Start Wars Battlefront

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Bruvas, Nov 15, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I've been playing this on EA Access the last couple of days, and because of that the pre-order is in!

Amazing graphics, amazing audio, clever game modes, nice and simple character customisation, love it.

Oh, and there's this guy too

• Like Like x 2
  2. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

The more I see the better it looks. And that guy Slave 1 ain't too bad either.;)

3. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Boba Fett and his ship sound amazing, and it's fun laying the x-wings and a-wings to waste with it! Makes you quite the target though :D

4. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Is it only on for a limited time on ea access?

5. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

You get 10 hours of the full game unlocked. You don't need to download it now or before launch though.

6. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Oh cool, thanks.

7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I only picked up Battlefront about 3 months ago. I needed something to go to when the poor matchmaking and cheaters on Titanfall got to be too much. It takes awhile to get the hang of it, but once you do, it really is a fun game. I've since gone ahead and bought the Season Pass. There is one thing I love about it that some of you Titanfall Hardpoint fans might really enjoy. I consider myself one of the best Hardpoint players in the world. I believe I can say that, because I've been in a game of (6) Gen 10s against (6) Gen 10s on Demeter, where 4 of the Gen 10s on the other team were a clan. I led my team to victory and was the MVP. I'm not a killer though. My K/D usually sucks, but that is what most people don't get. Hardpoint has absolutely nothing to do with K/D. I've actually seen someone else get MVP of the winning team once and have 0 Kills and 12 Deaths. Hardpoint is all about playing the objective. Taking the hardpoints (Assault) and keeping them (Defense). It is very rare that I don't have the best Assault and Defense from either team. I once had a game where I not only had over 5000 Assault, but also had over 1000 Defense at the same time.

Anyway, back to Battlefront, the point I want to make is that if you love Hardpoint like I do, then I believe you would love Droid Run in Battlefront as well. I suck at every other mode in Battlefront, but I would say I am one of the best in the world at Droid Run. They give out 3 awards at the end of each game and they are not per team, they are who won them from both teams combined. They are "Most Droids Activated", "Highest Score" and "MVP". It is very rare that I don't win all 3. I had a string of 10 games in a row one time where I won all 3 awards. It works a little different than Titanfall Hardpoint and takes some getting used to. There are 3 Droids wandering slowly around the map. You have to go take control of them. You don't get points for controlling 1 Droid though, or even 2. The only way you get any points is if you are holding all 3 at the same time. I actually hated that at first, because I was playing it with a Titanfall mindset of, if I have 2, well then my team should be winning. It was very frustrating, because it was clear my team was dominating having 2 droids for most of the game and then at the very end the other team would get all 3, even if only briefly before the clock ran out and they would win. I've actually grown to love the fact that you have to get all 3, because like I said before, I am an objective player, and I like to work hard when I am playing a game and get rewarded for it. Droid Run is definitely a working man's game.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that because if you love Titanfall Hardpoint like I do, you may want to get Star Wars Battlefront to play Droid Run, because I think you would love it as well.

8. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I need to post an addendum to my comment above, because I was recommending Droid Run in Battlefront. I still absolutely love Droid Run, but I would actually have to discourage people from even buying Battlefront at this point. I will explain why.

Please forgive me, but I just had to vent to someone and this was the only place I could think of. No need for anyone to respond. I just need to get this off my chest. Like I said, I absolutely love Droid Run. However, I might only get to play it once every 2 weeks or so for an hour maybe, because every time I check, no one is playing that mode. That was frustrating enough in and of itself, but at least when I could get in it was usually such intensely competitive games that would wear me out, but they were so much fun. So, just now I thought I was very fortunate to find a game and I was so happy, but that lasted about 2 minutes until I realized what was going on. No one was killing each other. They were just racking up stats and they got mad at me for killing people. They were all saying, "THIS IS A FARMING SERVER", or "NO KILLING ON THIS SERVER". What they were doing was having one person from each team standing next to a Droid and one would take it, then the other would take it back, etc. I was like, "You act like there are 100 games of Droid Run going on and this one is just for farming droid captures, but this is the only game in the world of Droid Run going on and you guys are making it fake." It was infuriating. So I just kept playing and killing all the players from the other team for about 3 games in a row until they all left. :)

Anyway, besides venting, even though I love Droid Run, since I recommended it above, I felt I had to let you know that the current state of Droid Run is definitely not worth buying the game, because you will rarely be able to find a game and when you do it may be a completely fake game.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Star Wars rules, love it. Like being in the movie.

The sound effects are awesome, so too is the carnage - just the way epic star wars battles of thousands of blaster rifle bolts screaming through the air would be.

I am of course, no good at it. Just love the sound effects and being a storm trooper!

• Like Like x 1