Fan Art Some Titan Concepts (Reposted after previous was deleted)

Discussion in 'Titanfall Creations' started by ApertureGaming011, Oct 3, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ApertureGaming011

ApertureGaming011 Generation 1

Greetings from Aperture!
    For some reason, my previous thread was deleted. I don't know what happened, or what I did wrong (If I did) and I received no notification about it. Anyway, this is my second attempt on posting my thirteen Titan concepts;
    3 Atlas, 3 Ogre, 3 Stryder, 4 Vanguard.

OGRES:

Destroyer.jpg
    DESTROYER

This titan is actually from Titanfall Online, the Titanfall spinoff developed by Nexon with Respawn Entertainment.
    WEAPON: Quad Rocket Launcher
    ORDNANCE: Charge Cannon
    The Charge cannon (The long stick on its back) is like the plasma railgun of Northstars. The damage increases depending on four charges.
    DEFENSIVE: SMOKE GRENADES
    Impairs enemy vision with simple smoke.
    TACTICAL: CONCUSSIVE BLAST
    Makes the attack of the Destroyer decrease enemy attack speed for three seconds. (Enemy effect lasts three seconds, too)
    CORE: SHIELD CORE
    Just like in the original Titanfall, this ability gives the Destroyer shields that are double the normal shields of Titans and recharges rapidly. Core lasts six seconds.

Paladin.jpg
    PALADIN

WEAPON: 30mm Autocannon
    ORDNANCE: DEPLOY TICKS
    Paladin deploys three ticks that seek their own targets.
    DEFENSIVE: GUARDIAN SHIELD
    Forms a barrier around itsels and surrounding area that absorbs 2500 damage (The full shields of a Titan)
    TACTICAL: IFF BARRIER
    Like the Tone, Paladin forms a semi-permeable barrier that lets allies pass through but blocks enemies. Does not block attacks.
    CORE: ARTILLERY CORE
    Paladin shoots two powerful howitzer shots from its back that deals extremely high damage along with splash. The shot is quite inaccurate, though. Core target area must be designated via minimap.

Lasso.jpg
    LASSO
    WEAPON: Scatter Cannon
    Imagine the gun that Roadhog uses in Overwatch (The mode that fires shots that deals splash damage.)
    ORDNANCE: GRAPPLE DRAG
    Latches onto an enemy (especially Titans) and drags them to Lasso.
    DEFENSIVE: NANO-BOOST ARMOR
    Lasso's health doubles for six seconds.
    TACTICAL: GRAPPLE JUMP
    Lasso grapples onto a terrain and gets pulled there.
    CORE: RECOIL CORE
    Lasso's Scatter Cannon fires uncontrollably with a decent RoF, sending enemies in front of Lasso to be knocked back. Core lasts 6 seconds.

ATLASES:

Chronos.jpg
    CHRONOS

WEAPON: Charge Cannon (Corrected form the drawing)
    Yup, it's that Charge Rifle but in Titan form.
    ORDNANCE: FOLD BLAST
    Chronos fires a blast of energy that folds space and time, dealing significant damage against the targeted enemy/terrain.
    DEFENSIVE: TIME SHIELD
    Chronos generates a shield in front of him that slows enemy projectiles, making them easy to evade.
    TACTICAL: TELEPORTATION
    Chronos teleports to a visible designated area instantly.
    CORE: CHRONO CORE
    When activated, Chronos stops time around it, completely immobilizing enemies movement and attack around it for five seconds.

Tesla.jpg
    TESLA
    This titan was inspired by a user that posted here previously.
    WEAPON: Thunderbolt Cannon
    It's that Thunderbolt but in Titan version.
    ORDNANCE: STUN SHOT
    Tesla shoots a bolt of lightning at the enemy, dealing small damage, stunning it for one second and delaying its abilities' cooldown by two seconds.
    DEFENSIVE: ARC MINE
    Deploys a mine that detonates upon enemy's proximity, stunning it for two seconds.
    TACTICAL: DISRUPTION BOLT
    Fires a bolt of energy that slows down enemy Titans for two seconds.
    CORE: SURGE CORE
    Tesla fires a bolt of powerful energy in front of him, completely resetting its victim's ability cooldowns (cuts down 20% of enemy core) and dealing significant damage.

Pulse.jpg
    PULSE
    WEAPON: Proton Rifle
    Fires a beam of consecutive energy, similar to that of a weak version of Ion's Laser Core.
    ORDNANCE: REPULSION BEACON
    Pulse deploys a small beacon at a designated area that knocks back enemies around the said beacon for five seconds.
    DEFENSIVE: REFRACTION SHIELD
    Pulse generates a shield around its weapon that refracts weapon fire from Pulse and hit something else.
    TACTICAL: A-WALL
    Deploy a barrier that amps allied damage but doesn't act as a shield against enemy fire.
    CORE: SINGULARITY CORE
    Pulse fires a globule of energy that sucks in enemies to the said globule. Lasts six seconds and creates a small explosion after expiration.

