos Generation 3

#10 Carlos, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
    No it's not. Many members do many different actions, and therefore the owner needs to clarify rules in a way that HE'S comfortable with. If he doesn't want trolls here, make it known. If he doesn't want this site to be a hub for "free downloads of TitanFall" or those lobby hack threads, he has to make sure the idea is there. So on and on and on.

It's like this; people use THIS particular node (forum category) as a suggestion forum for TitanFall. Wrong place. Move 'em to a forum called "TitanFall Game issues, ideas, suggestions, and feedback." (Or whatever you deem better suits the forum.) And rename this particular forum to "Site Feedback."

• Like Like x 1
  11. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Appreciate all of the feedback everyone. Official rules are coming, it's just taking me longer than I wanted to get together with our staff to put together a solid list.

• Like Like x 2
  12. pantong51

pantong51 Generation 4

Need any help i can copy what my community has and ya can change it to meet your needs =p!
    Great work guys on the forums