Does anyone play Pilot Skirmish?

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by SicKisH, Jan 21, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SicKisH

SicKisH Generation 1

I am prepared to get hate for this but the only thing that kept me from this game is the Titans. I do not like games with vehicles/mechs in general and after trying the beta for this I was reassured of that. I picked this game up on sale however after I heard they added a mode with no Titans. However, I have been sitting in a pregame lobby for 10 minutes and was just curious if anyone in this community plays this?

Thanks and glhf

2. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I personally don't. The game just isn't the same without Titans. Still great but it's not like the Titans are overpowered and slow.. their movements are just as agile as when you're a Pilot.

3. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

I play it as much as the other gamemodes. It really depends on how im feeling, and if I have a permanent radar pulse burncard.
    Seriously, that burncard is overpowered in Pilot Skirmish. Every red figure is a guaranteed enemy pilot, You know location+ movement. It's kinda like a maphack. I love it!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bigz266

Bigz266 Generation 4

If you demamded pilot skirmish u may have gotten hate, but I will say I was excited when I first saw this until I realized people camping like COD.And with no titans its just not Titanfall

• Like Like x 1
  5. The N

The N Generation 2

I really like the gamemode but there's at least 3 smart pistols in about every match and that is just too much for my nerves.. Otherwise I love it.

6. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Agreed, I used to play it with the perm radar card and run a silenced 101 and just post up, or run smart pistol with enhanced targeting, it was just unfair. It struck me as pandering to the CoD crowd which I totally get however the reason many of us have hung around on this game is that it is multi layered, not just CoD with a great movement mechanic.

Most of the playlists are pretty sparse SicKisH it's mainly attrition these days and a little hardpoint and CTF.

BTW way SicKisH you wont get hate on this forum. We don't hate you because you like a particular game. :)

7. The Juggernaut

Silenced? I let my carbine have extended mags and make noise like a mother-effer! I love finding a good wide position to lock down with a extended mag carbine. Many people go 'Oh red dot', die, spawn with revenge in their joysticks, and keep dying. Hell, I found myself running out of Carbine ammo and having to switch to the wingman and scavenge the enemies guns! Radar Pulse FTW

8. Achmed is here

Achmed is here Generation 4

never use silencer on ma guns either i need as much ammo as i can get

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. My Hero Iz Me

My Hero Iz Me Generation 5

Agreed, maybe my aim isn't where it needs to be so I need more shots, but it also helps with doubles and triples, good luck getting that with out an extended mag

10. Achmed is here

Achmed is here Generation 4

ive experinced mega kills twice yesterday with bigz

guess there's a first for anything

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I've honestly never played this game mode. It's never interested me.

I'll need to give it a try....

12. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

you'll get 3 minutes in and then a have a titan withdrawal...:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I get the sh*t shot out of me if I don't run silenced, I'm not good enough at the game to ask to get shot at...ha!

14. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I tried a few games today... not too bad.:rolleyes:

15. Bigz266

Bigz266 Generation 4

that is so true. I thought I was goin to have to sign up for titans anonymous lol. Hi my name is Bigz266 and im a titanholic.

16. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

It just doesn't feel right without Titans.. to me.

17. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thought this might be the case hence the lack of interest!

18. The Juggernaut

The trick is, always stay on the move. Having the entire enemy team know your location and start hunting you down sucks when they know your specific location. If you move away from that location, they obviously are going to look at your last location first and you just pop them off as you come. That bullet damage without a suppressor can make a difference in a 1 v 1 since you'll need less shots on target AND you will kill them faster. This doesn't work all the time against competent players but you can score some nasty kills with a unsuppressed carbine and duking. I also just realized what I said in this paragraph is basically a extremely general thing that everyone here has read a least 5 times in the past on these forums lol
    -------------------
    Maybe it's all my time playing Destiny, a little CoD, and Halo:MCC but I've fallen a little out of touch with the Titan side of... Titanfall. I remember the first months of Titanfall... i could kill 4 titans while keeping my titan... titan vs titan combat was trivial. I either just suck now, or the people who still play titanfall have gotten really good...( i like to think a little bit of both!) im lucky to kill 2 titans in a single life now! Being cautious went out of the window lol Oh and the aim sensitivity. Oh god, the sensitivity! Low for Titanfall translates to above normal for all these games! After over 200+ hours in Destiny, it took me the last stretches of Gen 6 and the entirety of Gen 7 to Gen 8 to learn how to aim with Normal sensitivity on Titanfall. again!
    I will always enjoy murdering Pilots in honest combat though!
    /Extreme tangent that had very little to do with anything over/
    Basically, i like the simplistic pilot vs pilot combat i.e titanfall's main game mechanic

19. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Those 3v1 victories in Titanfall used to make me glow ask over. I seem to run away from them now myself.

20. My Hero Iz Me

My Hero Iz Me Generation 5

Arc Cannon sometimes I get 3 and 1/2 titans before I loose mine, people run from arc cannons.