STRYDERS:

Mamba.jpg
    MAMBA

WEAPON: Light Machine Gun
    Think of the Lewis Gun.
    ORDNANCE: BURST ROCKETS
    Imagine the three-rocket attack from the original Titanfall.
    DEFENSIVE: REFLECTION SHIELD
    (Corrected from what's in the picture)
    Mamba generates a shield from its left hand that reflects enemy fire into random directions. Lasts three seconds.
    TACTICAL: LOCOMOTION BOOSTERS
    Mamba's movement speed increases for three seconds.
    CORE: DASH CORE
    Yup, it's that Dash Core.

Cricket.jpg
    CRICKET
    WEAPON: 90mm Sniper Rifle
    Powerful, but only holds one round. Long reload time.
    ORDNANCE: RICOCHET ROUND
    Fires a shot from its rifle that splits up into ten fragments that ricochet from walls three times each.
    DEFENSIVE: DEFENSE MATRIX
    Cricket generates a barrier around itself that makes it invulnerable for one second.
    TACTICAL: JUMP
    Lets Cricket jump up high.
    CORE: SLAM CORE
    Cricket jumps high into the air and lands hard on the ground, dealing heavy damage on enemies around the crash zone.

Hunter.jpg
    HUNTER
    WEAPON: N7 Gunblade
    It's a semi-auto revolver carbine, but acts like a sword too.
    ORDNANCE: BATTERY HACK
    Hunter's target loses its shield and deals small damage for one second.
    DEFENSIVE: MAP JAMMER
    Hunter jams the minimap around him for four seconds.
    TACTICAL: CLOAK
    Hunter becomes invisible for five seconds. Only melee attacks are permitted.
    CORE: SABOTAGE CORE
    Hunter's attacks lower enemy attack speed and mobility. Effected enemies are unable to dismount their Titan. When Hunter destroys an enemy Titan while the Core is active, the enemy Titan will always leave an Amped Battery. Hunter is also cloaked during the Core. Lasts six seconds.

VANGUARDS:

Vanguard MkII.jpg
    VANGUARD MK-II

WEAPON: 30mm Chaingun Assault Rifle
    ORDNANCE: ARC MISSILES
    Fires five unguided missiles that stuns enemy Titans for one second.
    DEFENSIVE: VORTEX WALL
    Vanguard Mk-II generates a barrier on the ground that absorbs 2500 worth of damage. After three seconds, the wall shoots back projectiles.
    TACTICAL: Pick up/Switch Weapons.
    Vangaurd Mk-II picks up a weapon of a downed Titan and uses it. If already having a second weapon, it will switch between its standard weapon or salvaged weapon. Salvaged weapon has two magazines.
    CORE: BURST CORE
    If you played the campaign, you would know what this is.

Apothecary.jpg
    APOTHECARY
    WEAPON: Nano Rifle
    Think of Ana (Overwatch)'s weapon.
    ORDNANCE: DECAY SHOT
    Apothecary fires a bolt that degrades enemy health for a small amount. Lasts two seconds.
    DEFENSIVE: NANO CANISTER
    Deploys a cylinder on the ground that very slowly repairs allied Titans around the cylinder. Lasts two seconds.
    TACTICAL: REPAIR SHOT
    Fire a bolt of nanobots at an allied Titan. It repairs the allied Titan (Worth a normal battery).
    CORE: SAVIOR CORE
    Apothecary generates a barrier around its surroundings, rapidly repairing allied Titans around it and repairing allies from Doomed states. Lasts four seconds.

Havoc.jpg
    HAVOC
    WEAPON: Gravity Gun
    Despite its name, the Gravity Gun deals slow and consecutive damage as long there is ammo in its magazine. It also slightly slows down target's movement.
    ORDNANCE: REPULSION BLAST
    Havoc fires a wave of gravity that deals small damage and knocks back enemies in front if him.
    DEFENSIVE: HARD BARRIER
    Havoc generates a wall on the ground that lets nothing through, allied or not. Lasts four seconds.
    TACTICAL: TARGET UPLINK
    When active, allies around Havoc will receive a slight boost in attack damage.
    CORE: GRAVITY CORE
    Havoc's Gravity Gun generates a crushing gravity at the targeted area, making the enemies in there take large damage and lose 75% movement and attack speed. Lasts five seconds.

