Featured Titanfall 2 Tech Test Weekend #2 Patch Notes (XB1 & PS4)

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by WhoIsDo, Aug 25, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

We all played a ton of the first weekend of the Titanfall Beta/Tech-Test last weekend, but there was a ton of feedback provided by the community. With the Tech Test returning this weekend, Respawn has posted a ton of changes that they've made for us.

Here's a rundown of everything changing in Titanfall 2 so far:

TIME TO KILL
    • Amped Weapons Boost now unlocks at 80% of the earn meter instead of 50%.
    • Charge Rifles now have damage falloff at cross map distances.
    • Slightly increased cloak visibility for other Pilots.
    MOBILITY
    • Increased max wall-running speed.
    • Increased base wall-running speed and air speed.
    • Increased acceleration while jumping off walls.
    • Titans dashes recharge 2 seconds faster
    TITAN TIMER
    • Pilots now earn a small amount of Titan meter every 5 seconds.
    BOUNTY HUNT
    • Score Limit lowered to 5000 from 6000 to increase the amount of games won by score instead of time.
    • Banking phases now last 45 seconds instead of a minute.
    TECHNICAL FIXES
    • Fixed some issues with the outer deadzone on PlayStation controllers.
    Keep in mind that the Invite Friends option is still broken in this build of the game. You can still invite people from your Networks, so that'll be the workaround I guess for this build.

AMPED HAPPY HOUR EVENT
    Lastly we will be offering players the chance to receive this callsign for launch when you play the Amped Happy Hour event this Saturday. All you need to do is play between the hours of 9-10am PT/5-6pm GMT or 4-5pm PT Saturday/12-1am GMT Sunday and you’ll get this exclusive callsign when Titanfall 2 releases on October 28.

• Like Like x 4
  2. runescythe9852

runescythe9852 Generation 3

So they are fixing quite a bit. Seems they are willing to listen and communicating with us. That is a start.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Beautiful <3

4. SC Silver

SC Silver Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

You have to commend their desire to please the community.

5. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

well here' to the weekend hope all goes well, the titan timer will make a deference to the requisition of a titan wile playing the objective . and am curious to see how the damage drop off works as it will encourage players to move in to damage a titan rather than sit on the roof and fire from a distance.

6. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Someone PM me when they remove that stupid red glow...

Bring back the IMC and MCOR

7. Trini Chinese

8. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Ya'll ain't ready for me when I have my mic on..
    Goes more or less like this all night long.
    :) I spread that random yoda wisdom :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Trini Chinese

10. kingguap210

kingguap210 Generation 1

i have a suggestion about being in groups! when playing online with it would be helpful to know where they were at. so if maybe on the mini map where our teammates are blue triangles we would have other colored triangles representing the members in our party so we can fight find,and play side by side.

11. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

So a rainbow on the minimap?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Trini Chinese

lol , i finally unlock the last pilot and guess what instead of being hard to see yo are now a bright light bulb lol what the heck is going on with the tech test. from the videos i have seen and what is in titanfall 1 why would they do this . it does not make any sense .
    and i will tell you as for the game winning is not everything it's the gun battle and experience that make the game , playing so far today out of 10 games straight in random matches every time the game ends i have been in double digits and on top of the leader board and this gets boring fast as for me i really enjoy the battle experience rather that to win to be honest i have had my fair share of epic wins and it does noting for me it's the gun fight i like and the AI , all those so called git gud gamers give me a brake .
    been there done that .

• Like Like x 2
  13. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

The game sucks bro....it's beyond repair...

• Like Like x 1
  14. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

Agreed.

It's a start.

But I absolutely despise the enemy glowing red........this needs to go..

• Like Like x 1
  15. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

I honestly don't know why they mad so many damn changes to the game. It doesn't make sense.

It is a completely different game.....

Titans are useless...absolutely useless......

• Like Like x 1
  16. runescythe9852

I'm not that big of a fan of it either at times. With any luck, they may have an MVP gametype where the designated player glows like this.

17. runescythe9852

As far as the tech test goes, I still have a few negative views compared to what I was expecting from the notes. I have a few positives too, but I just needed to get this off my chest.

They could have showcased another gametype and one of the other titans, probably the Ronin since it was already revealed in every one of the trailers from the start.

When they said they were showcasing new weapons, I thought they were actually adding in new guns, or even the missing ones that were in the tech test trailer (The one we see every time we boot up the demo) Like the Rocket Launcher that we never even see. Instead, all we really got was just a level cap increase for the weapons that were already there.

