OGkraken - Question For You About Source Code

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by ensc, Jun 5, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#1 ensc, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    I know that OGkraken had created this thread where he provided a link about source code from TF2, so I figured he might know good sources for getting game source code.
    http://www.titanfall-community.com/threads/for-those-of-you-who-hate-the-game.8410/

I'm a computer programmer and TF1 is my favorite video game of all time and I have toyed with the idea of possibly going in a game development direction in the future (not near future, but maybe 5 to 10 years). Since I love TF1 so much, I figured if there was any possible way I could get my hands on the complete source code of TF1, it would be a labor of love to spend my spare time for the next 2 to 3 years just picking apart every little piece and trying to understand how it all works.

I would never use it to try to hack the existing game, because I absolutely despise hackers and cheaters.

I just would love to spend most of my free time viewing and learning about the beautiful engine that created the game I love. For me, it would be like being an artist that could walk into the Louvre and stare at the Mona Lisa all day, or going into St. Peter's Cathedral and staring at the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel all day. TF1 is an absolute masterpiece to me.

• Like Like x 1