Titanfall OP gun ruins perfect gane

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by N7 Archangel, Apr 30, 2015.

?
  1. Disable bounce damge to Actual players

100.0%
  2. Lessen weapon's damge

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. N7 Archangel

N7 Archangel Generation 2

This is about the one thing that ruins this game. Arc Cannon. How are you so oblivious are you that you cant nerf a weapon that: damages multiple targets, doesn't even have to hit you to kill you. Im literaly writing this as a BOUNCE shot (a shot that bounced of someone else) takes out half of my FULL shield, twice. Thats retarded. Earlier my friend got killed as a pilot because a shot hit a teamate standing in the door way of a building and bunced into the room and killed him. Its too strong, its bouncing abilities mean free kill and assists without having to hit or even see your target. And you make it
    the only weapon that can detonate mid-air missles? Is this a cruel joke? I thought someone would easily find and fix this. Stop ruining my game please

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. PT Platinum11

PT Platinum11 Generation 3

I think the missle thing is a bit of a weird move. Other projectiles that hit missile should detonate them and I agree with that. And the blast radius could be turned down a bit. However its not the super weapon you are suggesting. Like for example find cover and have him waste his shot. The thing has a pretty long chargeup time. Odds are if you get close enough he will either miss or have to stop charging to punch and back up. Multiple targets work well for grunts and I guess pilots. But the Titan thing where they bounce off is pretty stupid. I wouldn't say that it is "game breaking" I don't use it I prefer the chaingun, but I have managed to hold my own against players with it.

3. N7 Archangel

I think we are in different leagues my friend. for example my stats tell me that I am MVP in just about half the games I play. so I don't know what better way to describe this. when a bounce shot can literally take down half your shields while you stand a distances away from a teammate that is nearly equal to that of the range of a nuclear ejection. and even inflict permanent damage to health. That mean that your team mate took equal if not more damage, That is a HUGE amount of damage to be granted from a single shot of a consistantly fired weapon. Secondly and equaly important is the injustice of taking damage while not even having made the error of even walking into the catastrophy. As one could a nuke or cluster. Or in my case of even having made direct line of site to your attacker. Those are huge flaws that no other titan gun even comes close to doing.

4. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

:eek:This is strange... and different. It's usually the SP "ruining the game", not the Arc Cannon.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. PT Platinum11

Your skill in games doesn't change the power of the weapon. Its something you need to be next to cover to avoid. I can see the blue lightbulb of death a mile away. Just dash into cover before they fire. No easy task I know but charging in or just hanging in one spot isn't going to do much. Its the choice of do you want defense?(ogre) or the ability to counter?(stryder) there are some points that are a pain in the butt for some players and for others they understand how to avoid those problems.

6. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

You know Archangel, the more you play, the better you get at avoiding situations. Just out of curiosity, are you a user of the SP?

7. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Settle down Rainman. JK JK. N7 ArchcannonAngel: all weapons have their charms in this game. I agree that it simply takes getting used to them. They also all have their down side. I think we have all been killed by some thing or action that was not of our doing. If it really diminishes your fun, then maybe this is not the game for you. Personally, I think all of the weapons are reasonably balanced including the SP. Especially when you consider the personal limitations of who might be using them. For example the half blind paraplegic who uses an SP; even he can have fun playing TF. What other game can offer that? I actually love the SP and get a kick at how it is so irritating to most players. Especially the narcissistic egotists who rant and blame every one and everything other than themselves. I use it rarely because like most of us, I like to aim when shoot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Keep coming back Archangel... more will be revealed.:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bigz266

Bigz266 Generation 4

Hahaha... Yea when I saw the title I assumed it was another SP rant lol. Then seeing that it was the arc cannon blew my mind

10. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

All weapons are fine. Move along, nothing to see here!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Deeszigns

Deeszigns Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

40mm has splash damage also should we ban This too?
    Every weapon in this game has been called OP by someone who has been killed by it , but they all Also have their weaknesses learn them and suddenly they not so OP. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

You know when you are killed by an Arc Cannon it simply means you are standing in the wrong place. :cool:

13. N7 Archangel

Look psychology is a great thing. First you become relatable, then a person can like you, then that person can relate to the way you think. Thats all great, I could try that so that you guys can see eye to eye with what I'm saying. But that all take too long so instead I thought I would post this

so that we could skip that.

