I quit

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Demaco, Jan 14, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Demaco

Demaco Generation 2

It was a good time plying tf2 I've been a loyal PlayStation gamer so I did not have the luxury of playing tf1 and with what hear about this update this game is heading towards a CoD type of play style and that is why I choose to call it quits before i invest in something I'm going to regret later. I thought respawn would have brand back the core and heart of tf1 with this upcoming update but I guess I was wrong, but I guess me quitting won't mean much to tf2 "huge" player base,

TLDR: if I wanted to play cod I'd play it instead and where is the co op modes like frontier defense in tf1

• Like Like x 1
  2. ReedyChannel146

ReedyChannel146 Generation 2

Sorry to hear that......this is not what the games needs, players losing interest and/or faith in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

If you still have a chance to play TF1, I would highly recommend it. Attrition there will never die and you can usually still get a multiplayer campaign game as well. It is my favorite video game of all time.

I'm so sorry to you my friend for what they have done to TF2, because it has actually tainted the brand now, which might discourage people from even trying TF1 if they never had, because they probably just think it is an older version of this crap show.

Yes

And yes

This is exactly right and what I have feared from the tech test, because once you start moving in a certain direction, it is hard to turn around and it troubled me that they were moving in the exact opposite direction from where they should have been going.

My only hope was Obi-DARK Kenobi (DARK BAWGS), who is our resident marketing guru, who had a theory that they went this direction to build a user base who could learn to appreciate the Titanfall concept, but then over time, when they felt they had enough people who appreciate the Titanfall brand, they would bring a lot of the stuff that made TF1 unique back into this game. DARK has also been one of the most positive members on this site and even he is troubled now. Here are some things he said today:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

These two comments are very contradictory. How can you know what the core and heart of TF1 was without ever playing it? :confused:

Not to mention, you have had a 'good time' playing TF2 so far but are leaving because they are adding more stuff.. for free? I can't wrap my head around that concept.....

5. Demaco

Demaco Generation 2

I've played titanfall 1 on a friends Xbox a long long time ago and I fell in love with it and when I heard it was coming to PS4 I was happy as hell

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Oh I'm sorry, it just said you didn't have the luxury of playing Titanfall 1 so I assumed you didn't play it. Not to mention, why would quit playing a game that you ENJOY just because they're adding free stuff that you don't have to use or pay attention to? It seems as if you currently like the game right now how it is if you're enjoying it.

7. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

Free is free, so I'm not really going to complain about it, with that being said, I don't think Respawn has set a great example of free DLC becoming a standard of video games. I'm not saying my opinion won't change, but so far, I'm not impressed. I appreciate it but I'd rather have new maps instead of remakes. I would also prefer more modes that include the things I loved about Titanfall, namely Titans and grunts and not more pilot vs pilot modes.

I understand Respawn has to think in terms of reaching as many gamers as they possibly can, it's difficult to please everyone. It just so happens that Titanfall 2 didn't resonate with me, I'm sad about that but not angry. While I no longer play Titanfall 2, I'd be willing to give it another chance if Respawn brings something to the game in the future that sparks my interest.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Lol this is so bizarre. I have played this game over 120hrs online and it's such a fun game yet almost every post on here is just complaining. I don't mind to see complaints but this is becoming extremely petty. I'm not saying this is better than Tf1 but it's still the best and most fun game out there along with battlefield. It seems people just want titanfall to be a mech game , any mention of evolving pilots and expanding their world is frowned apon. Because it's becoming too much like "call of duty" a game that does monstrous numbers in sales . I want titanfall to become the best of both worlds. If people want to play more with pilots I want their experience to be great. If people want just titans I want their experience to be great. If people want to play both together than I want the experience to be great. There have been a a lot of legit complaints and new suggestions on here but also a lot of petty ones. Respawn is not gonna walk away from the titans they are just expanding the pilot play more . You still have all the amazing advanced mechanics using the pilots , the game is still FUN AS HELL with the pilots.

