Are we being too hard on the game? Just my two cents

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by OGkraken, Jan 31, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Very well said. I agree with you. Basically, to me, it is like the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." There was absolutely nothing wrong with TF1. It was a perfect, beautiful work of art. You could have slapped the Single Player Campaign on that, and spent most of your resources designing new, large, beautiful maps and more fully customizable titans.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

yep, that was pretty much all they needed to do, just add to the experience , enhance the experience that was already great .
    i 100% agree and then some. heck all the members here in the community have even come up with ideas that they could have added and the game would have been better .
    am already bored with the titans in part 2 compered to part 1 , am bored with the limited titan weapons , what weapons lol

• Like Like x 2
  3. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, besides the lack of maps and maps being smaller and choke pointed, the titan changes are the most depressing. The reduction in speed, the removal of regenerating shields and the removal of customizable loadouts were all HORRIBLE and unnecessary design decisions.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Phillip-03b

Phillip-03b Generation 1

Also alot of people did not like the lack of campaign. Today most players will not give you a second chance. I find the TF2 campaign good, but the multiplayer the worst since Destiny.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Huh? Limited Titan weapons? There are 6 Titan weapons in this game, there were 6 in the first game.

6. Trini Chinese

exactly lol
    ask your self how many weapons you can play with as an ION , Scorch , Ronin etc etc. . there is only 6 like you said but to play with a weapon you are limited to the amount of titans in the game .

• Like Like x 2
  7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Exactly, and that is the problem. That whole argument that TF1 lacked content mentioning a lack of Single Player Campaign was so rediculous. When that is something you might play on 2 Saturdays EVER, but then you play 1000s of hours in the multiplayer in the next couple years, then saying lack of Single Player Campaign is a reason to not buy a game is rediculous. Vince Zampella even made the argument in the one video when TF1 came out as to what a waste of resources it would have been to create a Single Player Campaign, because as he said you might play it for 5 hours if ever, but then spend hundreds of hours in the multiplayer. That is why TF1 was far Superior to TF2. All energy was focussed on the multiplayer and they even sprinkled in some Single Player type features throughout the multiplayer to make it feel more alive. All that stuff that Trini likes. So TF2 comes out and now we have an amazing Single Player Campaign to last you 10 hours, but the place you could spend hundreds or thousands of hours is unfinished and incomplete and empty.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, claiming there are 6 titan weapons is rediculous, because if to use one of them you have to accept the chassis and everything else that goes with it, it's not really a choice then, is it? I mean, I like Ronin's speed (even though it's nowhere near the Stryder), but I don't like anything else about Ronin. I like Tone's weapon and Salvo Core (but I'd rather have a Dash Core), but I don't really like anything else about Tone. Legion and Scorch are too damn slow, so I don't care what they have. Northstar has the Plasma Railgun, so who the hell cares what abilities it has. And I personally just think Ion doesn't belong. That whole laser core thing is rediculous. Scorch with it's fire highway doesn't belong either, but it's so damn slow, I'm willing to throw it a bone, but to me the things like the laser core and flame core make the game so damn cartoony.

Anyway, my point is, you can't claim you have a choice of 6 titan weapons, because for me there is only one choice and Tone has it, but then I have to accept everything else it has or doesn't have. So lame!

9. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I love how you have to master each different Titan. Every Titan gives you a different play style that you have to use. For example, it's like using the Shotgun after you've used Assault Rifles for a while. You can't play the same way.

10. Trini Chinese

lol exactly ik exactly , give me the choice to change my primary weapon , keep the core ability locked in like the pilots , each pilot has a locked in ability but have a choice to choose a weapon and then i can master each one. while mastering there ability's .

if i am playing as ronin and i want to have a 40mm then you have even more options to master , you like to master a titan now you have a choice to master multiple styles , with the choice of weapons you now have more options to play and use that said titans in more different ways. than just a shotgun. exactly like you pointed out with option of different weapon you like you said can;t play the same way but also gives you the choice to play you way .
    and again , you said it. currently you are limited to only 6 play style stuck with those kits only , and i agree it has different play styles but only six if they had options to change load outs it will give players even more play style's

so again am already bored with the titans and LIMITED weapons . What weapons lol. respawn by locking in weapons with titans clogs there drains and make the DLC for new content even slower , for players to experience different weapon , we will have to hope that respawn / the game adds new Titans . hence still very limited .

• Like Like x 1
  11. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Tf1 titan play boiled down to these weapons in order: arc cannon, 40mm, chaingun (at a push). The rest were only for fun, and useless for seriousness... Likewise with weapons carbine, car, r97,eva. Beautiful gameplay but competitively limited.

In tf2 as has been said, you have to really treat each titan style differently, and theres are potentially more weapons to evolve into that meta that will eventually happen.

Potentially then, there is more to learn, experience and master.. thats one way you could look at it.

