PS 4 Pro

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Bruvas, Sep 7, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Well...

Please excuse the double negative, but I've never not owned a PlayStation until now. The 1, 2, 3, PSP, Vita (ok, my sons) but this 'Gen' I went with the Xbone (having had the original and the 360 too of course)

When I heard about the Neo, my interest was piqued. Now that I've watched the show, read all about it, I'm kind of underwhelmed. And then the go and make the new PS4 slim ugly.

Anyone upgrading and wanting to move their nice looking old ps4, give me a shout. :/

2. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Mate, I was going to buy one last w'end but decided to wait till the pro came out, and yeah, it looks to be a little underwhelming but it appears that this one will run VR better? however I can't see that this is actually the case...

3. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I think the extra bump in power will make it better than the current version, but I've also read that the PSVR is quite a few paces behind vive and rift with resolution and overall experience so it won't need a £1000 PC to run it well.

Also it doesn't support 4k bluray?? Might upgrade to the one S, then get an old PS4. Need my uncharted fix shortly :D

4. illegalfreq

illegalfreq Generation 1

Nah, I'm not interested in any 4K or VR stuff, and I agree the Slim - which will be the main instead of the original - is ugly as hell! They removed the hdd bay cover, the led bar, what da hell is that thing? They forgot how to make a slim design after PS3 Slim, do you remember Ultra Slim? That one as ugly as PS4 Slim...If someone wants to buy in choose the original PS4 before it's too late.

I hope this (ugly) Pro version won't split the community. Yea I know Andrew House told us it won't but what if for example Titanfall 2 multiplayer runs better on PS4 Pro and it gives players an advantage on the field? I know TF2 is not on the list right now but damn, it doesn't sounds good.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I find it strange that Sony (and MS probably with the Scorpio) are aiming at the 4k market, when even this generation isn't hitting 1080/60 with everything. I read an article on euro gamer where they took a good i7 PC with the new nVidia titan card and even it struggled at top end graphics to maintain 60fps at 4k, and is it not something like a 12tf card? Double the Scorpio and treble the Pro?

Someone needs to sit these people down in a room, pat them on the shoulder, and say we want 1080/60 with all the high end effects/shaders, and that the public will thank them for it!

6. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

i look at the PS4 Pro as the TYPE R series of a car or the WRX / sa for form factor am alright with how it looks as they took a bit of the design from ps2 mixed in with the ps4 it's all good once the games work the way it should as in the future i am also upgrading to a 4k tv .

i figured this would have been the outcome to the new ps4.5 as in reality the PRO system is just a tuned cpu / engine to perform to max or close to settings.
    if i had the money i would upgrade and i know what to expect for that upgrade and hope that the new fetures from sony give us a more dynamic ui as the ps4.5 or neo is what really the ps4 should have been at launch .