Back to Titanfall.

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Sgt_rawk, Nov 9, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Hi all,

I am back, after one week of CoD AW I have come to the conclusion that with the mixture of poor connection and my skill level that I am not interested in putting time into AW. I encountered far too many instances of me getting four or five hit markers and then the dude I was shooting turn and two shot me. Mix this in with the fact that I have always gone negative on CoD I just can't put the time into CoD any more.
    I have been spoilt by Titanfall in terms of connection, I am lucky enough to live close the server in Sydney and always have <25ms ping. I can count all of the games of Titanfall where I thought that I lost a gunfight because of connection. And for the first time in my FPS MP career I am actually positive in terms of KD. This is my game!
    The great thing is that the numbers on Titanfall seem to have improved since the release of CoD AW. I appreciate all you guys still playing this game and hope you all stick around because I love this game as well.

Cheers :)

• Like Like x 6
  2. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

well welcome back.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bardiel18

Bardiel18 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Wife just got me an X1 and I tried AW as well. It just feels wrong to not be able to wallrun, and you're right about hitmarkers and general netcode. I'm Sydney-side too.

AW definitely makes me want to play more Titanfall now, but the community on PC is so dried up. And I'm not sure I want to go through the grind again on the X1.

4. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Do the grind mate, add me sgt rawk on X1 we'll party up and get you levelled up in no time. Ha!

5. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Great to have you back, @Sgt_rawk! I've been a bit MIA on the game over the past few months, but I'm hoping to start spending some more time with it again soon.

I'm on Xbox One as well, so if you ever see me on Titanfall, feel free to shoot me a message!

6. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

What's yr GT? and where are you? what area? :)

7. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

8. PAYLHORS8248

PAYLHORS8248 Generation 5

There was a hole in my heart where you reside (snicker...)
    D. out

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

I cannot disagree with Sgt_rawk on this, he is correct. I have been playing COD:AW the past week, and I see a difference in the two games as well. AW has a steep learning curve that may require far more effort and attention than I want to give at the moment. Notwithstanding, my abilities at playing COD:AW absolutely SUX.............I too have returned to TF. It is not that COD"AW is a bad game, it is a totally different type and style of play. I have grown more accustomed to TF and how it moves than any other at the moment.
    I played some TF Campaign the other day, and although I am a bit rusty, I still had the satisfaction of being able to move and scores some points! Even in the Co-Op game, I held my own!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am totally still in love with Titanfall.

"Hello everyone, my name is Kingkat54, and I am a Titanfall-aholic"

10. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

Yep, same here. COD Sucks, well not really, it just seems, I don't know backwards? I can't remember how many time I've tried to wall run. Spawns kill, be turned on and killed after laying half a mag into a players back on H/C. The list goes on.

You will see me again soon in TF.

Oh and watch out Sgt I'm gunning for you. ;):cool:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bardiel18

Bardiel18 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I'll see how it goes, and if/when it goes on special again. I'm busy with Forza Horizon 2 at the moment anyway :p

How are the lobbies?

12. PAYLHORS8248

PAYLHORS8248 Generation 5

Unrecovering, unrepentant, not gonna do a 12 step..., belligerently out of remission-remission Titanfall-aholic (HIIIIII,....KINGKAT54!!!!)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

:D
    that's me!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Surprisingly the numbers weren't unduly affected by AW, I see alot of new ppl in the lobbies, did you say it was on special?

15. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I never bothered with CoD (and ghosts for that matter) but two of my mates have sacked it off as well. They say that there's too much clothing customisation and not enough focus on game play.

I'd say I was glad I held out for Halo, but we all know that's not happening right now!

Still......

Attached Files:

16. Bardiel18

Bardiel18 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

No specials yet, but I'll keep an eye out. Feel free to add me, mostly just dicking around in Horizon 2. I try to get a game of AW in every now and then if friends are on, but it gets tiresome after a single round

17. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

Lol, I don't play Titanfall. It collects dust.

18. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Go digital. Clean less.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Edust

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

I might actually go back and try it. CoD: AW just isn't cutting it for me. I have zero urges to even play.

• Like Like x 3