Critically Conditioned - Charged Rifle (Challenge)?

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by MarcusEdits, Mar 16, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MarcusEdits

MarcusEdits Generation 2

How exactly do you Desktop_2014_03_16_17_36_10_583.jpg get this challenge for Gen 4 to go to Gen 5 because I have no clue on how to get it.

2. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Easy, When an enemy titan has exposed armor showing fire a fully charged shot into it and its considerd a Critical Strike.

3. Tony Banana

Tony Banana Generation 3

Like @Clarkeh said, when their shield its down you shoot at their crit spots, which are the red glowing spots on the titan, on the atlas it is on the head and the back, ogre has them on the front and the back, and the stryder has them on what would be the solarplex and the small of the back.

4. Feed Me Camels

Feed Me Camels Generation 2

#4 Feed Me Camels, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    Rodeoing an enemy titan and shooting the brain always scores a critical hit, this is how I am doing the challenge and getting progress. This works especially well against the ai titans in campaign considering the fact thay you do not show up on the minimap when firing the charge rifle. However...after getting to 15 critical hits I am no longer getting any progress for the challenge even when I see a red hit marker when not in rodeo. The games poor hit detection may be the cause but this is beyond aggrevating.

Edit: Restarted my system and still not getting credit for critical hits even on foot...I appreciate the challenge system but its totally unfair when netcode prevents progress

5. SHAN

SHAN GEN 10 NONSTOP MAP-TREADIN' CROSS-COUNTRY STRYDER
    Elite Pilot

This is my FAVORITE Anti-Titan weapon. I just SHOT and didn't even look for any critical spots at all. If you use this SUPER AWESOME POWERFUL charge-rifle long enough to kill Titans you will complete the challenge easily. This that type of challenge you don't have to focus on to complete or else it will hinder your effectiveness against taking out Titans.

6. Benji

Benji Generation 1

#6 Benji, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    I can rodeo and score hits on Titans in the campaign, but when I do it in regular match making, none of the hits count. Pretty ridiculous. Is anyone else getting the same problem?

Edit:
    - If you rodeo an Atlas, they count for critical hits.
    - If you rodeo a Stryder or an Orge, they do not count.

This challenge SUCKS.

7. GooodHerb

GooodHerb Generation 1

Okay, so all these people are talking about red areas but i have no idea what they are talking about. It takes 2 shots to get the shield to be gone, then i have to get a hit on some unknown area? what the hell respawn. Can someone please tell me where these red areas are?

8. Bear

Bear That ain't falco.
    Elite Pilot

It's not that bad. It's just 30 hits. Very easy to get at least 2 per game.

Try 50 Gooser and then talk about hard challenges lol.

9. Clarkeh

Elite Pilot

When a titan takes hull damage the armor comes off in places and exposes red glowish areas on the titan these are the weak points where AT weapons do more damage and you get the challenge from (on the Atlas the biggest one is on thier backpack, Ogre is the headpiece and i can't remember the Stryder weak spot)

10. Kaeldian

Kaeldian Generation 2

Just be glad they didn't make you kill pilots with the railgun. Yes, it's doable - but usually not easy. Funny as hell when it happens though - instagibs them.

11. _dmos

_dmos Generation 2

Ok, I am 95% sure I've got it.. The rodeo method works, but only if the shields are down. Yes, it sounds silly, but if you rodeo a Titan and shoot it with a Charge Rifle while it's shields are down you will progress through the challenge.

• Like Like x 2
  12. _dmos

_dmos Generation 2

For clarification on my last post, it doesn't work on Ogre titans. It works on Atlas types, and I'm yet to try it on a Stryder. Hits when the Titan is doomed do count.

13. Clarkeh

Elite Pilot

Interesting, I've always assumed using the charge rifle at close range would kill me like the other AT Weapons...might have to give this a try.

14. realwookiee

realwookiee Generation 1

#14 realwookiee, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    This challenge is bugged, fix it please!!!!!

15. _dmos

_dmos Generation 2

Play the campaign to do it. Some missions have AI titans at the start which are easy to rodeo and are always Atlas types. I think 'The Refuelling Raid', 'Get Barker', 'Assault on the Sentinel' and 'The Three Towers' have AI titans, and 'The Battle of Demeter' has one AI Titan on the Militia side. Just hop on and wait until your team's AI take out the shields then fire away.
    No, it is not bugged.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BallisticDad

BallisticDad Played the very first FPS! *Duck Hunt*
    Elite Pilot

I agree, this challenge it NOTHING to complain about!

17. realwookiee

realwookiee Generation 1

Yeah because you really know if my game is bugged out. I don't get credit when shields are down and I hit titans

18. _dmos

_dmos Generation 2

The hitbox detection in this game is awful. Do you mean you don't get credit while rodeo-ing or by normally shooting?

19. realwookiee

realwookiee Generation 1

Both unfortubately, shield is down in both scenarios and I don't get credit

20. Clarkeh

Elite Pilot

Indeed after trying your advice i have gained a few additions to my challenge, Thanks for the tip.