Titanfall Pilot Tactical Kits

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by RedShield75, Jul 23, 2017.

?
  1. Stim

2. Grapple

3. Phase Shift

4. Holo

5. Cloak

6. A-Wall

7. Pulse Blade

Results are only viewable after voting.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. RedShield75

RedShield75 Generation 3

#1 RedShield75, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    An idea I got recently (not) was that pilot tactical should have kits.
    This began with a thought process starting a month and a half ago with A-Wall.
    A-Wall needs a buff. It takes so long to place down and then uses the whole thing up. The entirety of it encourages camping in a game where you need speed.
    "Speed is life" -Viper
    Some ideas is that when you place it little rockets light up shooting it towards the ground, so in a fast paced fight you can throw it down and get the jump on your enemy. Then once they are dead you can deactivate the A-Wall. The tactical timer would behave like that of Grapple. Longer the A-wall is active, the lower the bar. A-wall deactivates, A-wall starts replenishing from there. This way A-Wall users can't throw down an A-wall, shoot two people, destroy it, move it, shoot again, and repeat for an inifinite wall. There is some wait for the bar to finish refilling. When the wall is shot at the amount of time left is lowered instead of having an invisible health bar and having it continue to lost bar when dead. A-wall should also be placeable on titans. It's sad that it can't.
    The next part is where the kits come in. All names were probably made up on the spot for the kits.
    Each Tactical gets several kit options, but only gets to choose one.

A-Wall:

Disc Launcher: Fires the A-wall towards the cross hairs at stop speed, activates in direction you are looking at when fired/ when it lands.

Detonator: When the pilot deactivates their A-Wall it explodes dealing damage to everything around it.

Unchanneled Energy: When an enemy walks through the a-wall, they are stunned to an amount decreasing the larger the enemy is (i.e. Pilots take slow equal to that in the singleplayer with the captain's shields, while titans take small amounts of disruption.

Phase Shift:
    Dimension Warp: Pilot moves faster while phased (includes reload)

Dimensional Fissure: When entering and leaving phase, pilots do damage to an area around them (i.e damage as an arc grenade without stun, pilot does full kill to leaving on a pilot, plus more around)

I dunno another one: meh.

Grapple:
    Resistant Springs: Pilots move faster during grapple, speed of depletion unaffected.

Sharper Hooks: When grappled to a hostile grapple does constant damage to the target while you are pulled towards them.

Holo:
    Smarter AI: Holos will turn when they hit a wall. (works with the boost.)

Dual Projectors: Every time a holo is activated it sends out two instead of one. (Works with the boost)

Stim:
    Energy Arcs: Friendly pilots nearby are granted stim boost as long as they are within close proximity during stim.

Current Flow: Stim buffs gun's firing speed and shortens reload time.

Pulse Blade:
    (I give up on names)

Increased range

Better batteries mean increased scanning time

Faster throw speed means hitting the ground faster and allowing the blade to pierce organics and pilots.

Cloak
    I never use cloak so I have no ideas for it.

And if any of you think for one minute A-wall is too OP for any reason, try using it. It's pretty garbage.

The Frontier is changing. Adapting. If you are not willing to change with it, you will be left behind. Only those who improvise and create new ways to fight will get to see the glorious day of when they defeat their foe and win the Frontier. Those who do not are the ones who will be dead...

Thoughts? Additions? Better Names? More Kits?

• Like Like x 2
  2. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#2 ensc, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    You have lots of good ideas and a good imagination Red. I think you will really appreciate members "Trini Chinese" and "Derrame" and they will probably appreciate you. Your post reminds me of one that they would do.

I think the idea of kits for tactical abilities is a good one and adds another layer to them. My only other comment, and pehaps you may agree, since you were the only other one who voted at the time and you voted the same as me, would be that I don't want kits added to Phase Shift, I want it gone completely. I loved the "Cause and Effect" mission in the Single Player, but that is where that should have stayed. It does not belong in the Multiplayer for 2 reasons.
    1) It is the polar opposite of arc mines in TF1. You should not be allowed to kill me when you are not there to do it. With Phase Shift, when I have you dead to rights, you should not be allowed to not be there.
    2) It is one of the many things that make TF2 cartoony compared to TF1 and I want all of the cartoonification extracted from the game.

3. RedShield75

RedShield75 Generation 3

QUOTE="ensc, post: 56586, member: 8101"]
    1) It is the polar opposite of arc mines in TF1. You should not be allowed to kill me when you are not there to do it. With Phase Shift, when I have you dead to rights, you should not be allowed to not be there.
    2) It is one of the many things that make TF2 cartoony compared to TF1 and I want all of the cartoonification extracted from the game.[/QUOTE]
    Phase Shift is a hassle to deal with and does add a layer of cartoony-ism to the game. However, it isn't exactly "when I have you dead to rights, you should not be allowed to not be there." More often than not, Phase Shift's utter flaw is that because the enemy pilot is phased, you too are "technically/kinda/sorta" phased. Let me explain. One of the best ways to attempt to use phase shift is to move locations, reload your gun, and get your health timer rolling to 0 to regenerate. However, the person on the outside also gets to move locations, reload, get health, and because of the trail that the phase leaves behind that shows you "exactly" where they will exit phase. This tends to give the person on the outside the advantage if they know how to use it.
    Being cartoon-y is an adjective I never thought about. Now that you say it, it honestly is pretty cartoon-y after Benchy gets 89 kills taking advantage of it. The idea of leaving the dimension via a tiny device on your hand lacks all logic behind it, and it doesn't appear Respawn has tried to explain it. But then, some of the best fights I have are the ones where I go up against a phase shift pilot due to the length that the fight is drawn to. Your post brings Phase Shift into a new light for me, and I respect your opinion.

Phase Shift:
    Clean Entrance: Activating Phase shift does not leave a trail behind you.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Phase Shift is a hassle to deal with and does add a layer of cartoony-ism to the game. However, it isn't exactly "when I have you dead to rights, you should not be allowed to not be there." More often than not, Phase Shift's utter flaw is that because the enemy pilot is phased, you too are "technically/kinda/sorta" phased. Let me explain. One of the best ways to attempt to use phase shift is to move locations, reload your gun, and get your health timer rolling to 0 to regenerate. However, the person on the outside also gets to move locations, reload, get health, and because of the trail that the phase leaves behind that shows you "exactly" where they will exit phase. This tends to give the person on the outside the advantage if they know how to use it.
    Being cartoon-y is an adjective I never thought about. Now that you say it, it honestly is pretty cartoon-y after Benchy gets 89 kills taking advantage of it. The idea of leaving the dimension via a tiny device on your hand lacks all logic behind it, and it doesn't appear Respawn has tried to explain it. But then, some of the best fights I have are the ones where I go up against a phase shift pilot due to the length that the fight is drawn to. Your post brings Phase Shift into a new light for me, and I respect your opinion.

Phase Shift:
    Clean Entrance: Activating Phase shift does not leave a trail behind you.[/QUOTE]

You present some very reasonable arguments. I'm happy if my post brought something to a new light for you. You have a very good imagination. Keep up the good ideas.

• Like Like x 1