I can't help to feel ripped off.

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by KernelClamjuice, Apr 3, 2017.

?
  1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

the whole free DLC thing is turning out to be bullshit.

As an experienced gamer like most others here....it is without a doubt safe to assume within a reasonable manor that when shooter games hit the market it is customary to receive DLC drops that include additional maps. To safely assume that Titanfall future DLC's would include many map DLC drops is not out of the question. Atleast this is what a normal gaming mind would assume......

So the question is...do u feel ripped off? Is it too soon to give up? Just how long should we wait?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

A class action lawsuit is possibly the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. The DLC is free so I'm unsure as to what damages awarded might entail.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

we are indeed ripped off

i would wait until all dlc's are out, and then, to see if they solve this situation or just leave it like this to start a new project and do the same

good that players start to wake up

• Like Like x 2
  4. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#4 ensc, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Yes, I definitely feel ripped off at this point.

A lot of us are feeling that way.

Is it too soon? Probably.

I think Derrame has the right idea.

This is not a rediculous idea, even just to plant the seed out there, because Respawn does not seem to get a fire lit under their rearends by anything else. Maybe, if they fear players might revolt and it may hurt them financially as well as smear their name in the press, then maybe they will finally get off of their tuckusses and put out some substantial content.

This is the argument that would actually make the case. They sold us a "free DLC" bill of goods, which allowed them to put out an unsatisfactory release (that many were willing to swallow with the expectation that there would be more to come) and they have not put out anything substantial since release. What we have at this point is not even enough to constitute a full release much less have gotten anything "free" yet.

What really makes the case as well is that we have a precedent to look to, because this was a sequel. Based on that, it is reasonable for us to expect a similar amount of content as to what we had in the initial game.

Launch Maps: TF1 launched with 15 Large, Well Designed Maps; TF2 launched with 9 Small, Choke-Pointed Maps
    DLC Maps: TF1 created 9 new Large, Well Designed Maps; TF2 has only slapped a new coat of paint on 2 TF1 maps
    DLC Modes (Multiplayer PIlot and Titan): TF1 created 2 new modes (Marked For Death and Deadly Ground); TF2 none
    DLC Modes (Multiplayer Pilot Only): TF1 created Pilot Skirmish on normal maps; TF2 created Live Wire on mini maps
    DLC Modes (Coop Against Waves Of AI): TF1 created Frontier Defense; TF2 none
    DLC Additional Content: TF1 created a Rank System; TF2 created a cosmetic store

I'm sorry, but on maps alone, especially with TF2 maps being smaller, then since TF1 launched with 15 large maps, I would say we have not received a complete release of TF2 until there are a minimum of 17 maps, so until we receive map 18 we have not received anything free. We're sitting at 11 and actually only 9 of those were new creations.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#5 Ik0n88x, Apr 4, 2017
    Nope.

I've already gotten my monies worth out of the game (even with the base game). So anything extra is icing on the cake for me. I'd be interested to see if there was any other medium where you could spend 100s and 100s of hours using a product and then want to file a class action lawsuit because you feel "ripped off" because you didn't get as much free stuff as you wanted.

• Like Like x 3
  6. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Exactly. As experienced gamers...when buying a shooter we all reasonably expect dlc's after the launch that include ADDITIONAL MAPS.

When we all purchased this game, we all reasonably assumed that it would include ADDITIONAL MAPS/DLC's for free. Even though it wasn't spelled out specifically we all assumed and expected additional Maps to drop. The amount of maps that are similar to other shooters.

If Respawn had no intentions of dropping additional DLC's that included MAPS....in the amount of previous shooter games.....and announced it that way. I think it would be reasonable to assume that the majority of people would not purchase the game.

• Like Like x 4
  7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#7 ensc, Apr 4, 2017
    Yes, very good point Kernel. See, we could only look at the precedent of TF1 to know what expectations to have for TF2. If this is what they wanted to do, that's fine if they would have been completely honest about it up front. However, if you leave the precedent of TF1 out there and sell a bill of goods that there is going to be "free DLC", it is reasonable to expect you are going to end up with 24 maps between release and all DLC. If they had come out up front and said there will be "free DLC", but this is how it is going to work map-wise: there will only be 9 small choke-pointed maps at release and within the first five months after release we will only be slapping a new coat of paint on 2 TF1 maps, you are absolutely right Kernel that a lot of people would not have purchased the game. Like I said, if that's what they wanted to do, fine, but be honest and up front about it. If they had been honest, they would be lucky to have sold 2 million units instead of the 4 million units they've sold, especially when you were putting that minimal content up against Battlefield and COD releases. That is why they should be ashamed of themselves and why people have a right to be upset.

