Love seeing 30ms ping at home screen and 200ms ping in games

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by churchill351, May 18, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. churchill351

churchill351 Generation 1

What is the point of having Australian servers if, for no explainable reason, every Aussie gets allocated to Asian servers??????

Why don't I even have a choice in the matter????

2. NotSoNinjaTheVI

NotSoNinjaTheVI Generation 2

Sure, the Aussie servers are shit, but keep in mind the infrastructure that Respawn has to work with. I mean, some places still run on copper wire for fucks sake. That doesn't excuse it though.

Personally, I'd prefer Respawn saying, 'Yeah, there's not a lot we can do. Tough luck,' than remaining silent on the issue, however.

3. Awsam

Awsam Generation 2

Having a hard time with the asian redirection as well since the patch. Pretty tired of this issue popping up so much. Wish I could get a refund this late into the game :(

4. churchill351

churchill351 Generation 1

Since expansion Aussies aren't getting put on Aussie servers. Aussie servers are actually fine for me. Asian servers are like 200ms though.

5. Awsam

Awsam Generation 2

What infrastructure do you mean? National? State? Data center? The NSW Data center hosts TF (shame the vic DC wasn't used) Do you know what it is about the NSW DC that makes it shit?

6. NotSoNinjaTheVI

NotSoNinjaTheVI Generation 2

It's a host of things. I'm no expert, but there's the fact that our ISPs are mainly all blithering idiots, or land lines are ancient and incredibly badly looked after, and the fact that our mbps is amongst the lowest of all 'first world' countries. We're slower than Poland for Christ's sake

7. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

Im so glad I dont have to be the one to tell Australians they have trash internet anymore. makes me so pissy to see them blame Respawn. Redirection since DLC are caused by low player count, play in Asia or don't play.

8. Awsam

Awsam Generation 2

5-10mbps should be fine for Titanfall if that's all you're doing online at the time (waits until the kids go to bed so they'll gtfo Youtube lol) In fact I'm in a really shitty position with 3.1mbps and running the easo for 100 pkts never went over 50ms :)

Haven't noticed many blaming respawn for their Australian ping. Mostly see 50-100 and it's reasonable. It's the redirection and subsequent 200-300ms that gets the hate flowing.

Whats irritating is directing me to asia when there are matches with spaces in Aus that I'm not being slotted into because of my k/d ratio (?). I only learnt this recently as a good mate bought TF and was having a good laugh on vent.
    Some might argue it's Microsofts problem, when imho it isn't. It's respawns product, they're the ones using the MS service, it's Respawns responsibility to follow it up.

But you're right, it may very well be as simple as player numbers

9. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

I agree that speed is fine. I've seen two Aussies so far with speeds below .4 complaining about various things.

10. KeithBen73

KeithBen73 Generation 2

Dayum 200-300ms ping??? I used to get below 200ms on dial up playing CS back in the good old days. :rolleyes:

11. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

This is weird, I am in Sydney and have always gotten a sub 20ms to the servers? I can't understand why people in Australia would be on an a server in Singapore?

Wait..this did happen to me the other night, I waited for a hardpoint game for a while and then was shunted to a server and my lag was terrible. Backed out and joined Attrition, all good. What game type are you guys searching up?

12. Awsam

Awsam Generation 2

The Titanfall azure data center is in Sydney, so you're very lucky.

Yes that is what happened to you in Hardpoint. Most nights I spend almost half an hour trying to get into any mode other than attrition and I'm either shipped to SEAsia, or just never find anyone. Attrition in Aus is almost always a sure thing unfortunately.

13. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah, I swear the server is under my chair. I always get a good ping off that server and I have low latency profile on my internet. So great connection. Often get lagging minions but pretty much every gunfight I have feels even. I feel really fortunate to have such a good connection. :)

14. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

Sgt_rawk, I do believe you are on xbox, are you not? You must remember PC has 1.5% of the players you have on console. Not enough players = redirection.

15. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah I guess. However some others have questioned the validity of the figures I quoted...so who knows.