How-To Decrease Titanfall load times

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by trowie-uK, Apr 15, 2014.

?
  1. Yes! Thank You :)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, Waste of time.

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Slight improvement, not worth the time.

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. trowie-uK

trowie-uK Generation 2

I have used this method and tested it thoroughly, before & after, load times have been reduced by 4-5 seconds in Titanfall, it will also do the same for other games.

1. Download MyDefrag (Google it)

2. Download this usermade script for game optimization made by Rohk - Google "[Script] Games Optimization Script for Data Disk"

3. Place the downloaded script into C:\Program Files\MyDefrag\Scripts

4. Run MyDefrag and select ConsolidateFreeSpace - This will fragment your hard drive by moving everything to the beginning of the disk so there are no gaps.

5. Go to C:\Program Files\MyDefrag\Scripts\GamesOptimization and edit favorite games text file, just add the names of your games you play the most, follow the examples and create more if you need to.

6. Run MyDefrag again and select GamesOptimizationMonthly - This will move steam, origin etc games to the beginning of the disk whilst defragging the disk. Depending on how much space you've used it could take 1-4 hours.

7. You can then run the Daily, Weekly & Monthly scripts to maintain the optimization, this doesn't take as long as the first time.

If you have any issues or feedback I'll do my best to help.

2. SixBladeszzz

SixBladeszzz Generation 1

YES.. although DiskTrix Ultimate Defrag... do it better.

3. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

Unless its an OS drive(in which case it would slow windows down), There is no advantage to having games at the beginning of a drive. The only reason it helps the OS is because it reads other files AND the OS. On a gaming drive it can just read from where the game is uninterrupted. In addition to that Titanfalls load times are throttled, you will load in as fast as the biggest potato in your lobby(unless special circumstance(really big potato)). Even if you put it on an SSD you wont get any load faster loads than a decently fast hdd. And Defraggler is the best.

4. trowie-uK

trowie-uK Generation 2

Thanks for the feedback, it has decreased the load time for starting the game though but from what @marthiFiC! said this thread is probably pointless. :mad: I'll try defraggler too!

5. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Let me know the results of his suggestion. If you can find plausible evidence that shows decreased load times, I'll sticky this thread for others to see. :)

6. trowie-uK

trowie-uK Generation 2

As @marthiFiC said for multiplayer games loading matches you cant decrease the load times between matches because you'll still have to wait for others and then the server synchronizes. But you can do it for starting the game and for games which don't rely on waiting for others it would improve them.

I've tried defraggler and it takes ALOT longer (36MB fragmented taking 3 hours) and it isn't really for game optimization, because defraggler doesn't move the game files to the beginning of the drive the load times (Starting titanfall, other games etc.), Defraggler is better if your HDD is nearly full and you have more than just games on your HDD.

MyDefrag also improves random read speeds which is better for gaming. The MyDefrag script is only for game optimization, If the game is fragmented, when you access the file, the hard drive will look on another sector of your drive to find the remaining pieces of the particular file, making it slower and took a while longer to load and open. Otherwise if the file is not fragmented, the hard drive will not have to look somewhere else to find the remaining pieces of the file, making it faster to load and open the file. Having your most used files/games on the beginning of a drive can also improve reliability of the drive as the heads have less to travel from the "landing zone".

Until Respawn fix the load times between matches there's no estimate wait time as I've seen it vary from 7-15 seconds.