I want to make another very important point with regard to the whole "free DLC" claim that people like to throw around with TF2. I would like to remind people that TF1 came out on 3/15/14. Well, as of 3/15/15 (one year after launch) all TF1 DLC was free to everyone who had already owned the game and had never purchased it or to anyone who bought the game new. So, let's see where TF2 stands as a whole as of 10/28/17, because at that point the "free DLC" argument absolutely does not apply anymore. I'm pretty sure that by 10/28/17 TF2's total content will pale in comparison to TF1's and we will not be anywhere near 24 maps. We're not even halfway there right now and they are not exactly lighting the world on fire pumping out new content.

• Like Like x 3
  8. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I feel like I might be a bit out to the left here, and all alone, but I am loving the game complete now!!! found a new love in it and have really been playing it hard, even better so connecting with some of you guys and being part of Mecha Malitia (Mecha Maidens troop) which is a buzz since everyone talks here.

The last update though, finally gave me what I'd been waiting for - the new alternate Northstar.

I know I'm going to get myself in trouble seeing all the disappointment here on the forum in the game, but if there has to be someone that actually really rates TF2, it would be me. Since making it to Gen 10 I am now playing to try to prove a point (which didn't happen today on CTF, some gunny pricks wasting everyone) and I hope to one day fit into the realm of pilot's that people know your GT when you connect.

I still jam TF1 now and then, but I must admit for me the tide has turned a bit. I find TF2 now far too exciting and fun.

I reckon once you find a reason to plod on, you find it 10 times more fun to play.

I did think the last update came with some cool stuff, but I can see what you guys are getting at.

All goods!

• Like Like x 4
  9. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

That's how I've felt on this forum since this game came out lol. I've loved the game since it came out (never said it was perfect) and that's in the definite minority here. In reference to this specific topic though, I don't understand how someone can feel ripped off. I can understand if you feel ripped off by paying $60 for the game because you paid for something and you "didn't get what you wanted or expected" but how can you feel ripped off for something you never paid for?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

i admit it is a bit extreme, but it is not that ridiculous , as this kind of thing has happened in the pass and people have won there cases .
    they can lose the case by just a simple thing like false advising. example being that the DLC are not free. dlc stands for downloadable content. hence it's not free when there are charges at the side of the contented being released to the public to be downloaded like camos and prime titans etc.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

"Ripped off", get real, I am in RottweilerluvNZ's camp, I enjoy the game and yes there definitely are some short comings but the fun I have playing has more than made up for it. I have played over 3,000 games and put in over 300 hours, now if that isn't playing the 'crap' out of the game what is?

I very much doubt there is a submission that could or would be accepted by the courts as a creditable case for a Class Action Suit. There is no questions that there are some serious shortcomings in the current performance of Respawn but I have faith (yes it fades at times) that they will finally deliver something that will alleviate some if not most of our concerns.

Rottie brought up an excellent point when he said "...even better so connecting with some of you guys and being part of Mecha Malitia (Mecha Maidens troop) which is a buzz since everyone talks here." if more people would get committed to the game the way Mecha has then there would be a lot less complaining and a lot more fun, after all that is why most of us play.

Here is the difference between "Committed" and "Involved":
    This morning I had bacon and eggs for breakfast, the chicken was "involved" in my breakfast while the pig was "committed' to my breakfast.
    I can only speak for myself but I am committed to this game, yes I try to point out my concerns but it doesn't mean I don't love it and will probably continue to play, especially when we have great events like we had last night. That's what it is all about!

• Like Like x 4
  12. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Don't get me wrong, I am VERY GLAD that some of you are truly enjoying the game. Unfortunately, I can't join Mecha and you guys, because I am on PC. Perhaps I would have a different perspective if I could. However, even if I could, when I buy a game, I am not buying the game for the social aspect of it. That does not even factor into the equation.

Though some or part of the game, incomplete as it is, may be somewhat fun, facts are still facts:
    1) They sold us a "all DLC will be free" bill of goods.
    2) We had a precedent to look to for what to expect.
    3) The "all DLC will be free" bill of goods allowed them to get away with putting out a release with minimal content. (any normal reactions or responses were subdued because of the expectation that more would be coming)
    4) Five months later, there has not been substantial content in any of the DLCs.

