Questions for Jay?

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Ik0n88x, Jan 17, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

You can always tweet at @jonshiring he's the dude that heads up the online TF and he is always responsive to anyone who has issues. I was getting a bit of rubbberbanding myself on the weekend but only mildly. But tweet at him, he'll respond.

2. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Hey @Omega82 lmk where you are and what servers you are on and what game types and stuff and I'll tweet at Jon Shiring and ask him if he can improve your lag issues if you like.

3. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

I play on the New York data center ( 16 ping) the next one down is Virginia at (19 ping). Usually the lowest ping I see in games are 30. I have seen some as high as 200 ping. But I don't even know if the awful lag reflects the ping or not. I'm not very technical when it comes to servers and connections, or I should say not very knowledgeable. I could see a ping at 80 and the game is barely working , rubber banding across the whole map and just unplayable.

I'm not saying I have a great connection from my ISP but I use a wired connection and I haven't seen this horrible problem on other games i have , such as battlefield and black ops 3.

Game modes I play are Attrition and PvP and i play on ps4

• Like Like x 2
  4. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

it will all be a matter of opinion , at the end of the day. and the community here , have very good ideas and comments . and i don't think just because jay is a community official manager we as members need to button up our shirts just because he joined the unofficial community. what should be the concerned is that there are issues suggestions and real concepts and views on this site and he should read and take it very serious .

but cheers for the attempt to keep the peace.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Trini Chinese

question . why should he be ignored just because he is being blunt or speaking his mind ?
    he is voicing his views and expressing it in the best way he or she knows best .

• Like Like x 2
  6. Trini Chinese

agreed

• Like Like x 2
  7. Trini Chinese

well said , agreed.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

I will tweet him then thanks. Well the rubber banding you saw over the weekend I have been seeing since the game came out. It has been playable for the most part but there are stretches this game goes through where the rubber banding is completely awful and unplayable. This past weekend was the worst I think I've seen it . its just unacceptable after all this time.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Thanks man for speaking your mind , good to hear from you

• Like Like x 2
  10. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Unfortunately it also appears Jay won't be responding to this either. Since we can't really get straight answers we will just have to hope for the best I guess.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#31 ensc, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    I very much agree with this sentiment Trini. This is our place to express and share what we like and don't like about the game. If a developer was truly interested in our feedback, they should value true honesty even if it is brutal. I know I would.

Honestly, representatives of the developer should be monitoring this site as much as we do without us even knowing and noticeably implementing changes and enhancements to address the major concerns and desires as quickly as possible. I mean, it is not that hard if you just pay attention to the major themes. As a developer, if I had been monitoring this site, I would have known that I needed to be putting out 3 brand new maps about every 2 months, including a coop mode, and doing things to make the titans more of the centerpiece in a game called Titanfall (such as adding a Titan vs. Titan mode).

It's actually an insult to us that they haven't addressed these concerns already in a substantial way whether they monitored this site or not. Frankly, it's not rocket science. These are things they should just know. I for one am not going to alter my behavior just because someone from a group who I feel has disrespected me decides to grace us with their presence.

If they want to come here and truly listen and make some drastic changes, great! I will applaud them and sing their praises then, but in the words of Jerry Maguire, they need to "Show Me The Money!!!" first, because we've already given them the money, so they work for us, not the other way around. If they want us to stick with them, then:

I mean, it is not like we have been hiding this site underneath a rock or anything. It's been here all along. Have they addressed any of our significant concerns? I think not. If they had, then you wouldn't be seeing some of our members who have been some of their strongest supporters for so long beginning to start expressing boredom and frustration.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

OK, how about fixing this one Jay? You guys are killing me here. Despite you unnecessarily changing the entire core functionality of TF1 to appease the traditional FPS crowd, I keep trying to enjoy this game and every time I feel like I am starting to, you just have to pull the rug out from under my feet.
    1) I only prefer Amped Hardpoint and could never get a game.
    2) A few weeks ago, I noticed I could start getting games of Amped Hardpoint and was really enjoying it, but then you release Colony 24/7, which sucked a lot of people out of the Amped Hardpoint lobby.
    3) Yesterday, I was just starting to be able to get to play Amped Hardpoint games again. I probably played about 20 games with no problem. Now today, I started 3 games (even rebooting my PC between each game) and keep getting this error message maybe a couple minutes into the game right when I am really getting into it:
    upload_2017-4-9_19-12-46.png

By the way, I updated my video driver yesterday to the latest before playing those 20 games yesterday, which worked fine.

I have an nVidia GeForce GTX970 and have this driver: 22.21.13.8165 that was put out on 3/31/17

• Like Like x 1
  13. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Unbelievable! That last experience where I entered the post right above this one was so frustrating that I hadn't even tried to play again since then until about 10 minutes ago. So, it had been about almost 4-1/2 days since then. I've used my computer heavily for work and personal use since then. I've played TF1 for at least 2 hours per day every day. All with ZERO problems.

I give TF2 a try and within the first 5 minutes I get the triple negative:
    1) I get thrown into the middle of a losing game.
    2) There is an FPS clan on the other side.
    3) It locks up on me and I get the same error message as above.

Thanks Respawn! Just loads of fun there.

• Like Like x 1