RottweilerluvNZ indeed, boasts these fine beasts as his own....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lobby' started by RottweilerluvNZ, Sep 28, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Been asked a few times here and there, do you actually have Rottis? I do, always have since just a young germ. Highly recommend but when I'm too frail to handle big dogs I'm going to get a cat.

Here's 2 of my 3 Rotti savages (love em)...the younger 2 of course! they run a lot for big dogs, but that's a good thing when your gate is 300 meters up a driveway lol, can just let them go when you don't know who's up there (just kidding - we have gnarly dog laws here)

Just started Phantom piloting, been mucking around with all sorts of stuff. Got a fishing drop line attachment on the way....what??! can't wait for that, who would have thought soon I'll be dropping my bait 4 - 500 meters out, just flew it off the beach today testing it out bloody good range about 440 before signal loss began. Doing a bit of scenery stuff (breathtaking seeing from way up there) and just flying it 'everyday' because these freaky drones, you just can. All GPS and self take off and landing.

This is Rocky (AKA Squid) & Raven, they kick arse, and help me sleep easy at night as you can imagine. After a hard day chasing balls, and swimming in the surf, I wind them up to take that last energy cube of theirs they'll be done for days, they just love chasing this thing surely this is the future of exercising your dogs lol.

If anyone else does drone flying, I'd love to see your vids. I've just started uploading, only had Phantom for about a month now still getting the hang.

Since we are all from all over the world, it would be cool to see some of your guys back yards. It's all city and beach here, rain and mud in NZ been a hua of a winter - but summers on the way.

I'll post more vids as I get them up, chased a 4x4 through the dunes today 1st person flying it was pretty awesome, hope it came out ok.

If anyone does the same sort of thing, hit me up, would love to see your footage.

Thanks for meeting RottweilerluvNZ's inspiration!! it's my gamertag on Xboxone, PS4, DJI Drone Forum & Youtube.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, that sure is a good way to tire them out. I'm sure parents would love a similar type of thing for kids. :) Hang something off it and tell them if they catch it, they get a reward like a video game or something. It would be nice if you could program it to move on it's own though to keep them occupied while you are doing other things. Like set it to have to stay within certain boundaries where they will be safe, but then program it to always keep avoiding them so they can never catch it. :) Kill 2 birds with one stone. Keep them busy while you do other things. Tire them out so they go to be right away and sleep really well. A parent's dream. I'm sure they would be willing to pay a ton of money for something like that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Always have had dogs and always have had beaches (Nova Scotia, little else than cliffs and beaches). This video is mesmerizing! Well done. Your dogs must absolutely love you. I am so envious. I used to have big dogs, now I have down sized to Jack Russel Terriers...little dogs who think that they are big. They love to run. I may have to take up drone flying just to play this new game with them. Darn...another thing to put on my bucket list.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

What a great way to give them a workout! My spaniel wouldn't give a monkeys toss about a drone. Put a rabbit in front of him (or mention the word excitedly!) and he goes ape s**t though :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Cool video, thats an ace idea for walking/running the dogs!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Cool video, makes me miss my dog. I had my rottweiler for 15 years before she passed.

• Like Like x 1