Good recording software.

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by AlpacasCanFly_, Apr 21, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. AlpacasCanFly_

AlpacasCanFly_ Generation 2

I have been trying to record my Titanfall gameplay lately but the audio and video is choppy with DxTory and I was wondering if anyone knew any programs I could use to record good quality gameplay.

2. llchuckwagonll

llchuckwagonll Generation 2

#2 llchuckwagonll, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
    What codec are you using for Dxtory? I use it quite a bit, and find it to be one of the best out there. I use the lagerith losless codec, below is a quick guide as to how to best set it up. Also, if you have multiple hdd's or ssd's, record to one your not running the game on if at all possible. This will help the game run smoother and may help with some of the choppiness. Also posted a great video guide done by JackFrags on how to setup dxtory w/ lags as well.

Also, not sure what hardware you're running, but if you have a new (660 & above) Nvidia GPU, you can utilize their built in recording software ShadowPlay, which I also use, and it does a good job as well. Not the same quality as Lags & dxtory, but pretty good, and the file sizes are much smaller than dxtory.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kllr6

Kllr6 Generation 2

+1 for ShadowPlay if your video card will support it. It works great for me and it is easy to use.

4. AlpacasCanFly_

I use lagarith also I can upload a video of the problem if that will help. I do have a GeForce GTX 560 so I do not think I can use ShadowPlay.

5. AlpacasCanFly_

#5 AlpacasCanFly_, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    I'm thinking about buying Mirillis Action what are your opinions?

6. llchuckwagonll

Have you tried using a different codec? And you cannot use shadowplay w/ a 560, unfortunately.

7. AlpacasCanFly_

No I haven't what codecs would you reccomend?

8. llchuckwagonll

9. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

If you've got a 560Ti and a good CPU, I suggest trying out playclaw 5. It uses your CPU mainly to record. You also get nifty sensors in your overlay (which you can opt to show or not show on screenshots/videos) that tell you just about everything you ever wanted to know about your PC at the time.
    Like this: https://hostr.co/file/GRSMGvj8y8WQ/Screenshot-951.jpg
    As you can see you've got video card temperatures, utilization, amount of used video memory, per-core CPU temps & thread utilization, fps, a clock, teamspeak 3 overlays. There's even more if you wanna use a webcam with your recordings too.

You can also change the colour and position on-screen to ANYWHERE you want, as well as adjust font & font-size of each overlay.

10. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

Also, ignore the second screen. I used a full-screen taking program to show all the utilization in the past. My laptop's down right now, so I can't take a fresh shot for you is all.

11. AlpacasCanFly_

#11 AlpacasCanFly_, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    So I have to decide between Action, Playclaw and a h264 codec for DXTory what should I go with?

12. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

Well, try out dxtory and see as you already are using it. Playclaw 5 can be tried for free for unlimited video recording length (with a bouncing watermark across the screen) so you can tell how well it works for you even with the free version before you buy. Not sure about Action.

13. llchuckwagonll

Go with what gives you the best balance between quality and performance. And as stated before, if you have a 2nd drive to record to, do that as it will help with performance. Best of luck, let us know how it works out

14. AlpacasCanFly_

Playclaw works fine for me while I'm recording but when I watch the video it lags in some areas. I'm uploading the Playclaw raw footage and the DXTory footage.

15. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

Try recording at 720p 60fps or something; it might fix the stutter. I think for some reason 30fps is bad for that program. *shrugs* I've always done it in 60 and it always worked out fine

16. AlpacasCanFly_

17. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

Yeah, try the 60fps and see how it works.

18. AlpacasCanFly_

The DxTory codec works also, thanks everyone!

19. llchuckwagonll

Nice! Glad to hear man

20. kinggamer1235

kinggamer1235 Generation 2

if you have a nvidia desktop gpu then use shadowplay