Now if you see this and think wow, that can happen to you? Behind a barrier? a vortex? around a corner? and even happens to you as a pilot inside a building by bouncing off another guy? The answer is yes. It can.

If the idea of that bothers you then back me up here.

If you are here to say something like this:
    "Your skill in games doesn't change the power of the weapon. Its something you need to be next to cover to avoid. I can see the blue lightbulb of death a mile away. Just dash into cover before they fire. No easy task I know but charging in or just hanging in one spot isn't going to do much. Its the choice of do you want defense?(ogre) or the ability to counter?(stryder) there are some points that are a pain in the butt for some players and for others they understand how to avoid those problems"
    By Platinum11

or this:
    "You know Archangel, the more you play, the better you get at avoiding situations. Just out of curiosity, are you a user of the SP?"
    by Rainman0211

Then don't bother because you're obviously not that bright ; )

And for you not brights. Yes, I did just call you out

14. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Hi Angel. You might be right but on the irritation scale of 1 to 100, this issue rates about 0.1. It never has even been on my radar and I have played lots of games. All I can say is that if it is the ding to your stats you are worried about, it seems a shame. To loose any sense of enjoyment from an incredibly balanced game and from probably the best game out, there is a loss for you. Good luck with your ongoing games and I hope you do not quit and I hope you stick around on the forum. Hey, anyone that appreciates psychology cannot be all that bad.

15. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

wait for it, wait for it...
    [​IMG]

16. PT Platinum11

I agree with what you said Transformer. These problems have never made an impact on me playing the game. If what Archangel is saying is true then that does seem a bit stupid. The vortex and barrier not being able to deflect what can be considered a small lightning strike really isn't that far out there but around a corner or as you were saying boucing off other players titans. Thats a bit silly. On another note I don't see where this slight aggression is coming from. We were having a civilized discussion and your comment could have been easily stated without name calling.

17. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Hey Archangel, first arch and arc are two different things. I answered your last post this morning while having my morning cup of coffee and I guess I forgot to hit the send button and now it's all gone. You know I'm old so I don't remember everything I wrote from this morning but for you sir, I'll try. It went a little something like this...
    1. According to your survey (above) the ARC cannon being overpowered, well I've got to give it to you being exactly right about it. It clearly shows that 100% of the people that took the survey agree with you on that so I guess that congratulations are in order...lone voter.:D Your "brightness" is really shining thru there huh palsie?

2. Your griping/venting/ needs to be directed to the makers of the game. (Your "brightness" is fading.):eek:

3. And according to the... (Sorry, I've grown bored with you. You have exceeded the maximum amount of attention that you deserve).:)

• Like Like x 1
  18. PT Platinum11

OH SUGARSNAP PEAS HE WENT THERE! XD

19. N7 Archangel

Hey bro I actualy appreciate what you said. Thanks and I mean that. Because this really is a fucking amazing game. out of curiosity though did you actually watch the clip? C I think I understand why people don't get where I'm coming from because I'm that guy that can completely smash a game sometimes. Just come and kill guys in a thousand different ways so when I die it usually take something fairly well done. And that is the reason why the way thjs gun works, as shown in this clip is it a big issue for me.

20. N7 Archangel

I'm sorry about the aggression. I just don't like when people reply without actually deeply reading the post or watching the clip. Because it's all quite self explanatory. I am a guy that dodges most bullets and you'll just have to take my word for that. so when you do all that work and and your most regular death is to get taken out by something like whats exampled in this clip... then yeah