gooser

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by lezz62, Apr 17, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. lezz62

lezz62 Generation 2

Really finding it hard work about to give up all hope of doing this challenge .anybody got any tips to complete this pain in the backside challenge thanks

2. Bear

Bear That ain't falco.
    Elite Pilot

Hey man, count your blessings. A lot of us had to get 50 goosers to hit Gen 6.

Play LTS, use the chaingun with extended mag, when you doom a titan make sure you are about medium range away from it and look around one screens length above the titan to see the ejecting pilot.

I guess you don't need to play LTS, it's just an easy way to ensure one gooser per game. Doesn't matter since it's just a weak 5 now though.

3. BallisticDad

BallisticDad Played the very first FPS! *Duck Hunt*
    Elite Pilot

What @Bear said! I was about to give the same advise.

At least you dont have to do 50. Just get your 5 and move on, dont give up!
    If I can do the DMR (I SUCK at Snipers), you can do 5 Goosers!

4. Wickerman

Wickerman Generation 4

Yep, chaingun with extended mags. LTS is your best best, but I got most of mine in Attrition because that's what I played most. Don't play Hardpoint because most people Auto-Titan. Once you get the hang of it, they come pretty easy as long as the guy doesn't cloak. I found that it helps to double team a Titan, but back off a certain distance and let the teammate finish him off. This will allow you to get in a better position for the Gooser kill.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Now now @Bear and @BallisticDad Gooser is still pretty difficult to do, It doesn' help almost every single player now rolls Auto-Eject and Nuclear Detonation to avoid getting killed in the air, To the OP i am 1/5 on Gooser myself and i have come to conclusion (after spending three solid days) i will take alot of time and partical luck to get the Challenge completed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bear

Bear That ain't falco.
    Elite Pilot

Nah 5 is easy man. I'll grant you it's a lot of luck but 5 is easy peasy. Do you play LTS? I got 5 in one game before in LTS. Almost everyone uses their Titan and it was rare for my to see nuclear ejections.

7. lezz62

lezz62 Generation 2

Thanks guys

8. Clarkeh

Elite Pilot

Yes i have been bouncing between LTS and Attrition these past three days and all i have come across is Auto-Eject and Nuclear Det Titans, Im tempted to just forget about it roll CAR SMG and see if luck is on my side when i get the chance to rodeo doom a titan that actually ejects.

9. TuffMeetsClassy

TuffMeetsClassy NYC Native, OIF VET, Trainer, Professional Muter
    Elite Pilot

10. TitanWet

TitanWet Generation 2

I notice alot of people saying"as long as the ejecting pilot dosnt cloak"when describing what they do on the gooser challenge,a bit silly considering every pilot auto cloaks when ejecting even if you dont have cloak on your pilot.

11. Clarkeh

Elite Pilot

Yup same deal with me too. Im going to try something new today, If it works i'll let you all in on it.

12. Bumwhiskers

Bumwhiskers Generation 2

I'm on Xbox 360, and I'm starting to see real progress with my Gooser kills. I have spent the last 2 days unable to even get one. However, I got one yesterday, and now I just got 4 in one game. Using the LTS chaingun method.

I've noticed that connection can be very important with this challenge. If you have a 5 bar, you don't need to lead your shots. But if your connection is lesser, adjust your lead time.

You will find the sweetspot, and then (hopefully) it should be a smooth ride after that. I just hope I get my 50 before they patch it down to 5!

13. Clarkeh

Elite Pilot

Well my idea i came up with sort of works and sort of doesn't, What i do is when an enemy titan becomes doomed by myself or someone else i immediately press X and E,E to eject myself and hopefully be able to score the gooser kill, Yes i end up wasting my Titan but if your like me and you have problems with your vision when it comes to tiny objects in the air then this is a better method.

I will admit i have NOT scored a kill with this method yet but i've had some close encounters.

14. GT: MUFFinDIVER1988

GT: MUFFinDIVER1988 Generation 2

Just got a cloaked pilot with the Kraber with standard scope! I'm stoked, but sadly it won't likely happen again

15. Jackaustin

Jackaustin Generation 3

I did all mine in campaign 50/50
    Newer players don't no about the challange and just float up for you :p

16. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

u know with the AOG, that sniper becomes a pretty viable Marksman rifle

17. Jackaustin

Jackaustin Generation 3

I got a fully clocked pilot ejecting last night with the 40mm cannon on the epilogue with everyone watching...it's safe to say I creamed myself

18. Natsu

Natsu Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

So for XBOX360 it still says I need 50 gooser for regeneration 6. I guess they only did an update for XBOX One.

19. Bumwhiskers

Bumwhiskers Generation 2

Xbox 360 has not had the update yet. I'm on 44/50, hopefully I can get my last few before the patch

• Like Like x 1
  20. Natsu

Natsu Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

When will that update happen? It's driving me nuts lol. I'm on every day trying to get those