It's Just Boring

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by unclefrank666, Feb 14, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

My sentiments exactly @Stryder & also @ensc because I'm pretty sure he shares your feelings about TF1 as do I. Despite no real campaign mode I feel it (IMHO) beats TF2. I so miss the simple things from TF1 like turrents, zip lines and the adorable little red dots that I was so fond of. And lets not forget the most important aspect of the whole thing... the fun factor in TF1 was off the charts.

• Like Like x 5
  2. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

It is fine to say TF1 is the best - but it is in the past today we have to live with TF2 and support it or there will be no more Titanfall at all...

• Like Like x 3
  3. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

You are right my friend. No other game has held my attention for more than 2 months. Titanfall 1 has held it for almost 3 years now and I'm still not even the slightest bit bored with it.

4. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yes rainman, I absolutely share your feelings. It absolutely beats TF2 and it's not even close. TF1 made me feel like I could express myself more than any other game I've ever played, whether as a pilot or in a titan.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Demaco

Demaco Generation 2

Man I'm at the point of just not giving a f### about this title. I feel as if I got scammmed and hood winked out of game I thought was gonna be an actual sequel of the original and honestly all I want from respawn or whoever the f### runs it to refund me for this horrible purchase

• Like Like x 3
  6. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I can certainly understand how you could feel that way. It is not even the same game. They had a beautiful, unique work of art in TF1. They unnecessarily changed almost all of the core functionality. One thing that demonstrates this is that it takes 2 months to port a map from TF1 to TF2. If you had not changed the core functionality, porting a map would be almost seamless. To make matters worse, all of the changes created a game that is inferior to the first game. From an outsiders perspective, it would probably make a lot more sense if TF2 was the original and TF1 was the sequel. TF1 is more like a polished, adult game with a gritty battlefield feel to it and with maps that feel like they were a labor of love to those who designed them. TF2 is more cartoony and almost something you would have put out as a very early alpha for the first game. I'm sorry for your disappointment brother. I feel your pain. I waited 2 years and 7 months for the sequel to my favorite video game of all time only to realize the heart was ripped out of the game to make it conform with traditional FPS games.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Demaco

Demaco Generation 2

Brah like I said before I really don't care for this title anymore. There's no point in giving feedback and remembering good times in TF1 cause honestly it's never coming back. F### talking where the hell is my refund

8. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

EatingPopcorn.gif

• Like Like x 6
  9. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

Yeah I really wish you could trade in the colosseum tickets. Not that credits are any cooler but I can spend em. I just don't have any desire to play colosseum or live fire. I would break something when some random nade killed me and I had to wait. Just not my thing

• Like Like x 1
  10. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

• Like Like x 1
  11. BattleReadyPB

BattleReadyPB Generation 5

[QUOTE="RottweilerluvNZ, post: 53862, member: 7701".

Have a go at trying to get into CTF or Bounty, both can become very addictive especially once you start catching flags or winning Bounty matches. And because your doing something other than just killing, it begins to drive you.

.[/QUOTE]
    Snip.

I went back and played ctf on tf1 yesterday and it is sooooo much better than tf2.
    Before the updated there was anywhere from 0...-80 people playing, usually closer to the 0 mark... for good reason, it sucks.
    Yesterday there was 125 people playing ctf on tf1 lol.

Ctf was perfect for tf1, all the little changes they did completely ruined the experience for ctf play in tf2.

That being said, while tf2 is going to flop hard here very soon I wont say it was a waste of money. I had a fun time pub stomping the lts lobby...

• Like Like x 1
  12. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, I agree. As much as I have been and will always be furious at the unnecessary changes they made to the core of the Multiplayer, I just played the Single Player again the other day, and it truly is perfection. To me, there is nothing better than the "Trial By Fire" mission where you are fighting along side Sarah in her red titan. That is why I think they really need to add a Titan vs. Titan mode, where it is not round based, you just immediately respawn in a new titan when your's gets killed and the first team to 50 titan kills wins. I think that would be the closest feeling to the "Trial By Fire" mission and it would really help to return the titan as the centerpiece to a game called Titanfall as it should be.

• Like Like x 3
  13. ReedyChannel146

ReedyChannel146 Generation 2

I agree, fun mission and would make for great multiplayer mode.....can see it now, a field full of Titans just battling!

• Like Like x 1
  14. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, I think it would be epic and could become the favorite game mode pretty quickly. And it just makes so much sense since the game is called Titanfall. There would be no pilots, only titans. It would be a great place for new players to work on their titan fighting skills, because even if you die 10 times, you just respawn instantly in a new titan every time and no stupid waiting for the next round like in Last Titan Standing.

• Like Like x 2
  15. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Love it!

• Like Like x 1
  16. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thanks DARK! Yeah, you know, I really wish they would listen to this one, because I think this could do more for the health of the game than anything else they could possibly do right now. Even more than adding more maps. I can say that, because as someone who is not real happy with the changes they made and doesn't play the game that much, this would even bring me back in full force. And, it should be one of the easiest things to do. Much easier than adding new maps. It's basically just taking LTS, which operates on the same core maps as Attrition, etc, removing the rounds, removing the ability to eject (because there are no pilots) and putting a 50 titan finish line in. First team to 50 wins.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

It really concerns me when a well respected YouTuber who have done a great job with his TitanFall videos says he is getting bored and will be playing more other games. I am talking about Frothy Omen, who in his recent video "Frothy Omen Q&A" said just that. He said he would see what comes out but he is finding it less interesting, (note I am paraphrasing but the point is there).

This has been a major concern for many of us and we keep preaching the real needs, more maps etc but unfortunately it seems to be falling on deaf ears - or at least ears that are "CODed" over!

• Like Like x 2
  18. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, WOW!!! I did not know Frothy had said that. I don't blame him and it doesn't surprise me, but if that doesn't wake Respawn up I don't know what will.

This is what I believe has been the problem ever since they even started thinking about making TF2. They have lived and still live in a bubble of COD voices, many of which hated the original Titanfall, so rather than listening to those who loved the original, every decision they make is designed to appease the COD crowd in that bubble. This is why you ended up with this:

upload_2017-3-4_14-31-5.png

...and it just keeps getting worse now.

My only hope was based on Obi-DARK Kenobi's theory that they did this to pull in a larger user base, but then once they felt they had a solid base, they could start bringing back the things that made the first Titanfall unique and great.

Unfortunately, that hope now looks like a little tiny spec that keeps getting farther and farther away every day.

They are 100% committed to this WRONG direction. They don't want to admit it was a mistake. And, now, as DARK pointed out, they are even starting to lose one of the most passionate and committed players of the Titanfall series.

19. Villain

Villain Generation 3

...and that's why I play Bounty Hunt almost exclusively. If you sit on your bum waiting for player kills you still lose. Gotta go out and get your hands dirty.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

You know whats boring?? The stale, constant, repeated, constant, repeated same shit-arsed moaning on the forums. Over and over the same god damn stuff, get the f over it. Peace out...

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1