The game is certainly not failing because a lack of titans. It hasn't done good because of lack of exposure and network problems. Yes we all want more content and more of everything I'm with you guys in wanting more. But I'm not gonna bad mouth a game that literally is so addicting to play it's like a drug.

Certainly if people HATE COD they are becoming turned off with Tf2 . But I don't hate COD I wanted to see the game refined and done right. That franchise has been lacking and getting worse and worse. Titanfall is still a breath of fresh air. It has COD concept but it's laced with a world that has titans and purely addicting game mechanics. To just walk away from this game is just bizarre.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

• Like Like x 1
  10. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#10 ensc, Jan 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    I'm really glad you are enjoying the game Omega. I just wish you had played TF1 so you would know the difference. I do have a serious problem with the COD-ifying of Titanfall. Like you said, you wanted to see COD refined and done right. Fine, then do that in COD. Don't soil the beautifully unique Titanfall game by trying to create an improved COD inside of it. COD fans had plenty of editions in their library. Titanfall fans only had 1 and now they still really only have 1, because TF2 should really be called Call of Duty: Titan Edition.

A couple buddies and I just tried playing TF2 for about an hour today and got so frustrated, because it is such a dumbed down cartoon clownshow for COD fans. So we went over and played TF1 for about 2 hours and had an amazing time, because it was like leaving the kids table and playing an adult game. FAR SUPERIOR!!! TF2 feels like it was the rough, sloppy draft and TF1 actually feels like the refined sequel.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Wrong. You're not the only Titanfall fan in the world bro and plenty of Titanfall 1 fans love Titanfall 2, me included. It sucks that you don't enjoy the game but don't speak for all Titanfall fans please.....

Also, many could make the case that Titanfall 1 is Call of Duty: Titan Edition... it's literally from the creators of Call of Duty. I know I've said this many times but the pilot gameplay in TF2 AND TF1 is very similar to Call of Duty. Also, I understand that nowadays, saying something is like "CoD" is like an insult but people fail to realize that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare revolutionized competitive FPS gaming and is considered one of the best of all-time.. coincidentally made by who? Respawn.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Well I absolutely agree with what you said. This respawn team has created 2 of the greatest game franchises which was call of duty modern warfare and now titanfall. Modern warfare completely took over the gaming world because of how revolutionary it was and exciting to play. Respawn did the same exact thing with titanfall. I don't think it's wrong of them to combine BOTH of the games that THEY created into one.

With that said I do want them to not fall to much to the cod side because I do think it's great what they started with titanfall. And I do agree with EN with a lot of things he says. I don't want them to go to a cartoony approach and I would love if they could restore that adult imagery that Tf1 has. I hope I do get to play Tf1 someday and see what it's like. But as of right now I love Tf2 minus the awful lag problems I experience. And i still feel confident after 1-2 updates we will have much more content , titans, weapons , unlocks customization and this game will be twice as good as it is now. And more people will try this game out and love it. That's my hope.

Titanfall 2 just got voted game of the year by one magazine , its critics kill acclaimed with great reviews. It can't be THAT bad

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I don't think it's falling too much to the CoD side. They are giving you options. There is nothing requiring someone to play that Live Fire game mode. This won't be the only DLC and there will be more maps as well, the game is still in it's infancy, it's only been out for 3 months. What's wrong with giving people options to play what they enjoy?

There is currently an elimination game mode for Titans, why can't there be on for Pilots?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Visually speaking I agree with you. Tf1 looks to be much more adult looking and visually graphic. The carnage looks more serious and it has a very unique "feel" to the game. Like it feels Real , like your really on those missions when the commander is talking to you. Trust me I get it , I made my analysis from watching footage of the game , I can see what Tf1 brought to the table visually.

