Titanfall 2 CTF Changes...flag return timer

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by autosodjt, Sep 28, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. autosodjt

autosodjt Generation 2

So from the Capture The Flag footage we've seen it now looks like you have a 3 second timer when returning the enemy flag. Returning your own flag is instant, personally I think this is a good change but 3 seconds could be too long, what do you think?

2. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

does the distances have something to do with that time? i mean, if you get the enemy flag and you are far away from the point you must drop it, you need time to get there, right?

3. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

The commentary says that you need to "be in the proximity" to return a flag for 3 secs. Hmmmm. This is an important point. Like in Hardpoint, you do not need to be directly at the target spot to have the capture in effect. If this is the case for CTF, then you would have some ability to move around and defend yourself. Either way, it does make it all the more strategic and important to have some buddies backing you up in some fashion.

4. autosodjt

autosodjt Generation 2

it's definitely going to add another layer to CTF, I'm looking forward to this change, I used to be exhausted after a few rounds of CTF!

5. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Definitely interesting. This is something that can be tweaked easily so I'm willing to test it out.

6. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Interesting. By the way, getting killed right before capturing the flag was probably the absolute best use of a Rematch card in the entire game, because you could just pick it right back up and finish capturing it. You do all that work, get that close and then someone cheap shots you right at the end. Just such a great way to make sure your work gets rewarded while at the same time cutting the enemy's celebration short. So satisfying!!!