Stats going into Gen 2

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Tripple_Terror, Dec 28, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Tripple_Terror

Tripple_Terror Generation 2

#1 Tripple_Terror, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2014
    Hey guys. I'm not one to go to forums often, but I enjoyed Gen 1 so much that I found this site. I'm tracking my progress here so I can see how I've changed throughout the generations.

I would love feedback or tips

I finished Gen one with 12 hours and 2 minutes of play time. I'll be back shortly with images of my stats if my method of displaying them doesn't work.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Pretty good stats for your first gen! Looks like you REALLY love Attrition, haha.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tripple_Terror

#3 Tripple_Terror, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2014
    I feel like a pretty average player when it comes down to it, but I play this like I used to play Battlefield 2 and 3.

I used the Longbow and then the Spitfire, both with the medium range scope.

Cloak, warpfall transmitter, Satchel charges.

I used the Ogre, which I affectionately named Tripple Terror.

Tripple threat; naturally, Cluster Bombs, Titan Smoke, Nuclear Ejection, heavy punch.

I frequently get scores like 12 pilot kills, 5 titan kills and 3 deaths. I assault close range with my sniper rifle but take every opportunity to scan for long range targets. Auto pistol as a secondary.

I play sort of conservatively, enough to survive between titanfalls. In my titan, I play like Halo. I assault without fear, daring them to make me go nuclear but in an advantageous situation I zone them away with the tripple threat and or smoke and regain my shield. The shield core is epic.

• Like Like x 1
  4. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Just a heads up, make sure to use the edit button if someone hasn't posted after you & you want to add something. Just trying to limit double-posting when other users haven't responded yet. :)

Sounds like you have a pretty good strategy for Titanfall though, especially so early on. I haven't played nearly as much as I'd like to as of late, but I'll likely jump back on it soon. May have to try out your setup!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tripple_Terror

Got it! I picked cluster bombs because they help zone other titans, but more importantly, it compliments the tripple threat's lack of range against pilots. I always plan on using it to take a pile of minions out or to cram into a doorway a pilot disappeared into. It also works well to disrupt a pilot on a rooftop you just can't quite reach, just hit right below the roofline and the bombs dramatically cascade all over hell.

Thanks for the input WhoIsDo, I've been thrilled with how accessible and just plain fun Titanfall is. It's sort of like every shooter I've played in the past; yet like none other.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Give the other game modes a blast, they're actually good fun and can break up the same old same old attrition.

Like you, I was an Ogre junky on gen 1 and 2. I then became a Stryder whore, now I'm an Atlas addict.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tripple_Terror

Bruvas, I can tell I'll probably become a Stryder pilot, but the shield core is devastating and hard to imagine being without. The dash core entices me with a superior getaway, and the extra dashes the Stryder has already prove to be tempting. I think I'll go to it when I'm more capable of fitness after a little more experience.

What are some strategies others have piloting titans? I'm pretty much illiterate beyond what I've experienced through my own experience with this game.

8. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

My strategies all go to pot when I'm in a battle! :D

Currently, my titan 'go to' kit comprises of the 40mm and cluster on the Atlas. I also use smoke and core accelerator.

The range and power of the 40mm is a difficult one to get away from if you are a reasonable shot with it. Not so much the missing, but hitting the critical points. Add the damage core of the Atlas and it'll take down 2 or 3 titans with a bit of dodging and clever use of the cluster.

It comes to personal preference I reckon. The game is so well balanced that it's whatever suits your play style.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

One on one you can eat a ogre alive in a stryder. However one on ones in Titanfall are pretty iffy at best.

10. Achmed is here

Achmed is here Generation 4

Sgt_rawk it surely comes down to how the other player plays his ogre, i agree if you know how to play stryder then you can break down almost any titan, it comes down to skill, see some who plays their stryder right and some who doesn't

11. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

It's the map vs player skill Imo. 2 good players should be evenly matched with only the environment getting the way.

In the streets of haven, an ogre with TT will destroy a stryder, but move them to fracture and the stryder will have a ball!

12. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Totally agree with you. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. And as I have said Titan fights 1 v 1 are never advisable. As I am now gen 10 I have gone back to my pub stomping Stryder which is far more about killing pilots and minions and being a support to an atlas or ogre in a fight. I would only pick on a titan 1 v 1 if I was sure they were a pretty awful player. :)

13. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah, in a stryder it's far more about running away than sticking and fighting, flanks in a stryder are so easy due to speed, especially if you are running 40mm, three shots in the back of any Titan with a 40mm before they can fire back means you win 90% of the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Tripple_Terror

I hardly notice a difference in speed between Stryder and Ogre, except for the extra dashes they have. How much different is their run speed?
    I don't feel like I need to be much quicker as an ogre. My first instinct is to charge the enemy, melee off the batt with the cluster missile followed right after. By the time I have tripple threat pounding them, I have a choice to stick it out or exit stage left. tripple threat. I pretty much always look for an immediate payoff, and I regroup as soon as I sense a losing clash.
    I get my fighting style from years of Halo and Super Street Fighter 4. From the sound of things, I need to ditch the conservative style for a try at the 40mm accuracy based combat.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

#15 Sgt_rawk, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
    The stryder is far faster in sprint and using the dash reloader? which renews your dashes quicker it makes you pretty hard to hit, BUT the stryder will only take about 6 hits from a 40mm and its all over, you need to be aware like a monkey on red bull. The number of times I've been jumped and died almost instantly in stryder makes me cry, they are a fragile machine in the end.

btw...I rarely use the 40mm on the stryder, I almost exclusively use the chaingun, for me it's far more satisfying if not the most powerful of weapons, but if you can wield the 40mm on stryder you become a real handful for everyone on the map...AND the only issue with the triple treat is range, the number of times I have just backed in a big way whilst hammering with the chain or 40mm however the triple is devastating if you are backed up, they are super destructive to minions and pilots as well...

16. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I wouldn't ditch your style at all, not if it works for you!

Give a 40mm or chaingun stryder a bash though to see what you think. You'll find the generation challenges will start to force you to change your normal weapon set up anyway!

17. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Sounds like you're talking from battle experience Bruvas. Environment plays a major role.

18. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Heavens to murgatroids Mr. Tripple_Threat... I'm gonna have to give that combo a try.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

That's the impression you get, but when the proverbial hits the fan I turn into a red eyed lunatic, charging into a bunch of 3 ogres screaming "COME GET SOME!!!" :D

• Like Like x 3
  20. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'd expect nothing less fron you bro. Going out with guns blazing!!!:mad:

• Like Like x 1