Scoreboard!!

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by SHAN, Mar 18, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SHAN

SHAN GEN 10 NONSTOP MAP-TREADIN' CROSS-COUNTRY STRYDER
    Elite Pilot

Mainly talking about Attrition,

Some go for ALL kill-types, some mainly go for pilots, some for Titans, and then... the minion farmers... and we start:

Haha, gotta love putting in hard work to kill 4 or 5 Titans, 4-5 pilots, and 15ish minions... i mean sweating at the finger tips, just taking Titans down. Then, at the end of the match you have some pilot who pretty much ran around hunting minions with maybe 2-3 pilots kills, 1-2 Titans, and 49! minions...lol. I don't think the minions should reward so well. I know I'm not the only one who feels like they worked their butts off challenging themselves throughout the whole game only to say to themselves, "I kinda don't like the point system..." haha.

I remember killing 14 pilots one game, I think 2-3 titans, and around 15 minions and still had some minion hunter topping the charts... i wish i could find lobbies for Pilot Hunter, I heard that mode lessens the effectiveness of killing NPCs. No one seems to play it here in the Pacific.

*I don't hate the minions, i just think there should have been some kind of bonus or multiplier added for balanced tactics of players like me that feel kinda weird and cheap by crushing mindless NPCs. Just a system or something to keep me from thinking, "Ok, I'm doing GREAT this game... BUT, if i want to top the charts I'm going to have to kill a few more mindless bots..." I'd rather challenge myself to take out a Titan or another pilot...BUT then, i'm neck and neck with others taking the easier route to topping the scoreboard, then i fall down to 2nd, 3rd.

If anyone knows a link to the points system for TitanFall, please link.

Just my thoughts, What are your thoughts about the TitanFall score tallying?

2. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

[Troll Warning]
    But... but... what about a pilot like me?
    https://hostr.co/file/6yAOfIq2exWA/titanfall_2014-03-13_18-03-14.jpg
    Kekekeke
    [/Troll Warning]

Anyway, it all balances. 15 minions + 12 pilots = 63 minions + 0 pilots.
    Also, I believe dooming Titans = 5 points too, though don't quote me on that.
    Honestly, either way you take it, if they help you win, then great. I understand your wanting to play some pilot hunter though; where you only get points for pilot kills. I don't know what you mean by pacific exactly, but you could always try a different server data center. 100+ ping on this game is no real detriment unless two pilots are meleeing each other at the same time and you attack first and then "lose" because you attack second due to lag. I can guarantee this because the lowest I've ever seen my ping in this game is 90, and it only stays under 100 for a couple seconds either way; it's usually 110 or so.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SHAN

SHAN GEN 10 NONSTOP MAP-TREADIN' CROSS-COUNTRY STRYDER
    Elite Pilot

I mean, in the Pacific region of the world. i play with Australians and alot of military people stationed in Japan, Korean, etc. I cannot get into any game but Attrition. Kinda sucks... Luckily i'll be back in the states in a few months. It's just the fact that these are NPCs giving out points to top the charts. i don't think i'll ever get over that! I'll still love and play the game but i'll always make a funny face when i see someone with over 40 minion kills... LOL, means they were hot and focused about their NPC assassination spree... Not my style but it is what it is.

4. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

Oh. Then I dunno. Try some EU lobbies? You may have lag, but it should work all right enough.

5. Bardiel18

Bardiel18 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Great game stats there @D2ultima

@SHAN I'm in Aus as well. I tend to jump into Variety Pack and there's a pretty healthy number of players in there. Give that a go instead of Attrition, because in the end, those minion farmers are contributing to the win legitimately and shouldn't be penalised or looked down upon by people more actively going for Pilot and Titan kills. It's how the game was designed after all.

• Like Like x 1
  6. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

Fun fact about that game: One death was me Satchel Charging myself. Because I'm brilliant.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tony at Home

Tony at Home Generation 5

Sounds like someone got past what the game considers your "front line" and was putting grenades in drop pods.

The game dynamically determines where the action is, designates that "the front line" and that's where it will start dropping a lot of the reinforcement pods.

Every now and then, you get a player who gets behind the action, and starts taking out all your NPC's.

You just need to get a hold on when it's happening and take them out.

I guarantee you this is not someone who is going around NPC hunting across the map- and they can't be doing this in a Titan as you said you destroyed those consistently. This is someone who found a specific area where NPC drops where occurring, and was just picking them off as they exited.

The only solution is to be aware of the score. If your team is in control of the game, but your team is taking a load of attrition- there's a leak and you need to take the initiative to plug it.

8. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

AI is the name of the game in attrition. I go for pilots when I can, but I actively seek out groups of AI with Minion Detector.
    That way if I'm stuck with a lobby of people who arent' doing much.......49 minion kills = 49 attrition points. And you can chain those together to get even more.

The Respawn Devs will be the first to tell you....the grunts are in Attrition to help you win Attrition. Look for their pods to drop and either run the whole thing over with a Titan or set off one Satchel Charge....boom. 5 to 14 attrition points :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Bardiel18

Bardiel18 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Exactly this. There's a reason it isn't called Team Deathmatch.

10. Tony at Home

Tony at Home Generation 5

Actually, I just played some games and found there was at least some effectiveness to the strategy of staying with a group of bots, and guarding them while picking up enemy bots.

If you can find a group of 4 grunts, they'll run around like heat-seeking missiles towards groups of enemy AI, point out pilots whenever they so much as see a glimpse of them, and act as bait.

By following the Grunts occasionally, you get a lot of benefits.
    1) You will be lead to enemy AI groups and can pick them off for easy points
    2) They bait out enemy pilots to attack your group- you'll have an advantage when a pilot attacks (most times at least...)
    3) You stop your team from leaking attrition points.

If I were playing with a group of buddies, I might even try to say we should always designate one of us as the "Grunt Captain"- given the role has real value.

• Like Like x 1
  11. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

I never thought of a strategy like that. Granted I never stop moving, but still. That's pretty good man.