I'm just thinking respawn opened up the game to more of the shooter element in Tf2 which of course favors more of the cod side. The game to me is still the best and most fun game i might have ever played BUT i would rather them make the game look more adult and serious the way Tf1 was.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

I'm with you bro. I think the pilots became equally as important in Tf2 as the titans. This is what respawn wanted. That's how I felt all along. Why would I ever buy COD again when I can play a much superior version of it in pilot vs pilot mode and now this live fire mode. Like you said it gives me options as a player. I do my rounds with pilot mode and then I switch up and play attrition mode and I think they are both great and extremely fun to play

• Like Like x 1
  16. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thanks Omega! I appreciate it buddy.

You are a very reasonable man and I love your passion. I can't wait until the day you do get to try TF1, because I really want to hear your passionate analysis of that game.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

I agree with so many posts here. I played Tf1 SOOOOO MUCH! It was an addiction. A true "game changer" for me!
    Especially Hard Point mode!
    I also would love a Co-Op Mode. With as few as four players on a team.
    I too am finding it hard to play TF2...........but I will keep trying. I did not want it to be like a COD game, but I truly understand the need to reach as many gamers as possible. Free, or Paid For DLC, its about what is being offered. If I like it, and want it, I get it. period. I will buy maps, weapons, new characters, or Titans, stuff like that. Game modes or classic maps should be free.

• Like Like x 3
  18. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Well said. TF1 was also my addiction and especially Hardpoint Domination. I pretty much agree with everything you said.

19. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Ffs, its an fps and omg its likened to cod, well fml and every other abbreviation.... Cod is the clunky wannabe here, not the other way around.

• Like Like x 1
  20. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

#20 RottweilerluvNZ, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    I've been naughty, I always try to be a Titanfall patriot - even just had me some stickers arrive for the pit bike & helmet (lol) been doing a lot of BF1, and absolutely love it, all the other battlefields are pretty tits in comparrison, but BF1 is just outstanding. Even got pulled over by the cops at the beach wearing my Malitia helmet while riding hahaha, tried it on with them but they were not having it, hopefully I convinced them to get the game for their smoko room apparently they have an Xbox back there.

Luckily for that though - I couldn't really see much boosting down the beach with the Malitia helmet on......crikey pilots must have big eyes or something....lol.

I found it hard to stick to TF2 as the main game of the day I'll admit, but it's still got me by the balls. TF1 I was hooked seriously that was all I played for over a year and a half, seriously I need to catch up on gamerscore, wasn't getting any as when going from 360 to a new account on Xboxone (stupidly!) I started at zero again, TF1 was the end of me playing any other games! - was on TF1 non stop. I love Titanfall in general, the story, the gameplay, the whole package, but yes TF2 is remarkably different and if you've not done TF1 then probably it's hard to swallow given the 'hype' and it's similarity in some ways to other shooters, COD is cool, but at the same time - meh, nothing on TF. TF1, was 'definitely' stand alone so easy to see why TF old digs stick by the game through and through. I do, just the BF1 I find is just awesome too now, I think the two alongside each other playing one then the other is cool especially for those long gaming nights. Mixes it up a bit keeps you awake.

So my rant - Still disciplining myself to TF2 at least 5 - 10 or so matches a day at the least, and every couple of days going back on TF1 trying to keep my rank chips! am finding it hard to find modes other than attrition on own servers, but US ones usually have all modes with players in. I was really gunning for it at the start, but slowed down now making it to gen 10 doesn't seem so catchy anymore. But I am still staying loyal to the beat of the drum, and will never bail on TF until the day Skynet destroys the world.

My only gripe these days with the game now, is all the dudes and dudettes I met on TF1 and in this forum!!!, I never get to play alongside or against anymore!!!! now that sucks! was rad on TF1 would come across some of you everyday one way or another. That's a bit of a bummer thats for sure.

Titanfall rules, you either love the whole package, or you don't. I'm looking forward to TF3 now.

• Like Like x 3