What's your opinion on the Live Fire game mode?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by WhoIsDo, Feb 23, 2017.

?
  1. Love it

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. Needs some work

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. Hate it

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. OGkraken

OGkraken Generation 3

Upcoming tfl2 content

Gamemode: Hunted
    • “Secure the Asset. Escape the Hunter.”
    • 4 on 4, 1 flag CTF?
    • 1 team defending, another attacking
    • Various objectives serving as “the asset”, with black box to be extracted
    • Prowlers and Shield Captain enemies returning from SP to help defense
    • Includes weapon lockers for resupply
    Gamemode: RAID
    • “Plant a bomb at the enemy hardpoint. Protect yours from the same.”
    • Titanfall: Global Offensive
    Gamemode: Double or Nothing
    • “Kill both members of the enemy team.”
    • 2 on 2 elimination
    • Includes a unique bleedout mechanic to allow teammates to revive one another.
    Gamemode: Co-op Bounty Hunt
    • “Kill all enemy waves.”
    • Frontier Defense without a defense objective?
    • Seems like it’ll be about as harsh with enemy waves, includes resupply lockers and deployable unlocks; maybe the Engineer class equipment will finally get used?
    • Confusingly, there is data such as “money earned for a player Pilot/Titan Kill”
    Gamemode: Marked for Death
    • “Kill the marked Pilot.”
    • Titanfall 1 returnee
    • Has been sitting alongside the older mode notes for a while as a leftover from R1, but some new mode objective and score event text was added with this patch, so I think we can safely surmise that it is planned to be rereleased in R2
    Weapon: R-101x Carbine
    • “Factory issue scoped predecessor of the R-201 rifle.”
    • Exact same performance as R-201 but with the Titanfall 1 model (probably)
    • Comes with an AOG in place of iron sights
    • Entertainingly, is missing the dismemberment tag that the R-201 just had added, hopefully that’s fixed before the weapon is pushed to release
    Map: Relic
    • “Parts salvaged from this old IMC shipwreck are sent into the valley below for further processing.”
    • Titanfall 1 returnee
    Map: Colony
    • “IMC and Militia forces clash in the close-quarters of an uncharted rural colony.”
    • Titanfall 1 returnee
    Map: Township
    Map: Traffic
    Map: UMA
    Map: Deck
    Map: MOUT
    Execution: Curb Check
    • “Curb check with style using your grapple.”
    • Grapple rope execution, confirming the tactical-inspired execution agenda
    • Seems to involve head stabbing??
    Feature: Communication
    • Some recent commented out code suggests that there is a communication wheel and unlockable emotes coming soon, or at least in development
    Tactical: Super Phase Shift
    • I have no idea. Probably a dev tool, but seems to just be Phase Shift with a duration of 999999
    Prime Titan: Northstar
    • Execution will involve probably Flight Core, using dummy versions of the Tone’s tracker rockets
    Prime Titan: Legion

• Like Like x 1
  2. OGkraken

OGkraken Generation 3

This isn't 100% final but based on how/when things were released and when the devs say the have been working on them I'd have to say most of this will probably be in the game before the end of march.

3. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Exactly! And a Titan vs. Titan mode to bring titans back as the centerpiece to a game called Titanfall.

4. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

First, WOW!!! Where do I get some of whatever you are smoking? :) Even if they were actually going to do all of these things, have you not been paying attention to the work ethic of this particular dev team and the snail's pace at which things come out? We are now 4 months after release and they have officially released only 1 new map, which was one stolen from TF1.

Second, as far as I know, the only thing that has been officially confirmed on that entire list is Colony. I mean, other than executions, tactical abilities or prime titans, but those are all just fluff things that are going to come at some point anyways.

Third, as I said before, until Respawn officially confirms, we can't assume any of this is coming.
    http://www.titanfall-community.com/threads/aaaand-live-fire-sucks.8296/page-2#post-54146

• Like Like x 2
  5. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

#45 KernelClamjuice, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    Other than wishing the game had challenges like the first...I could care less about all the other stuff they are adding.

When I first learned that they had customizable Titans and pilot Camos I thought we would be able to create our own from scratch. I'm not to impressed with what they delivered.....in the 6 different types of blue...or 6 different types of red...etc.

What would impress me is getting off of those little tushies and giving me some maps.

What would make me go cookoo for cocopuffs would be the ability to choose what maps I want to rotate into similar to the way we are allowed to choose what game modes we rotate in and out of.

• Like Like x 4
  6. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I cannot wait for more Titan development.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yes, it would be impressive to see that those tushies are still able to move. :)

Yeah, this is an awesome idea. I would have loved to see this in TF1. One thing that drives me crazy when I play TF1 is when I am playing a mode other than the Multiplayer Campaign, such as Attrition (or even Hardpoint Domination on the weekends), I would love to be able to exclude all of the maps that are in the Multiplayer Campaign when I am playing those other modes, because the main reason I am playing those other modes is to see some of the other maps I haven't played for awhile. Every time I see a map from the Multiplayer Campaign come up it's like, "Ugghh!!! This shouldn't even be here."

Me too! Especially if that means bringing back regenerating shields, bringing back the old rodeo system, bringing back fully customizable loadouts, or better yet bringing back the 3 classic titans from TF1 unchanged. You can leave these preset cartoon titans for all the COD fan boys who think this was a good move and they can keep rolling in Ronin while I knock them on their butt with my classic Stryder.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Bravo!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

How maps are not at the top of the list is crazy? I would think most everyone would want maps and more maps. Oh did I mention we'd like more maps. :)

• Like Like x 2