I can't help to feel ripped off.

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by KernelClamjuice, Apr 3, 2017.

?
  1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yes, this is the most important point and Vince Zampella actually even makes it himself, which is why you sparked me to dig it up and create this post about it:
    http://www.titanfall-community.com/threads/tf3-the-case-for-no-single-player-vince-makes-it.8475/

• Like Like x 1
  2. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

That's a Bingo!

• Like Like x 2
  3. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I just noticed the poll at the top, come on team that's not serious is it!!! lol!

Or...maybe it is?.....count me out, I'm happy as except when I lose, or are losing, or end up at the bottom of the end of game report!.

4. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

There is no really set definition to a 'AAA' game. If you go by this game developers view, I would definitely consider Titanfall a AAA game.

As far as the maps go, I agree that there should have been more but it's not something that would affect me buying or enjoying the game. If they announced 9 maps on launch, I still would have been getting the game. Not to mention, they took the entire month of November and into December off so they didn't really start full-time work on DLC until January. So they've been releasing DLC content every single month along with a bunch of other stuff and game-patches as well. Also, there is actually 13 maps (it doesn't matter if you don't play Live Fire). There are plenty of shooters out there where certain maps are designed for certain game modes. You also have to take into account that while you might not consider Angel City or Colony new maps, you simply cannot just port them over to this new game... doesn't work like that. A lot of work has to go into getting those maps to fit into this game.

5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'm glad you agree that there should have been more. I agree with you that I probably still would have got the game as well. However, a lot of people would not have if they had announced that up front, especially when they had COD and BF as other choices at the time. If they were on a limited budget, the minimal number of maps would have factored into their decision making.

Actually, it does matter. I buy the Titanfall games, because they have titans. I don't buy COD games, because I don't like traditional FPS games. So, if they essentially add a COD mode, I'm not going to play it. Not to mention, one LIve Fire map could probably completely fit easily on the air craft carrier deck on the Overlook map in TF1 and that air craft carrier deck was probably less than 10% of the entire Overlook map, so to count the LIve Fire maps into the total map count does not really make sense. It would be the equivalent of adding another 5% to 10% to the Angel City map (like a couple more buildings) and claiming you've added an entire new map to the game.

This is true, but why? Only, because they unnecessarily changed the core functionality of everything in the game, especially the titans. Just one more reason they should have left the core alone. If they had not messed with the core, they would have been much more easily ported and we could have all 24 TF1 maps in our playground right now.

Also, if we are talking maps, it must be said that Complex and Crash Site should have never made it out of the concept phase. The design of these maps is horrendous, especially Crash Site.

So to really give a fair map count, here is where we are:
    9 = release maps
    -2 = Complex and Crash Site do not count
    +2 = Angel City and Colony
    9 = This is where we are at right now (2 TF1 maps and 7 smaller poorly designed maps)

I've been thinking a lot about this lately and I am going to concede something to you here Ik0n. It is not necessarily the number of maps that count. What really matters is the quality of the design of the maps and the richness and feel of the multiplayer experience. If 9 maps is all we have, I could live with that if they were designed well and it was a rich experience. What really got me thinking about this was my experience with TF1. Yes, there are 24 maps. However, I would say that over the last 3 years I have spent at least 75% of my in-game time in the Multiplayer Campaign, which only has 9 maps. And even after 3 years I am not even close to being bored with that Multiplayer Campaign or any of those 9 maps. Why? The answer is here (Vince explains why the multiplayer experience in TF1 was so good):
    http://www.titanfall-community.com/threads/tf3-the-case-for-no-single-player-vince-makes-it.8475/

• Like Like x 3
  6. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

11 normal maps and 2 for live fire with is not enough, no matter how good those mps are
    there will be two more for live fire and two for general mp, that's great news
    but still at least 6 new maps should be out before they are done with the game

and a coop mode :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Agreed! And a Titan vs. Titan mode would be nice as well.

• Like Like x 2
  8. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Holy Cow Kernel you really opened things up. I once again am impressed by the American knee jerk solution to everything which is to sue someone. Unfortunately it would be a hard case to win. Maybe we can skip the courts and go directly o the Donald and see if he will intervene. Last day in the D.R. Waiting for my delayed departure. See you soon. If this post is off the mark blame it on the heat and too many mudslides. :cool::p

9. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Here comes Da Train!