Images Signatures

Discussion in 'Titanfall Creations' started by kbrock1, Apr 13, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

So im willing to make a few basic sigs like the one below,.. nothing too fancy,.. name and platform,.. and a color of your choice,..

[​IMG]

@BallisticDad

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. BallisticDad

BallisticDad Played the very first FPS! *Duck Hunt*
    Elite Pilot

#2 BallisticDad, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    @kbrock1 nice job, I like it! Now I am going to have to break out my photoshop...

3. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

Here is my first run. Only had a few minutes. Ill perfect it later. Test1BD.png

4. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

not bad. lil drab in color,..

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

Your gonna DRAB in color?

Update:
    BDSig.png

6. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

7. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

[​IMG]

• Creative Creative x 1
  8. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

*SHAKES HEAD* the forums seem to dislike the animation...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

i was TRYING to avoid copyrighted material

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

#10 BallisticDad, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    Nice! I dont know animation.
    I need to think about mine more. Not sure how I want it...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

awesome work

• Like Like x 1
  12. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

@BallisticDad , can you not go through and thumbs down, and troll everything i post,..? its getting a little out of hand. out of the 6 you rated, only 2 were positive... when its graphics, i need to know if someone likes it or not, and marking it dislike can actually take away from it when people are viewing it,..

13. NoID_tripLe

NoID_tripLe Generation 3
    Elite Pilot

Oh shit, do I gotta bust out photoshop?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. NoID_tripLe

NoID_tripLe Generation 3
    Elite Pilot

I'll give some constructive criticism to both of you instead of just posting like I did above lol. It seems like you both like to have borders on your sigs and have text that sticks out from the sig also. My advice would be to start with the sig itself, the actual picture. Do some brushwork and blending around a focal point like say a picture of a Titan. Maybe duplicate the layer a few times and try some blending modes like overlay or soft light and then work on the text. As far as borders go, I've never used them except when I first started doing sigs and most of the time now I won't even do like a one pixel black or white border I just leave it.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents ;) I'll work on a sig and post it here in a bit so you can kinda see what I'm talking about a little more.

• Like Like x 2
  15. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

#15 kbrock1, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    TY i always love constructive input. if you see my sig, and my green ballistic dad one they have no border. i was just kinda following his lead..

in fact, thiswhole thread was supposed to be a freebie for anyone who wanted a sig with their name. something easy for me to make...

16. NoID_tripLe

NoID_tripLe Generation 3
    Elite Pilot

Oh Im sorry I didnt realize. I read your first post but it somehow got lost in my head while reading through the thread that it was a freebie sig. Anyways, I did break out the photoshop and suprised myself a little seeing as I haven't made a sig in years. If you want I could walk you through the majority of what I did ;) [​IMG]

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

DO IT. (you wont do it)

18. NoID_tripLe

NoID_tripLe Generation 3
    Elite Pilot

Lol I'll do it. Going to bed now but I'll post in the morning definitely.

19. NoID_tripLe

NoID_tripLe Generation 3
    Elite Pilot

Step 1: Download some good brushes. Search "must have photoshop brushes" on google, it usually brings up some nice brush choices.

Step 2: Get a good picture. If you find the original I used it had a lot going on but I rotated it and focused on the one pilot.

Step 3: Pick your canvas size. For mine I used 475x150 I believe. You never want to have to much background and not enough of your render (or vice versa). Find a nice balance.

Step 4: Place your render (picture) on the canvas and figure out where you want it or where you think it will look best.

Step 5: Pick a dark color and a light color from your render then hide the render layer. Make a new layer and place it under your render layer. Take your new brushes and using the dark color make a nice little background. Then take the light color brush over it but leave some of the dark exposed!

Step 6: Make your render layer visible again and then use one of your brushes (like a grunge) to erase everything around your render. It's okay to touch on the render a little, it helps blend it.

Step 7: Do some additional brushing if you feel it's necessary, I actually did another layer with just a few lighting brushes and overlayed them to lighten up the whole sig a little.

Step 8: Once your happy with how it looks, create a Color Balance layer and make sure all other layers are below it. Mess around with the Midtones, Hightlights, and Shadows till you get something you like.

Step 9: Ready for text. Pick a light color and a dark color again from the whole sig. OR pick a mid color and a bright color. Use the dark/mid color for the name and the light/bright color for a smaller text like I did "No I.D. eSports".

Step 10: Save the image is a .PNG and your done! I don't like .JPG because I feel you lose some quality ;) Any questions just ask!

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

I only did it once... Swear.