Boreas.jpg
    BOREAS
    WEAPON: Cryothrower
    A flamethrower-like weapon that sprays liquid nitrogen. Deals little damage but slightly slows down enemy movement. Freezes infantry. When coated on the ground, any enemy that steps on the ice will lose friction and will be unable to decelerate. Ice lasts one second.
    ORDNANCE: ICE SHARD
    Boreas's Cryothrower shoots out a shard of solid nitrogen, dealing significant damage against its target.
    DEFENSIVE: ICE ARMOR
    Boreas is coated with a shield of ice, which absorbs 2500 damage. Lasts three seconds.
    TACTICAL: Acceleration Shot
    Boreas fires a beam of energy at its allied Titan, boosting its movement speed for two seconds.
    CORE: CRYO CORE
    Boreas slams its Cryothrower at the ground, generating a large circle of ice. Enemies in the Core are completely frozen and take twice the amount of damage from allied fire.

So, that's it! I posted it again. Hopefully this doesn't get taken down for unknown reasons like the previous ones. Please leave a review and write your Titan suggestions! I'm trying to draw the Titan executions for these 13 concepts.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#2 ensc, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    Thank you for sharing all of this. You really put a lot of thought and effort into this. I very much like some of the individual aspects of some of these titans.

Please don't take this the wrong way, because I applaud your creativity and this is not meant to stifle that in any way or to discourage more ideas and creativity, but there is one very important point I would like to make, because it is a fundamentally critical point that drives everything involved in titans going forward. And my issue is not necessarily with what you are doing, but more with the direction Respawn went in TF2. You are simply following their lead. I am absolutely opposed to titans having preset loadouts. I do not want some developer/designer deciding for me what will be the right combination of chassis/primary weapon/ordinance/tactical ability/kits, etc. I can decide that for myself thank you much. Here are several reasons why:

1) Choice - it is rediculous to me that I can choose to make my titan pink, but I cannot choose all of the important components of my titan that will affect how it functions in battle.

2) Self Expression - if I cannot have all of the functional components I want, then the titan isn't truly me and I can't express myself the way I would like.

3) Enjoyment - if I cannot choose the important points of my titan and hence cannot express myself, then there is really no way I can enjoy it, because then I am being expected to master a conglomeration of components that some developer/designer thought would be good and they can go pound sand with that crap. Not interested.

4) Recognizability - I know part of the reason they went to the preset loadouts was so you could recognize and know what you were facing. That is just flat out rediculous. In the real world, our military does not hold up a big billboard for the enemy that says, "Hey! I am using X, Y and Z and these are all the abilities I have. Just wanted you to know so that you know how to attack me and defend against me." Again, Rediculous!

5) Personality - I know another part of the reason they went to the preset loadouts was to try to give the titans personalities. Well, there are about 7 personalities now, none of which I want representing me. TF1 allowed me to pick all of the components I wanted so that I could go into battle with all the tools I wanted and then I added the personality. It was me that defined the personality that titan was going to have, not some random mish mash of inadequate components that some developer/designer threw together.

Again, don't take this the wrong way, because I love some of your individual ideas and creations, but I just think they should all be added into the completely customizable pool of chassis and components. I just wanted to voice my opinion that I strongly believe the direction needs to go back toward complete customization of all chassis and components. If there is a new chassis available, it can use all weapons, ordinances, tactical abilities and kits that all other chassis can use. If there are new weapons, ordinances, tactical abilities or kits available, then they should be available on all chassis and in combination with any of the other weapons, ordinances, tactical abilities or kits.

And, PLEEAASSSE!!! This is not meant for you, but I know some will make this argument. Don't tell me it would be impossible to balance. I've played TF1 for 3 years and 6 months now and played TF2 for almost a year and the fully customizable TF1 titans (all 192 combinations of them) were much more balanced than the 7 preset TF2 titans.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

i was drawing some "fan art" and some ideas for titans i have
    but this is truly amazing, you should work at Respawn

i love the look of the cricket and hunter, tf 2/3/4 etc really need that kind of titans

i dont recognize which titans are fast or medium or heavy
    anyway

great work! :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. ApertureGaming011

Then don't be afraid to post them!

• Like Like x 1
  5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yes, I agree. And you are very kind Derrame.

Yes, would like to see them sometime Derrame, but only if you want to share. Please don't feel pressured or obligated.

6. ApertureGaming011

Uh... I have a question: Does Titanfall Community allow fanfiction/crossovers to be posted?

• Like Like x 2
  7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

If you go to "FORUMS" at the top, then "THE BARRACKS", then there is a "General Gaming" forum and "Off-Topic Lobby" forum.

That is one beautiful thing about this site is that you can pretty much talk about whatever you want to talk about. No guarantee anyone will reply or that the topic will stay around very long, but you can at least post pretty much whatever you would like to talk about.

I've posted some things that I was sure many people would be extremely interested in and not a peep. On the other side, I've posted things that I didn't think many would care about that ended up receiving enormous interest. You just never know. A lot of it has to do with timing and who may have logged in and happened to have seen your post before it slipped off the radar.