New Gooser Method

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by KeiSon, Jul 12, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. KeiSon

KeiSon Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Punched Titans of the maps a hundred times in the past and this never happened so it would seem that it now registers as a gooser kill. Anyone had this since the last update or is this a convenient glitch?

• Like Like x 1
  2. markforza

markforza Finally got to Gen5
    Elite Pilot

Have to try this one out, I've been on 3 Gooser kills for Months now, but I now have the attitude It'll happen when it Happens, but I'm now getting used to having EVERYTHING open & don't fancy having to go back & work for them All again!!

3. KeiSon

KeiSon Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Yeah I got the regen remorse everytime and thought to myself why do I keep doing this lol And thats the attitude to have have with the challenges they seem to come so much easier when your relaxed and not thinking bout it.

4. Alpha

Alpha Generation 3

5. Alpha

Alpha Generation 3

Punched Titans of the maps a hundred times in the past and this never happened so it would seem that it now registers as a gooser kill. Anyone had this since the last update or is this a convenient glitch?

This is not a glitch i have done this a handful of times prior patch. Last time i remember was when the game first came out. If you punch a titan out of the map and pilot ejects but never gets back to battlefied it counts as a gooser because he never touched the ground. Gooser kills only count in the air without touching any surface that's why it gave you the AIRBORNE. If pilot falls out the map when he ejects it will count as a GOOOOOSSSSSEEEERRRR!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

Ya I don't think it is a glitch. The pilot must have ejected when he fell but didn't make it to the battlefield and fell into the deathbarrier.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

This.

He ejected but didn't make it back. RIP

• Like Like x 2
  8. ParaNormanBates

ParaNormanBates Generation 4

It's not a glitch. I've got this about 3 times so far. It's basically when the pilot tries to eject during free fall. And if your punch was the last hit. There's also another way that's happened quite a lot to me. During a indoor eject, if you punch the tip of the titan after the pilot ejects, you'll get a Gooser. Basically, the pilot hits the ceiling and drops down right into your punch.

9. A green sofa

A green sofa Generation 2

I've done that one time and it made me so happy. Punch goosers are the best.

10. The Juggernaut

Ya I was so happy when I got a punch gooser. The pilot just fell onto the punch and exploded!

11. vaguecmac

vaguecmac Generation 2

Goosers are not very hard to get. I get 2-3 on average every day just playing. Chaingun their feet as they are on the way up. Much easier to kill then on the way down.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ParaNormanBates

Wait till you get one with a jump kick. LOL. I went bezerk when I accidentally got a gooser with a jump kick. Tip: Rodeo a Ogre and the ejecting pilot will come flying right towards you.

13. BigDaddyHotGue

BigDaddyHotGue Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Wow... that sounds like a very specific set of criteria. Let me see if I've got this right: You've got to punch a Titan off a map (assuming the map you're in has an "off" and you're close enough to it to knock an opponent off). THEN that opposing pilot needs to try to save him/herself by ejecting AND they need to fail miserably by falling to their death without touching anything at all... I'd bet all that doesn't happen very often. I'd bet that it's a whole lot easier to use the chain gun or arc cannon to pop somebody out of the sky when they eject... Play the campaign where all the noobies are getting their induction into the game and don't yet know much about riding their Titan down to the end. Generally, they're all panicked about ejecting and trying to survive. You only need 5 now so go for the method that presents the most opportunity!

14. ParaNormanBates

It's a very rare situation given that it's possible only on Fracture, Outpost, Overlook, Relic, War Games and (possibly) Corporate maps but this whole discussion was about knowing if this was a glitch. Chaingun and Arc Cannon is still the most traditional way to get goosers for challenges but there are more than 8 different ways to get Goosers. Some of them are almost impossible.

15. internet fail

internet fail Generation 1

Anyone know if this still works? I know this is an old thread, but I'm new to the game and I live in the country with extremely slow Internet (the highest speed available). Even with that, my isp seems bend on keeping it clocked aroubd 0.5 mbps so I end up with 3 to 12 seconds of lag from trigger pull to bullet firing. The game is hard enough like this, but gooser is proving to be downright impossible. I went to try this method with a friend and they ejected off a cliff and still hit the ground, just out of bounds, so it didnt give the gooser. Can anyone let me know about this. Seems I'm stuck at g5 forever unless I find a method that works with extreme lag.

16. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Manually eject with the SP when they go off next to you. Pretty easy gooser. You loser your Titan, but you can get it back easier than trying a traditional crap shoot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. StorkChop42

StorkChop42 Generation 3

Just got one yesterday, didn't even know what it meant, there was an overhang when they ejected, and luckily I was still mashing on them in my berserker rage. Ha ha

• Like Like x 2
  18. The Juggernaut

That's how I got mine! Trying for the ejection, and I just tanked their ejection and the Big Punch has a weird frame of 'staying out' doing damage. It's like they just fell into my fist and exploded.

• Like Like x 1
  19. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Again you've hit the nail on the head Bruvas. That is definitely the easiest way for wracking up gooser kills. I like getting goosers while in my titan... but I'm just not that good at it.:D

20. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

No one is! I still remember the last gooser I got for the challenge. Woke the house up with cheers!!

• Funny Funny x 1