Respawn: Titanfall will have no Season Pass/no MicroTransactions

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by ZJP, Feb 28, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gaming To Excess

Gaming To Excess Generation 5

Leave it abit they will bring something out eventually

3. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

They said they're doing DLC the way it used to be....maps/weapons/add on comes out, they sell it to you.

No extra bullshit.

Big hat tip to them for that.

4. KaotikOnslaught

KaotikOnslaught Generation 5

Very smart by Respawn. Interested in see what kind of DLC they will bring, I'm assuming maps for sure.

5. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Actually hoping besides maps, they bring us something we're not used to yet. They've done SO well thus far by keeping us on our toes and breathing fresh life into FPS'....hoping they continue this trend with their DLC packs.

• Like Like x 2
  6. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

Great decision and obviously not scared to let their quality of work be judged before purchasing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

Season Pass not ruled out yet

8. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I'm not concerned about a pass that saves you $10 if you're going to buy all the DLC anyway.

What I 100000000% don't want to see is microtransactions. That'd really cheapen the experience for me.

9. MysteriousScaRe

MysteriousScaRe Generation 2

DLCs will be released for sure. I guess a Season Pass will be offered.

10. Lateralus082

Lateralus082 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I have a question.

Since I was never really a fan of Call of Duty, what is a "season pass"? What does it do? How much does it cost?

11. Carlos

Carlos Generation 3

#11 Carlos, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    It's a pass to get 'x' amount of DLC in one price.

Activision experimented with DLC as far back to COD4.

Variety Pack included 4 maps, but wasn't a Season Pass.

MW2 had 2 map packs, with 5 maps each. Still wasn't a Season Pass.

At this point, you're paying $xx.xx for each DLC.

With MW3, Activision took this idea and pushed it really hard. This time, you had to be an Elite member to buy all the maps - so, you're paying about $20 to $50 more for 10 map packs, with a varying number of maps/bonuses.

With Black Ops 2, they took the idea and then made it a bit better. Not by a lot, but just a little bit. You're paying $50 for a Season Pass, to gain access to 4 map packs, 5 maps/bonuses each.

Activision's latest release CODGhosts had a similar program. But instead of just giving you maps, weapons, they gave you extras - like with the Onslaught DLC, you get Maverick A2 Sniper Rifle (which is a hybrid weapon), and Fog's bonus - get a field operations on that map, and you get Michael Myers. Yes, that Michael Myers.

At this point, you're paying $xx.xx to get ALL DLC's.

The problem with this is that Activision markets DLC too soon, and people gave Activision so much shit because they feel like they've been ripped off from the get-go. It's just as bad as Capcom's DLC problems. Most of the DLC's are either locked (on the actual disc, to be unlocked by the developer), or patched to be unlocked.

The problem isn't the offer, but rather how soon the DLC's are being sold or marketed. Most of the time, the DLC's are shipped alongside your Call of Duty copy.

12. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I saw this on Twitter earlier today but wasn't able to post it. Thanks to @PJZ for the post!

I'm really happy the stance that Respawn is taking with this game. I've grown tired of the way studios/publishers have done DLC the past couple of years. I trust Respawn will make some awesome DLC for Titanfall.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Could not agree anymore with this post if I tried PJZ. If I could like it twice I would as you took the words right out of my mouth (or keyboard in this case).

I agree Chaz. If I'm going to buy a DLC, I rather just go and buy it. Its when they try to make something out to be something its not and than try to sell it as being something new and different that I get the shits.

14. KingOfGaems

KingOfGaems Helpin' you in the best way, day by day.
    Elite Pilot

This is a great move from Respawn. I give 100% props to them for actually sticking with the community and the traditional method of DLC. They're really trying to please us, and that just makes everything better!

• Like Like x 1
  15. GammonMaster

GammonMaster O.G. Original Gamer Before Platform Shoes, Baby!
    Elite Pilot

I don't have a problem with a Season Pass as it can save me a few bucks and a bit less of hassle. Like someone else mentioned, it is the timing of it. With the Xbox one, I was hoping it would simply download the new DLC when in standby so I would have no down time. Then a SP would be perfect.

BO2 was worth the SP. Borderlands 2 was another. Ghost and BF4 I passed on and I am thankful I did.