Xbox One Elite Console and Controller

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by WhozUrDaddy09, Nov 30, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Fair point! I didn't consider vortex aiming, I use particle wall or smoke.. Whatever works for you A to the T!

2. WhozUrDaddy09

WhozUrDaddy09 Generation 3

OK, so here's the bad news.

While I still love the Xbox One Elite console, I can no longer recommend the Elite Controller. The first one lasted about a month before the left bumper began to separate from the unit. Amazon was quick to replace the entire bundle, but the same problem occurred after less than one month with the replacement bundle. It appears that Microsoft has been less than truthful about the product, stating that the controller has "metal" controls. The bumpers are clearly made of cheap plastic, formed and colored to look like metal, when they are really plastic.

The bumpers are held to the unit with two rather thin posts, and that is what keeps breaking.
    Here is an Amazon review that clearly explains the problem.
    http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Elit...e=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&showViewpoints=0

Scroll down to the third "one star" review. The pictures provided tell the story,

So, back to the regular Xbox One controller for me. If Microsoft ever fixes the problem I will reconsider, but I am not holding my breath.

3. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Wounder! That sucks the big one seeing how much hype they put on the construction.. Shame they won't just swap the controller without the hassle of sending the whole thing back!

I think I probably would still go for just a controller though, if it did break early in would be a refund then a scuf!!! Might be long term good news for scuf and similar custom controller firms!

4. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I would by really pissed about that.:mad: Shame on you Microsoft.o_O

5. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

The left bumper Achilles heel is a pain. I must say that the bumper put back with crazy glue is still holding. It is not perfect and I wanted to do it over. So, I tried to press the heck out of it so it will come loose again and it just will not budge after a month of brutal pressing. Why could not Microsoft have done that in the first place!!!!

6. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Just got the elite controller finally!! I must say I do like it, the shoulders are plastic but a nicer click than my other controllers, and those trigger stops tho.....I love em!

The long right stick, short left are just right, the sticks seem to translate real smooth when aiming.

Definitely a learning curve with the paddles though, trying to find a good layout that works, panicking and pressing all the wrong things in the heat of battle... But I think it's gonna work out with them. Just hope it stays in one piece!

7. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

I found that I can only use paddles on the right side. I must hold my controller weird with my left hand because they tend to pop out and are not responsive if they are not fully connected. I will experiment more with them, I don't think it's the controller. I do love changing up the sticks for different game types, and I can never play Titanfall without the Elite controller ever again. Having a paddle mapped to A is a game changer for Titanfall. I use the Hemlok, so I also find the hair trigger locks useful.

I have noticed a few strange things recently though, which concerns me. A few times pushing down on the D pad has not activated my Titan core, and I swear the controller is experiencing something similar to the drift that plagues the standard X1 controller. I also didn't like the added weight of the Elite but have since got used to it.

8. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Ive heard the Titan core is a software issue?!? But havent experienced that myself yet..

I don't think I'd ever go back to a regular controller either, it just feels tight. The stick heights are perfect for tf (long right one) and being able to mess with the stick motion is ace.

I suck while playing with it at the moment, thinking far too much about using the paddles, and toying with a giod setup. Having jump on a paddle is superb, and I may yet be able to learn to bunnyhop!!

What would be ideal, is if I could use it holding top fingers on bumpers, middle fingers on triggers, lower fingers on each paddle, but it's too uncomfortable for that, so I'm using top fingers on triggers, next two fingers on the next two paddles. Trouble with that is it kinda takes away the advantage of not having to move fingers off the paddles or sticks for bumper or a face button!

Do you use middle fingers for triggers?

The experiment continues!

9. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

I use middle fingers for paddles, I find it to be the most intuitive for the way I hold my controller.

It may well be a software issue with the core, but it's only started happening recently, I adjusted the circle pad and it has seemed to be better, perhaps it came slightly unseated somehow. There was also an update for the Elite, perhaps that fixed it as well.

It is definitely a great piece of equipment but pricey. I do miss my Titanfall controller though, I prefer the militia colors to the all black and silver Elite.

One thing I don't like but for a purely aesthetic reason is the buttons being black and grey instead of the red, yellow blue and green lettering. A little color wouldn't have killed it.

10. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Living here in the city we use our middle fingers for saluting the constant ebb and flow of a**holes that tend to piss you off on a daily basis because of one thing or another. Really would like one of those Elites. My controller tends to looks up whenever it wants.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

Hahaha! Yes, I use my middle finger for that as well. Perhaps that's why using the paddles with my middle finger is so intuitive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Ooh yes that Titanfall controller looked real smart, a modded one would have been nice.

As for the colours on the elite, my brains too fried from pressing the wrong buttons to notice:D, but backlit buttons would've been an awesome touch too.

13. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Amen with the middle digit!:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Put in my order last night. The elite should be here in 5 days. :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. WhozUrDaddy09

[Sigh]
    Just picked up my 14th Elite Controller yesterday. #13 lasted an entire week! LOL
    Soooooo glad I purchased the two-year replacement plan from Best Buy.

16. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

The 14th one is the lucky one.

17. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

When I saw the alert pop up from this section of the forum i was "no....it cant be...." No.14!! Man I feel for you, and also would not like to arm wrestle you:).

Is it from playing tf mostly? (Tell me to mind my own but changing the paddles so I dont use bumpers any more really helped me)

18. WhozUrDaddy09

Yes, it is all from playing TF. The damn bumpers connect with a very thin piece of plastic that keeps breaking.
    BTW, I am now on #15! o_O

• Like Like x 1
  19. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

:eek: 15! Maybe there is an Achievement in there somewhere.;)

20. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I was under the impression they had sorted those issues out? Clearly not.