Monarch's Reign full Patch Notes

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Derrame, May 28, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. HalfCutDreamer

HalfCutDreamer Generation 3

Ive watched people play it today and it literally gets its core 3 times faster than any other titan

2. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

installing DLC now :) ...

3. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah, I watched a bit of it this morning, the XO isn't hugely strong. It looks like its well balanced to be honest, all of the guys running it said you need to be smart in it so I'm thinking it isn't OP. On paper at first it looked like it was going to be grossly OP.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

The cores aren't extremely strong though... my current setup..

Core 1 - Rocket Salvo fires twice the amount of rockets.
    Core 2 - Faster Reload and Rearm speeds.
    Core 3 - Upgrades Monarch's max Health and removes weak point vulnerabilities

Now by the time you'd get to that last core upgrades, you don't have that much health regardless.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thanks! Looks pretty cool.

I don't mind if it's op. That's a good thing, maybe we will see less of the others then. Less Ronins, Ions and Scorches is a good thing.

The one thing that always drove me crazy and still does about the XO-16 in TF1 was that it had this glitch that would allow it to keep shooting you around corners. I mean, I'm in a Stryder (being hit by a MUCH slower Ogre) and I dash 90 degrees around the corner of a building and your still allowing it to damage me. Cmon!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

it will take time to fully appreciate what the monarch can do. Played with it for the first time this morning. Definitely not OP at the beginner stage. But who knows once you learn to milk it. The trick is staying alive long enough to optimize. I think the trick will be to have lots of batteries from your friends and to steal as much energy as possible. Not the Titan to go into an all out face to face brawl. It will be important to know he drop off rate of the XO. If it is not too quick you will be able to keep out of the brawling somewhat. Once the XO damage increase move in.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

you are right

monarc must survive long enough to upgrade the core at the third stage and then it is a fair fight against any other titan, it's already a big challenge to survive, first is hit and run, then you can engage combat, but always carful,

and i dont know if other players weill help a monarch by giving it batteries, everyone plays alone noone cooperates, i've played lots of matches with monarchs me and team and nobody ever gave a battery to a monarch to heal it or no monarch shot friendly titans with enegy to give him shields, so cooperation is availabl but noone is using it, at least for now, i hpe in the near future players start to use the coop skills monarch has to increase chances of survival of the teammates

i really like this titan, fully upgraded , and with lot of health is very powerful, totally capable of hunt down ronins or even legions,
    even the small details like the info given by the AI, very nice

both executions are great, staling battery restores som health and shields, and the other, extracting the pilot and destroying him and then kicking the titan, really badass

we still need to learn more how to use this titan properly in the team

• Like Like x 3
  8. HalfCutDreamer

HalfCutDreamer Generation 3

Ye ive had a whirl today seems ok but absolutely wrecks scorchs though

9. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Definitely need to watch yourself and not get to immersed one on one until at least Core 2, so far Ions & Tones have smashed me to hell if your stuck against one alone, extra dash and you can make a bit of fun of the Legion & Scorch, but not in CQB. I think it's a bit of a ranged Titan IMO or medium ranged, likeness to the Northstar it's good to sit back and dut dut dut but when a Titan is right up in your face it can be a bit sketchy! love the Monarch though, it's the knees for me at the mo.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

#30 Derrame, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    the Flatline was nerfed, i dont notice any change, and that is good, the weapon is balanced but not weak
    and now there is a new kit for pilot, destroying an enemy titan will increase 10 points the titan counter, i get the titan way faster now, that is a great addition :)

im enjoying the game a lot, i cant stop

• Like Like x 2
  11. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, that is a good addition.

12. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

the ziplines in crashsite are ok, easier to keep the walllrunning, but i expected some bigger changes, like removing the mountan in the middle and make the map more open