Nuclear Ejection

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Bruvas, Feb 13, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Alright pilots, pay attention..

I know and respect a lot of the pilots that frequent this forum, and I know they would never fall back on such a despicable strategy, so this is aimed at those lurkers and passers through that don't register or whatever.

The titan nuclear ejection IS NOT A WEAPON TO BE USED AS AN OFFENSIVE TOOL.

I played a few games the other night and met a cluster of Gen1 pilots stretching their legs. We were on attrition on Colony. I dropped my titan, and before it landed, an enemy titan dropped a few yards away. I quickly jumped in mine to see a blinding light, then BOOM. Nuked. By a perfectly good titan.

Now, get your kills as you see fit, but please? A perfect good titan!? SHAME ON YOU! I feel obliged to report you to the S.P.C.T.
    (the Society for Protection of Cruelty to Titans)

The next time you decide to laugh like a hyena while trapping a Titan in a corner and going supernova, please consider the Marvin hours that went into making your Titan. Think about how your Atlas/Ogre/Stryder waited, watching from the drop ship. Think about the excitement in it's cpu as it falls to the battlefield. Then picture the tear it sheds as you doom it to destruction because you realise the smart pistol is terrible at achieving pilot kills...

Shame on you pilot. Shame on you.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. markforza

markforza Finally got to Gen5
    Elite Pilot

Seems like Basic Training has lost the page from the Battle Etiquette guide about ONLY using Nuclear Ejection as a last resort, you know that page that all the old skool pilots know, personally I have a problem with trying to make sure I'm close enough before detonating but lately I'm finding a lot more people keep shooting to reduce the time to use the Nuke which is just down to the game developing or as a PC players would say 'The changing Meta!' Anyways remember that your Titan is a dependable friend so please show him some respect!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I did this to a friend in a custom game....

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

No doubt it is irritating and cheap to be nuked especially as you just enter your hot of the line, fresh and ready to go, Bud. But, for those that play for the kill, it is war. I cannot fault cheap tricks and tactics in war. It is part of your own responsibility to land your Titan in a safe place. It should be said that I do not land safely but usually right in the middle of a skirmish with hopes of crushing a poor Titan. Is this any different than nuking though? I share Bruv's sentiments when it is a newbie cop out to an honest fight, but it is just another tactic and we all have to suck it up when we get caught with our oil pans down. My favourite time is when a newbie nukes and I escape the fire storm. Hahaha. They just wasted their most glorious friend for nothing. Just thinking out loud.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I hear you man. Still, crushing a titan with a drop and keeping your one intact is a little different.

A comeback tactic to the nuke eject is to equip it yourself. When going nuclear, your titan is immune to the enemy blast. Time it right and you can catch their pilot on the blast while they are on the way back down. That'll teach em....

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

#6 Sgt_rawk, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    Yeah, agree wholeheartedly. It's a cheap kill. If you do it in my lobby just remember, I have very particular set of skills, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop camping my titan with nuke eject I will not look for you on the map, I will not pursue you. But if you don't I will find you and I will kill you. I will go negative 20 finding only you on the map and I WILL KILL YOU AND ONLY YOU.

Oh and just an addendum, a couple of things that I have seen and often felt it needs to be pointed out to the less cluey of us.

1. If you rodeo my titan and I get out. I can see you there. The big giveaway is when I get out of my titan, that's the time to jump off, if you stay I will simply shoot you. Additionally, if you do jump off I can still see you and I can still shoot you. If it didn't work the first six times it's probably worth a rethink.
    2. If you shoot me from a spot and you don't move from that spot I will come back. Do yourself a favour when you shoot someone from a spot, move somewhere else.
    3. If you rush mid map at the outset of a game you will die. Just don't

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. BattleReadyPB

BattleReadyPB Generation 5

I know its dirty as hell but I was playing LTS in a full lobby against some rather clueless pilots, two guys from my side ejected at the beginning of the match to make things bit fair... Myself on the other hand decided to wait a few seconds into the match and nuke in hostile territory... BOOM! 3 pilots and 3 Titans.
    We did the same damn thing the next match, BOOM 3 more titans and pilots!
    Back to back triple kills.

The lesson of the day here is not that nuking a perfectly good titan is cheap... The real lesson is don't get nuked in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Given too that if you stay alive in a titan you are killing lots of stuff and not dying. You are playing for yourself and more importantly the team and it's chances of winning the game.

• Like Like x 2
  9. BattleReadyPB

BattleReadyPB Generation 5

You wanna know whats funny, That very same game I had 10 titan kills, 9 pilot kills, and something like 6 assists, 0 deaths.
    I lost a battle mark!
    Even Titanfall's rank chip hated me for that hahaha.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Dirty, dirty pilot :D

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Another cheap tactic (that I have done).

Sometimes when I get rodeo'd, I instantly eject and shoot the pilot in mid-air. I can do this 9/10 times. When ejecting look up and slightly to the left.

• Like Like x 3
  12. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Awesome advice. I still violate those golden rules every game. Why?
    1. 99% of the time I get killed while staying on bull too long it is during the last 2-3 seconds before it blows up. I know I should leave but I want that last bit of gratification of being thrown into the air victorious. I know that the Titan is already dead, but I just cling on for that last lick. I will never learn. What is wrong with me? It must be that I am a gambler with an addictive personality believing that my luck will be better this time. This is why I do not spend more than 25 cents when I am in Las Vegas.
    2. If I shoot you I often will not move. If I move I get killed anyways. At least I know you are coming and I wil get you. Unless my neck gets snapped first because you stealthily came up behind me while I was perched carelessly so and so totally oblivious to the rest of the game. My addictive gambler personality says that my luck will be better this time, so I stay.
    3. Rushing mid map is so much fun. Someone has to get the game started.
    I hate that everyone is just hiding and waiting for the ambush of the stupid sucker who runs out mid map in the beginning of the game! But you better be quick and kill me on your first shot. If you do not, you are dead. Unless of course one of the other five players kills me first.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Ha! I do love rushing mid map, grenades a' flying - a few will testify to the success of that first thrill run: first blood - <insert name> killed thirdguyver:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I have to admit I've just started running newk eject as I am using a triple threat class and am rushing titans to get a jump on them. So it makes sense to do so as I am up close and if doomed then I just flick the switch however I was doomed the other day and no one was around, saw a guy just jumping into his titan so I sidled up to him and blew him up. Sorry @Bruvas I broke the golden rule but I haven't done it since. Promise :rolleyes:

16. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Blowing up when doomed is fine! That's the way it was intended to work. So long as you never blow up a perfectly good titan!

• Like Like x 2
  17. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Such a waste...a perfectly good titan down the toilet.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Absolutely. I was brought up not to waste anything :)

19. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Oh, ok. I'm usually not ok with someone doing that exact thing to me so I felt pretty guilty for doing it to someone else. If they are in my face trying to kill all good but if they are just getting in a fresh out of the oven titan I think it's a little cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  20. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I admit I've done it before lol, but only when the opportunity arose. But when your getting smashed what better way than to ruin someone's death score? definitely shame on pilots that use it non stop though.

But, Nuke eject makes everyone run too - always a good one in last titan standing if you are nearly doomed, can give your team the advantage by spreading out the enemy team, chase them as long as you can until the bright white light of certain death in proximity is coming out of you....your team has time to charge into whoever broke off the enemy frontage and take them out quick while the rest reorg.