Titanfall 8 VS 8 gamemode No Bots , No Titans. Update 6.

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Mistergeorge, Aug 28, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mistergeorge

Mistergeorge Generation 5

A brand new Game-Mode has been confirmed and it will be coming out this Fall with Update 6.
    It is an 8 VS 8 game-mode without Grunts or Titans. More info about this and Update 6:

I am really excited to see this new game-mode but from the other hand I have my doubts that Titanfall may lose a bit of it's character. Really interested to hear your opinions on this kind of suprising new game-mode. :D

2. KeiSon

KeiSon Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

This new game mode called 'Call of Titan' by chance :p really not excited by this, I love the one on one Titan battles it's part of the excitement of the game for me.

3. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Pilotdrop
    Where's-my-Titanfall
    How-come-my-attrition-points-are-so-low-now-when-I-use-the-smart-pistol-now

All names to be considered for the game after the sixth update!

4. Mistergeorge

Mistergeorge Generation 5

lol, the last one is soooo true. :p

5. Dunqus

Dunqus Generation 2

I'm a little in the middle on this. On one hand I'm excited for another game mode, on the other hand I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this. Yes I will play it and yes this will have them get other players and new players involved but at the same time I feel you're alienating the TF community. Think about it, this mode isn't going to be in a Variety Pack since all modes in Variey Packs are 6v6 with AI and Titans so you'll just have players simply playing this game mode. To me, it's favoring those who either say "There's only six players" or complain about AI being stupid even though they miss the point, the AI isn't supposed to be really good and if you want them to be better go to a private match and up there skill level. Then you had people moaning about a mode without Titans and now they catered to them. I can deal with no grunts but no Titans? I'm more accepting of the Wingman game mode if it's still coming since it involved titans or even a Titan vs Titan with Titan Exclusive maps, shorter maps for the Titans vs Titans.

Now you already have people complaining that they want 8v8 with Titans and complaining about why wasn't this done sooner. The only thing Respawn should focus on next time is more game modes, not sure how I would feel about a friendly fire option but something to that nature.

6. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

I'm a bit miffed that Respawn folded to all the people who wanted Pilot only. The size and make of the maps will make for some boring games.

If people want a FPS with no Titans, from memory, there are plenty of games that offer this.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Leon Young

Leon Young Generation 4

I am pretty excited by this announcement. I like the idea of going head on with pilots without having to be concerned about a titan with a chaingun looming in the background. The separator between this and pilot hunter is that people cant camp and farm grunts to drop their titans. Level playing ground for all :D

8. TheAncientGuard

TheAncientGuard Generation 2

I know and understand lots of people have mixed feelings about this mode but I think it is about time they added it i'm not sure if I will be playing it or not but I just think this is a game mode that needed to be in the game.

9. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

It might draw some of the sceptics for a nosey and make them appreciate that 6v6 with titans and bots work

• Like Like x 1
  10. dialock

dialock Generation 2

So the game called titanfall won't have any titans falling. Hmmmmm. Bf4 anyone

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. SnoSurfer

SnoSurfer Generation 4

This seems like a "nice place to visit, but wouldn't want to live there" type of game mode. I actually really like the idea of this, but this game already has little in the way of variety, and this essentially removes half the game making it even more limited in tactics, play style and gameplay experience.

I will however be interested to see how it plays, more so than anything else they have introduced so far. I love the gameplay and mechanics as a pilot in this game so much. I expect this to really favour those that are good at wall running and getting around the map quickly. This has the potential to be a lot of fun and it's good to see them still trying to bring more to this game.

12. dialock

dialock Generation 2

Omg u guys don't understand. The game is called titanfall. And if you play by now you should be good at the wall running. (If ur feet touch the ground ur playing it wrong) but it is titanfall. Love the titans. I'll play the new shit ten times till I beat it. Pilots are nothing. TITANS

13. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah, I've played this game before. Its called Call of Duty and the game mode is called TDM. Ha!

14. dialock

dialock Generation 2

No shit rite

• Like Like x 1
  15. dialock

dialock Generation 2

And oh yeah I'm not a gen 2. I'm a 10. Not sure y it doesn't update. Fix the server. Jeez

16. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Absolutely dude. The problem with this game mode is that the maps are designed for Titanfall, they are large maps, I'm just not sure how it will go.

17. Bayz P

Bayz P Generation 4

I'll give it a shot. Don't know if I'll stick with this mode and just go back to Variety. :cool:

18. Tony at Home

Tony at Home Generation 5

As a Battlefield player, I'm all too familiar with the "CoD-ification" of this genre.

I've seen this happen before, and it's happening again the exact same way. It always starts with adding a deathmatch mode in a game designed around vehicles, and other strategic elements. Then it spreads from there and things get worse

This is really a sad day for me.

There is an interview with the developer of Red Orchestra. He noted with disappointment with QA testers of the game- alot of them were CoD players, and their complaints about the game were all based on it not being like CoD. It's not even that they disliked the mechanics, or gave any reasons why they were bad, their complaints were just that the game wasn't like CoD. The developer warned this would become a serious threat to the multiplayer shooter genre.

19. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

So they add new game modes every couple of months but call them limited time? That is a pretty big gap between new gamemodes.
    Anyway, Titanfall without Titans or Grunts. So basically CoD TDM.
    Think about it, without Titans or Grunts, this gamemode is basically CoD Advanced Warfare. I will see how this GM plays or go back to CoD Ghosts and Halo Reach.
    Well Respawn, good job. You added CoD to Titanfall while Destiny is right around the corner waiting to wreck you.

20. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah. Its really hard for me to say but I am going to find it hard to put into the TF grind once Destiny is out. I have to admit that the regen requirements have been an unusual experience for me. I really put in a huge amount on them but once I got to gen 7 I just found that I couldn't be bothered any more. My interest is not great enough to want to actually level up anymore. I must say that regen grind has beat me, and as a result, even though I am still playing, my application to the game is waning. And let's be honest, as FPS gamers between now and Christmas we are pretty blessed. Destiny, Halo Master Chief Collection, COD AW just to name a few. I love this game and hope that it survives the onslaught. We shall see. Sorry to be downer all.

• Like Like x 2