Tips/tricks you may not know

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Bumwhiskers, Apr 13, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bumwhiskers

Bumwhiskers Generation 2

I'm a bit of a noob, only been playing since Wednesday. I'd like to do a thread where people share info that may not be known to everybody. Sorry to those of you who know this stuff. Here is mine:

Using the HCOG sight on the LMG decreases your ADS time from 0.7 seconds to 0.2 seconds.

Share yours!

• Like Like x 1
  2. ZanderStar1

ZanderStar1 Generation 2

Crouching in your titan before hopping out decreases the time to pull your gun out, Also when your getting rodeo ed try to just crouch and look down at your titans feet, stop moving. The person on your back thinks your getting out when really your just crouched. Also in the Atlas titan with the BIG PUNCH on you can just keep big punching and it is like having a DASH CORE on. just literally punch your way around the map. As a pilot be sure to swap out your secondary weapon with A primary, so you can have two primaries. you can get the carbine off of grunts and spectors. Putting satchel charges on your auto titan to help it out if it gets rodeoed or is up close to something worth blowing up. Get used to pulling your left trigger to wall hang. You can double jump after it, the more you get used to it the greater amount of movement your going to have ( this does make you ADS just so your aware). Those are a couple off my head. keep this thing going!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

I read that crouch and look down thing too. Much more useful then being caught in a constant loop of WTF getting out of your titan and getting back in and getting out and getting back in.
    Oh and I still don't see people doing this a lot.... VORTEX SHIELD AGAINST ARCHER= VORTEX SHIELD THAT SHOOTS ARCHERS.
    1.) Switch your classes often if your original class aint working for you. Don't always try to focus on regen challenges.
    2.) Always rush
    3.) Stryder should never stop moving at all.
    4.) If you just cant kill pilots in attrition, focus on grunts and not dying to help your team.
    5.) Getting into a auto-titan refills EVERYTHING including ordnance
    6.) Specters can be a big threat to your titan. If 6+ with archers are bunched up together, your shields go down fast if they are ignored.
    7.) Never use burst fire on 40mm.

• Like Like x 4
  4. ZanderStar1

ZanderStar1 Generation 2

i have a vortex shield montage in the works sooo much fun

• Like Like x 1
  5. x ERASURE

x ERASURE Generation 2

It only works with the Ogre, but if a pilot is rodeoing me and I haven't got electric smoke on or it is charging, I fire a cluster missle (IMO the best ordnance by some bit) at a wall and crouch down/turn my back, killing the pilot. If you are quick, you can kill the pilot before he starts doing any damage to your electrics, but it will reduce the shield and do a tiny amount of hull damage.

Then again, jumping out of the titan puts you at risk as well as gives the pilot more time to shoot your electrics, so I think the cluster missile is a better alternative.

This will only work with the Ogre though as I previously said, and don't try it with the stryder, you'll do about half damage to your hull!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ardeaf

Ardeaf Generation 2

Wow, good stuff in here. Lots that I didn't know.

7. Tony at Home

Tony at Home Generation 5

Ive used cluster missiles to get pilots of my stryder before. It does alot of damage to my hull, but its worth it to get the pilot off.

I wouldn't say it only works with the Ogre. Even with a sliver of health left, the Stryder can do alot of damage as its speed can keep it out of Titan v Titan engagements.

8. Tony at Home

My tip is to make sure your team's Titan roster is diverse.

If there are 5 other Ogre's on your team, you should pick a different Titan. If there are 5 other Stryder's on your team, you should pick a different Titan.

Assuming all pilots are equally skilled, a team of an Ogre, a Stryder, and an Atlas will absolutely destroy a team of 3 Ogres anytime.

Ogres work poorly with other Ogres because their speed causes them to bunch up in a close, vulnerable formation.

Stryders work poorly with other Stryders, because in order to flank the enemy, they need to have a friendly Titan who can tank through punishment for a long time, while they flank around.

So always have a backup chasis and be sure to use it if your team doesn't have enough Titan diversity.

9. x ERASURE

x ERASURE Generation 2

Fair enough. I don't use the Stryder too often because I like having more shield/health than speed, so I'll agree with you.

10. ZanderStar1

ZanderStar1 Generation 2

You should always be looking to flank. This game is all about movement. Never be the guy caught camping the corner staring at a doorway you just saw someone walk by. Be the guy that jumps up wall runs over to the other door wall hangs above it and snaps a neck. Same thing for your titan battles. Always look to flank. That big red spot on the opposing titans back, is to good to let pass by. So the next time your teammate is in robot dance off. Do him a favor. Don't just run up behind your teammate blocking off his escape route and firing all of your ordnance into his back. Go around and sandwich the enemy mech with big punches.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Tony at Home

Another bit of info- all three Titans have the same strength of shields.

Ogre, Atlas, and Stryder all have the same base shield strength.

12. Tony at Home

Agreed, its bizarre how many people aren't flanking or using the movement. I get alot of free kills from people expecting me to follow them around a corner or through a door, but I'll go over the building a through the window instead:

• Like Like x 1
  13. The Juggernaut

I literally thought of that and I was like 'im so sneaky' then 10 seconds after I thought of the cluster missle thing, it was a tip on the loading screen of a game. So it isn't that new.

14. x ERASURE

x ERASURE Generation 2

Ah really? I thought I was quite smart thinking that up, haha. I've not seen that one yet and I usually read the tips. Gonna keep a lookout for it now!

15. The Juggernaut

Ya. I honestly thought of it 10 seconds before the tip showed. I felt so special but nooooo.

16. Action Midget

Action Midget Generation 2

You get a big movement speed boost from wall running and if you jump just as you land from a zip wire or wall run you carry that momentum, brilliant for capture the flag matches, it also helps with flanking the the other guys said.

17. LedFlinga

LedFlinga Generation 4

Sorry but disagree with number 3. Stryder can make an awesome sniper, find a good piece of cover and sit back with chaingun and hit those red spots, even better if there a few ogres in your team, chill back and shoot over their shoulder. And remember the Stryder is the king of flanking. Dash around to exposed sides and open up

18. GT: MUFFinDIVER1988

GT: MUFFinDIVER1988 Generation 2

Hahaha...THIS. I don't know how I never thought of it. It is hilarious, plus it works 99% of the time. Thank you for the great tip and great laugh.

• Like Like x 3
  19. ZanderStar1

ZanderStar1 Generation 2

I'll be editing a video of it later to post up glad you liked it.

Was playing with someone who just got the game yesterday. He kept commenting about how he could never find people that were on his map. So If you know already just ignore this. But on your mini map you will see a lot of little red dots. These are actually grunts and specters. Not the most significant thing in the game (unless your playing attrition, or have a burn card that staetes otherwise). the bigger circles that pop up are the pilots. these sometimes have an arrow above and below. And yup you guessed it. Up means the enemies above down just the opposite he's below you. Now my buddy was having trouble whilst in a Titan. See, when your in a titan your pilots in the cockpit, think about this as being 8ft in the ground. That's at the second story of most of the buildings. this means that while in a titan your mini map may say that the person is on the same floor/ground/plane..... w/e as you. but they might just be in the second story of a building or up at around head level of the titan.

• Like Like x 1
  20. The Juggernaut

LOLOLOLOL dashing up close aka rushing with the plasma railgun= you die. If you plan on staying still, at least use Orge or Atlas. Plus, the underlined quote IS RUSHING. So that proves, NEVER STOP RUSHING