I can see where kernel stands with this. I tried running more without the grappling hook and now I gain a bit more perspective on the movement speed. The base movement speed really needs an increase so the game can be a bit more faster paced.

I'm not sure why it is this way, but the vortex shield does not seem to work as intended, since every time I guard against weapons that clearly get absorbed by it, the projectiles simply disappear.

• Like Like x 2
  18. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

You are right........

I need to add that about the vortex shield.

I noticed this also...

19. Trini Chinese

been playing most of the day , been doing pretty good last game i was frustrating the other team , they keep coming after me lol had 24 kill that one. i have been focus on how long i could keep my titan up , I mean in the game lol and been using the battery as the battery once you have health and not in overload state a certain amount of battery can replenish full health with shields that and have been playing around with the right bumper for laser shot it's a great 1 hit kill defensive and offensive weapon one you practice your shots , it;s not bad been picking pilots off all day lol.
    the main problem i keep having is with the run it keep wobbling when i press down on the left stick it is frustrating as this hinders my escape at times and contribute to me getting killed. the ADS on the CAR really needs some work as the gun in ADS it jumps off target i would have preferred it shoot like the R201 or at lease close to it when ADS .

The cloak needs some tweaking but it works for how it is as it seem to confuse the pilots long enough to get the kill.
    running is still something to be liked as it really could do with a bit of tweaking as at times i wish i could have dash forwarded a bit when clicked to run .

The grenade launcher looks cool but hard to hit targets with it as the energy blast seem slow . the design of the weapon would have been cool for an assault rifle , rather than a grenade launcher that shoots a ball or blast laser .

titan running could do with a bit of tweaking also just a tad too slow but could over looked not that bad once getting used to,

i thing that the pc will have a better time with the control movement as for speed and so on controllers that left stick run is a bit frustrating but manageable . that and the ION shot i think PC players will have this down with no problems.

i have been in games that could be frustrating if started between of a match but once you have a go and groove you should not have any problems, it would have been a much better with more AI and at lease 6 v 6 .

The maps are most defiantly too empty and pilot vs pilot on the same size map make no sense .
    jumping out of a titan seem to need a bit of tweaking it too slow at times and the funny thing is i jump out get a battery and my Titan runs away and am like hey ! hold up ! Stop ! like a car driving off on it's own it stays most of the time lol.

had problems when too close to a friendly titan i i jump out to pick up a battery i jump on the friendly titan . too sensitive .
    the Titan dash feels good no problems there i use it to my advantage.

i also have killed the plane that lands with my Titan fist slamming it into the hull several times a gratifying feeling to vent the frustration of part 2 of course lol .

all in all i thing with a bit of tweaking and AI in the map what is there so far is not that bad one you learn what the features do granted the features still a work but i feel that the end game should be iron out then. if the game maps remain empty like this i will be disappointed.
    I am curious to see what these new Titans can do i so want to play with a Gatling gun Titan with rockets , that and the different pilot weapons hope there is many guns to play with and hope the 40mm and the chain gun makes it in the game to use and able to change Titan load outs .

• Like Like x 1
  20. Deeper Diver

Deeper Diver Generation 3

here are my thoughts after a few hours of play
    It is my greatest hope that the developers read these comments because the original tatanfall was one of my favorite games.
    1 this new game is not as fun as the original, but I'm hoping it's fixable
    2. Pleas bring back attrition. I find it hard to believe it won't be in the new game. It's very satisfying to kill a lot of grunts the be engaged by the occasional pilot. Please add more grunts that reward you with time off your Titan build. 80% grunt kills mixed in with 20% pilot kills is a good mix.
    3. The Titans need better main guns. With scorch, I pull up to a mob of grunts and can only kill 1 then wait to reload. Then can't reach pilots far away.
    4. I don't feel like I have a big advantage being in a Titan. Why is that? Sometimes Titans are destroyed immediately. Really?

I will definitely buy the game in 2 months based upon the the fun had with the original game (i still play the original game) but hope my comments cause some changes that
    1 make the game more fun
    2 have better, more accurate primary Titan weapons
    3 give me a bunch of grunts to shoot at. It makes the game fun
    4 bring back attrition with an 80/20 ration of pilots and grunts
    5 keep the red ring on enemy pilots

• Like Like x 1