12. Trini Chinese

whats up Guyver.
    Hence the reason players wanted more content , more weapons more titan class and so on. so point exactly even worse with part 2 and still very limited as players will play with TONE . RONIN and ION , same agreed goes with the pilot weapons . frustrating gameplay and still competitively limited .

while tf2 has different titan style to learn and play , what happens when you master all 6 as now you are now limited to play that titan as a defensive roll or a attacking roll , i still think if the core abilities were to stay the same as they are with weapon loadouts it will play alot better and players will have not just more options but even more ways to play with there titans even more ways to master there titans . with a simple move or change of a weapon i can defend the area with scorch , and when i need to be an offensive or suppression titan depending on one's kit you can switch it style and take the fight to a Ronin from a distance or even close range depending on the kit or main weapon .

this is also a different way to look at how one plays the game.

13. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I do see what youre saying there dude. Once youve mastered them then that awarwness of what other titans are on your team at the time, and other team play aspects (friends or not) will come into play so much more, and you'll be such a valuable player on the field.

I think changing up weapon loadouts would mess up balancing with the chassis as they are.

There was only really atlas and styder at a good level (sorry kernel, I know you love your ogre:D) , and the top weapons suited either in tf1.

14. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

People say Tone is overpowered and overplayed. Why is that? It was the same way in Titanfall 1. Like Guyver said, in most matches people were either using the Arc Cannon on the 40mm Cannon and sometimes a chain gun mixed in there. Even if you give people customizable Titan loadouts, most people are going to end up picking the same exact thing. I like how this game makes you really think about which Titan you want to use and how it won't be good for every situation.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

But the point is allow the people to choose. Don't lock them into preset loadouts with no choices. If a lot of them end up choosing similar things, then so be it, but at least the choices are there. Maybe some people liked using the Arc Cannon and liked to sit back and use the Particle Wall and liked to use Slaved Warheads. Maybe some liked to be kind of a mid-range fighter and liked to use the Vortex Shield and Rocket Salvo. Maybe some liked to be a close range fighter, or stick and move fighter, and sneak up on someone and pop Electric Smoke and shoot Cluster Missiles at their feet. Even if you are right that the majority may have used Stryders and Atlasses with Arc Cannons or 40MM Cannons, still by being able to completely customize every facet of your loadout, it allowed for many different styles. And maybe there was only 1 guy in the world that wanted to use an Ogre with a Plasma Railgun, but the point is that AT LEAST HE HAD THE CHOICE. And, if that was his choice, at least he had the ability to completely customize the rest of his loadout to try to support using that chassis and primary weapon for whatever play style he intended to try to use.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Trini Chinese

as for balance , how the current game is , you may be right, but then again the other player will have the option to change weapons also, to counter regardless , at lease all one has to do is change there weapon rather than play a different titan , not how the game is it is almost the same as you are explaining but IMO with different weapons it will give the game and players more options .

As for the team aspects , while i do support team work in a FPS , the only Dev that has a good team formula in FPS is dice . now not saying that team play does not exists in TF2 , but you have to take into account that being that they have restrictions on the timer and the way one will earn there titan , team or not what are you or a player going to do when there team does not have any titans to back you up . i agree that different titans on the battlefield working together will make a big difference but not all times your teammates play the game as good as you may have mastered. sometimes even as good as one may be there are also little factors to take into account and this also if the loadouts were changeable. once the dev move or add something into the mix it will make the game play different . so i do agree that yes if and when one uses the titan to what there strengths are you will be a more valuable player , but still for me the limited titans and locked in weapons are still limited.

i still feel very strongly about not having the ability to change weapons , that and i wanted before TF2 was launched to have more weapons for the titans , if pilots can change there kits why not there titans . in a titan or as a pilot we are still playing a fps just a bit different in movement. and as a pilot if having different weapons don't affect balance it should not affect the titans . core or not .

17. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

TItans aren't completely locked in though. There are Titan kits that you can change up and that will change how you play. I understand that isn't as customizable as the first game but the way it is now, I don't think you're going to be able to change weapons or anything like that on your Titans in this game.

18. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

The are locked in though, Kits are like the least important part of the loadout. The main things are being able to select your chassis, primary weapon, tactical ability and ordinance and those are all completely locked in. Was so unnecessary to dumb the game down so you could tell what you are facing by it's appearance when in real military strategy you would never have that. The element of surprise is part of the beauty of it.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah, stryder with chain gun was a great pub stomp class if you kept moving and just ambushed them with a rocket salvo and then ran away...and 40mm on an atlas was basically tone which is largely why its my go to...however ronin ends up playing much the same as styder with any other weapon equipped. I must admit TF 2 has made me work harder for longer to be competitive. Good for longevity.

20. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

That XO-16 Chain Gun had a bug they should have fixed. It could shoot around corners. I mean, I would be in a Stryder and getting chased by an Atlas or Ogre with an X0-!6 Chain Gun and would dash 90 degrees around the corner of a building and still be getting hit. By a titan pursuing me with a slower chassis? Yeah, I don't think so. Total BS.

• Like Like x 1