As I mentioned above, if they were honest up front that "all DLC will be free" meant the release will contain 9 smaller maps (2 of which should have never made it out of concept) and within the first 5 months we will only be adding 2 maps from TF1 with a new coat of paint on them, they will be lucky to have sold half the units they've sold. The people that would not have bought the game if they knew that was going to be the case have a legitimate beef.

• Like Like x 1
  13. HalfCutDreamer

HalfCutDreamer Generation 3

This has got to be hands down the most ridiculous thread on this board

• Like Like x 3
  14. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Oh, I don't know. I think what is rediculous is when any DLC are things that should have been in the release and even if they were it still would have been an incomplete release, but yet they are able to sell an "All DLC will be free" bill of goods.

Or, when we are told there will be 2 teams working, one on Star Wars and one on Titanfall 2. Sure, OK, if you count the 1 guy that it takes 2 months to slap a new coat of paint on 1 TF1 map as a complete team. Now, that would be rediculous.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Trini Chinese

• Like Like x 1
  16. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#16 ensc, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    Thanks Trini my boy! That was very interesting. Believe me, if talking about video games in general, there is nothing that beats them in bang for the buck in entertainment value. However, this particular case is comparing one particular release of a game, where a "all DLC will be free" bill of goods was sold to it's sequel where you had to pay for DLC (which became free after one year). There was a precedent and people have every right to have expectations based on that precedent.

I've been trying to think of a good analogy and I can't, but I will try using cable. Let's say you paid $60 for your basic cable and got 200 channels. Then you added 3 premium packages at $10 each, which each included 10 additional channels. So now, you have a total of 230 channels for $90. Now, the cable company comes up with a new system with a big marketing gimmic of "All premium channels will be free", so you only pay $60 and you get all channels they will ever provide. However, what they didn't tell you was that the basic cable is now only going to consist of 100 channels and each of the 3 premium packages that are now going to be included are only going to consist of 3 channels each. So sure, you are only paying $60, but you only have 109 channels, which is less then the 200 channels you were getting for $60 before, so exactly what did you get for free here? Seems to me that you got ripped off by deceptive marketing.

You could replace 200 channels being reduced to 100 channels with 15 maps being reduced to 9.

And you could replace premium packages with 10 channels being reduced to 3 channels with DLC containing 3 maps being reduced to 1.

And don't forget that after 1 year, all those who paid $60 for the first release and had not bought any DLC got all 24 maps. So, if the second release follows the pattern it's been on and after 1 year you have a total of 13 maps, what exactly did you get for free?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Trini Chinese

you are quite correct. well said . i agree.
    EA is the culprit for a lot of these red flags . i i think that vince and the dev's had a complete different take on what they wanted to do.
    i tell you EA did a lot of this to have the option to buy respawn. and put respawn backs to a wall. it is a nasty business dealing with a company like EA .

• Like Like x 1
  18. Trini Chinese

same goes for this post.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Trini Chinese

wish it was for free, i may buy it but i wait patiently for the tone version.
    if only they had Faction based prime titans for each faction .
    example the vanilla version the current prime titan and prime titans version for each faction each representing a unique look to the faction that they represent but with all the same features .
    the IMC would have there own version / 6/4 / apex and so fort. and with the option to still pick the current prime version and vanilla version.
    this would have been a much more welcome edition than just camos , heck i would pay for it .

DLC buy the APEX FACTION PACK , new weapon models and prime titans with titan voice , have that faction you love and represent with there own new titan look / model . with faction theme maps for the home faction when server host faction is in rotation.

represent your faction today. exclusive faction challenge , unlock faction exclusive camo and pilot models . same pilot same weapon same titan different look .

1427541576-mkx-factions.jpg
    06_mkxnext.jpg eqcxm5mby8fq2d55xyqk.jpg maxresdefault (2).jpg c3c58f4a2bf8203a99cee6fa619ae23e.jpg d98e1f40039ac38628f00b332c7e750c.jpg d98e1f40039ac38628f00b332c7e750c.jpg 0935e3d56cf4431de9db3930c77f988b.jpg MAG01.jpg forhonor-1486417703902_large.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

You know what. It should, but I'm fairly certain that it isn't. :(

• Like Like x 1