What is your opinion on Frontier Shield Defense?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Derrame, Jul 25, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

#1 Derrame, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    Hello there Pilots,

[​IMG]

So, what is your opinion on Frontier Shielde/Defense!?

I completed two , in easy difficulty succesful until the end
    Homestead and War games

it's awesome! very fun, intense, i love it!
    a great mode!

lots of enemies to shoot
    requires concentration, and teamwork in highest difficulties

the pulse blade pilot is not very useful, the cloak pilot is more useful, to escape and not get killed
    have to try the other ones

you select the pilot and can edit the loadout during the game, but the titan is locked for the entire match, but can edit it

it was really fun and intense right from the beginning,

soldiers and reapers on first wave, lot of smoke to hide the enemies,
    drones cloaking enemies too, always remember to destroy the drones!

then after each wave, you can buy boosts in the armory, i expected to see more items, but it's ok maybe there are more in harder difficulties or added in next dlc's
    the items you can buy/unlock with points made in the wave are
    amped weapons, pilot sentry, electric trap, battery, shield boost for the harverster, ideal for hard fghts when you know you can't protect it, just boost the shield and it will be invulnerable for 5 seconds
    and some other item i don't remember now

the harverster takes damage the whole time, maybe just the shields, but even in easy difficulty was very intense

then, the mortar spectres and titans, nuclear titans are fast

you can take the battery of enemy titan and put it in friendly titan,

some thing i dont understand: the pilot sentry can get damaged and then you can repair it, but then it stays offline , the talking guis Droz and Davis say the sentry is offline and it stays offline, strange

you can see what the other players bought/unlocked in the armory, and press a key when you are ready to start the next wave, that is great for you can prepare better

the mode is selectable in the multiplayer menu, not entering mp, right next to it

there are some trenches in Kodai and the music is awesome
    there is a little tower in Kodai in front of the trenches, perfect for a sentry

any player can repair any sentry, which is great, you can use the titan and other player repairs your sentry

Droz and Davis are very funny

share your opinions!

oh and there is 24/7 Rise mode, different modes in the new map

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

#2 Derrame, Jul 25, 2017
    electric traps are excellent for explosive spectres, it slows them down greatly ;)

once you completed enough aegis ranks you can unlock upgrades for each titan, the normal abilities or new ones, great addition

smart pistol is not available, too bad
    now Scorch can fire two shots

and it's great thet there are different difficulties of FD!

i'm now in Rise, this remastered version is spectacular , a legendary map

3. kemical

kemical Generation 2

I did the same and played a couple of maps on easy. I'm quite new to Titanfall 2 so not sure which map is which yet but anyway fantastic addition to the game. I'll be playing lot's more for sure and I'm definitely gonna purchase one or two of the limited edition skins.. Very nice indeed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I absolutely love it.
    Just beat 3 on Easy so wanted to see what Normal was like and completed Rise on the first try.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

the first aegis rank for Monarch gives shield when using electric smoke! awesome

• Like Like x 1
  6. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

hi guys.
    i like it a lot. wish this was out at launch .
    the AI is fast and aggressive. would like to play more ai modes. great addition .
    so far so good.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#7 ensc, Jul 25, 2017
    I really like that. Even though it makes it difficult, it seems to make it feel more like a real battlefield.

I only played one, Kodai, but it seemed fairly easy. I was 2nd on my team. Maybe it was just because we had a really awesome player that it seemed easy, because I thought I did pretty well, but the MVP had double my score.

One thing, I really wish they would show the kills everyone got with columns for each (Titans, Reapers, Minions, etc.). It's a little unsatisfying to me to not be able to see that, because it's a better way to gauge how you did in my opinion. Like if the MVP had killed 20 titans and I killed 10 and the other 2 players each killed 5, then I would know I did pretty well, but have a long way to go to be as good as the MVP was.

Hey, Trini my boy! Good to see you. Glad you like it. Yeah, I know you love your AI. :) Hey have you seen any of the posts by the new guy named RedShield75? His posts really remind me of you. Very good ideas and good imagination. I think you will really like him.

