Titanfall Generations requirements & challenges

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by WhoIsDo, Mar 10, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SteelCurtain

SteelCurtain Generation 3

Yes, people are gonna hate you but just wait around till a Titan has almost no health & just take everyone's kill lol do that & use the instant shot, it maybe a little weaker but doesn't need charged up also use the particle shield cause you're like a sitting duck using that p.o.s gun

2. Wickerman

Wickerman Generation 4

Yep, this. You can't take on a Titan in close quarters with the rail gun. You basically have to sit back and watch teammates battle Titans then try to time a kill to "steal."

3. stewyash366

stewyash366 Generation 3

Ok cool thanks for your help ill give that a go

4. TitanWet

TitanWet Generation 2

Generation challenges should be game related(ie win (x)hardpoint matches,hold so many points for x amount of time etc)getting people to actually PLAY the game,the current ones are,frankly,rubbish and dont make for a good gaming experience,and because of matchmaking we get groups of players all going for the same challenges making it very boring.

5. SteelCurtain

I think you're 110% wrong on this. The challenges are a lot of fun & not boring at all. You must be a Gen 1 & haven't played any challenges

6. BallisticDad

BallisticDad Played the very first FPS! *Duck Hunt*
    Elite Pilot

Sorry @SteelCurtain, you are wrong here. Although these challenges are fun and force us to use different pilot and titan weapons then we are used to, people are sacrificing game play to complete them. I personally have witnessed people avoiding the hardpoints because they are trying to get titan kills or gooser or satchel kills. This to me, is BS. If respawn wants people to focus on challenges to prove there skill in game, here are some challenges I think should either be added or replace some that already exist:

• Hold a single hardpoint (A, B or C) for an entire match. (The enemy never captures it to their color)
    • Hold all 3 hardpoints for 100 points without enemy interference.
    • Get MVP in Attrition.
    • Score 3 flags in one CTF match.
    • Return your flag 3 times in one CTF match.
    • Doom 4 Titans in one Last Titan Standing match.
    • Be the Last Titan Standing on your team and win the round in LTS.

You get my point. Adding challenges like these force people to play the games as they were intended, not site back and try to get auto titan kills instead of going for hardpoints. I am with @TitanWet on this one.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

Man,... why u gotta bring that kinda hate into it? Why u gotta bring it there?

Having spent significant time playing online with Ballistic, I can assure you that he is NOT Gen1.

dont be a dick. He gave his opinion, and i was with you until the insults came up.

I think its a novel idea. Adding a few in for the sake of forwarding gameplay, so I dont have 5 snipers on my team, while im the only one trying to hold down 3 hardpoints alone.

8. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

BTW, @SteelCurtain I am Gen 3 lvl 36... Soooooo, Your Wrong!

9. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

so true, man. SO TRUE.

10. SteelCurtain

How am I wrong? Is a matter of opinion & I hate to tell you man but most people love the challenges. Your complaining cause theirs a dumb ass in your party not going for the objective? You're gonna have a retard in your game no matter what!!!

11. SteelCurtain

How is that a insult?

12. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

Im sorry but I would prefer to engage in a productive conversation, which this is not. So this will be my last post.
    Sorry you are unhappy with life.

13. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

your wrong because in your post, which was removed because it was uncecessarily hateful, said he must be a level 1 with no challenges.

If your going to insist on insulting people, at least try keeping up.

14. SteelCurtain

I didn't remove nothing. Nothing a nerd would think that's insulting by saying your a Gen 1!

15. Bardiel18

Bardiel18 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Guys, chill. Let's get back on topic. Scrub the last few comments about other players' statuses in this game please - there's no need to call anyone out.

16. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

Back on topic...

@WhoIsDo you should add this image to your original post...

[​IMG]

17. TitanWet

TitanWet Generation 2

Im gen 4,i think you missed my point.i think the challenges should be directly related to the flow of the game ie,captures,flags,pilots,points so as to not directly impede gameplay which PERSONAL challenges do.im all up for challenges,dont have a problem with them,just saying that generation challenges should reward those that play the game as intended.

• Like Like x 2
  18. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

Well said and I 100% agree with you!

19. Logans Prime

Logans Prime Generation 2

I am hoping with some new updates that the respawn company could throw in some more guns.

20. Logans Prime

Logans Prime Generation 2

You do have a very good point because people may begin to play this game for their own personal challenges then playing for the team and getting win