• Like Like x 3
  8. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Had a blast playing FTD today. I think (so far) that Respawn has done good.:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

Did you guys see your pilot k/d? After 20 games of zeros across the board I dropped a point. Yesh

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trini Chinese

what's up bro.
    no i have not , send me a link so i can read some.

like you said the smoke do give a war like feel . and is it me or the AI like really move aggressive and like a crew. if they were like this in attrition and if amped hardpoint and even bounty hunt was like this dame it would be great.

also in this mode . it proves to me that my concept on a progressive story multiplayer online faction based concept can work.
    and also the reason a player gets the feel of a warzone is because of the ambiance. like when you start the mode the pep talk you get in the drop ship. helps enhance a player perception of what is going on.
    different and short clips like those can and will set a mindset when you play.
    ambiance is what enhance a game and the experience along with other elements.

and in a way is what i miss from part one . part 2 game modes have way lest depth in the ambiance department. some may like it some may not.
    but in most cases what are we really playing a shooter for . i play for the gun battles the pretend the modern concept of cowboy and Indians.. not to feel like i am playing a sport.

• Like Like x 2
  11. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Currently traveling so I can't check it out, but I can't wait to get my hands on it!

• Like Like x 2
  12. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, I think you are right and I like that too.

OK, here are some RedShield75 ideas I think you might like:

Pilot Tactical Kits:
    http://www.titanfall-community.com/threads/pilot-tactical-kits.8851/

And here is his post about the Juggernaut:
    http://www.titanfall-community.com/threads/juggernaught.8857/#post-56617

I think he might be your twin Trini. When I was reading some of it, I was almost like, "Wait...did Trini change his name to RedShield75?" :)

13. Trini Chinese

the mode gets repetitive very fast.
    same as part 1 .
    would like to have the online campaign experience with a progressive story .
    the waves end at 5 each time the only difference i can see is harder hitting AI.
    a continuous wave or even different objective would keep players playing . having a great score is all go fastest time but that is just bland for me imo .
    the ai drops in predictive locations no change really .
    playing a multiplayer hard point with bounty hunt mixed in with massive AI drops continuous waves all over the map with pvp and a ticket system or base to protect eg like the harvester in the frontier defense all mixed in would have been a better experience.

both teams would capture hard points to unlock features for there base as swarms of AI enemy's will keep attacking. all the while bounty hunt style would give players a point system to gain currency to keep unlocking features / weapons etc etc..
    friendly ai could be in the mix huge maps with 8v8. capping hard points could give players an edge for the team by unlocking sentry guns positions similar to hacking the sentry guns in part 1.

the game would be on a timer or the first base to get destroyed. . there is so much potential .
    even a short story could be in the mix with progressive map locations. similar to the rush system in battlefield.
    and al in al we will have an 8 player coop experience rather than just 4 and fighting live players also.

this is the dream version of attrition lol .

• Like Like x 2
  14. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

yes, the sapwn points are predictive, but the difficulties reall change the enemies
    fo example in ahrd , mortar specters use shield, in normal, the sniper is not tone, it's northstar, deals more damage,
    but yeah, would be a lot better to have sme more objectives or have the harvester in different locations random

or more waves with more variety

and more maps

15. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Some really good ideas Trini! I really like the idea of blending some modes together to make a better mousetrap. :)

Yes, those things would help too Derrame.

16. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

Aegis rank 11 grants Monarch an upgraded electric smoke , it recharges the shields for friendly titans, excellent for high difficulties

17. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

All I gotta say; NorthStar is godlike and really fun to play. This is how NS should play in MP. The upgrades should be a need for NS. Obviously I don't think to the extreme but the ideas should be implemented to a lesser degree

18. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

if you find it boring or repetitive play in the highest difficulties like hard or master,
    it's incredible
    all enemies and titans are really fast, the ronins run fast and reach the harvester right away
    scorch, legions, etc very fast
    tone shoots the sonar to you,
    northstar flying and shooting, and deploying traps

you are instantly overwhelmed and swarmed by enemies
    but you will find players who have experience and give instructions,
    and if you truly cooperate you survive and complete the waves,
    for example, one legion says "shield me up, i'll tank it", we, as monarch give shields with the electric laser or the electric smoke and it's very effective, we stay alive
    and enemies dodge, run, use their shields, abilities, scorches throw you the gas canisters soldies have parcicle shields
    it's spectacular
    fo each wave you need a new strategy,
    it's about to surivive that wave, then we see what happens

seriously, try hard and master difficulties, it's awesome ;) very fun

too bad i find no players for this wekend's featured mode FD insane difficulty

• Like Like x 2
  19. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

You wanted FD for so long and waited so long for it Derrame. I am so happy to hear that you are truly enjoying it, so at least it sounds like it was more than worth the wait.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

some advices from Respawn