Your opinions on snipers and tips for them.

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by The Juggernaut, Apr 5, 2014.

?
  1. Yes, they fit the role well but i can easily do better with another weapon.

67.6%
  2. No, i do horrible with them.

23.5%
  3. Im just knobs at the game so no

2.9%
  4. Yes, i have enough skill i pwn them n00bs and Pr0's alike.

5.9%
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

Hello! I've been trying out the dmr lately and I would have to say..... I like it. It has little recoil and spammablity. But I actually have to spam the entire magazine to kill someone. I havnt used the Kraber but the description is clear...I have to lead shots and it is difficult to use on MOVING objects.... Are their any tips you guys could give me on how to use them more effectively? ***this isn't for challenges, just experience I will use in the distant future***

2. Fantastic Dan

Fantastic Dan Generation 1

They're pretty fun to use and the challenges are easy. Unlocked everything for the Kraber in one game.

Some tips would be that even though they have midrange scopes; they're still not a Carbine and shouldn't be used like one.
    Also this game seems to forget they exist, because a lot of people take to rooftops and just stand there surveying.

3. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

The DMR isn't bad, but the thing is with them (the sniper rifles) though is that there are other weapons who can do the job better.

Saying that, I had fun doing the DMR challenge. I would use the 4.5x Zoom scope and the Stabilizer. I found that the silencer would take another shot to kill and most of the time you'd lose your target due to the speed pilots move and/or the abundance of buildings/cover etc.

You also have to pick your maps you use them on, I've seen so many people use the DMR on Angel City I just shake my head at the free kills they give away.

My other tip would be the partner the DMR up with the RE-45 auto pistol. I always used the 45 pistol when moving through buildings as its surprisingly awesome at close range encounters.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nasdaq401

Nasdaq401 Generation 2

The gen 4 challenge I completed by using the AOG scope and just running around with it. Worked out pretty well

5. NotSoNinjaTheVI

NotSoNinjaTheVI Generation 2

I find that if you use the Sniper rifle's as they were 'meant to be used' you're gimping yourself. The Dmr is a neat little precision weapon, but you need to be moving around or else you're just giving away points as an easy target.

As for the Kraber, I use it best as a shotgun. Right click, left click, get points. Again, movement in this game is crucial

• Like Like x 1
  6. BallisticDad

BallisticDad Played the very first FPS! *Duck Hunt*
    Elite Pilot

Snipers in this game suck. I think the pilots move to quickly.

7. Bear

Bear That ain't falco.
    Elite Pilot

Yo I became a god with the Kraber in one night.

I was able to quick scope/hard-aim pretty consistently. Was getting 15+ kills regularly. It's a really fun challenge and a great payoff to out-gun someone using an automatic weapon. The DMR sucks imo. Not a fan of it at all. People move too fast for you to get 2 or 3 hits.

As far as advice, practice. Not sure if it carried over but I've been quickscoping in COD since MW2 (though I rarely played COD after blops since that game killed cod for me).

8. Kaeldian

Kaeldian Generation 2

The DMR is really not my style, but it made me appreciate the auto-pistol so much more (needed to do it's challenge at the same time anyway).

I found I would use the autopistol for my main and only whip out the DMR for the odd long distance shot that came up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. The Juggernaut

I use 4.5x zoom and stabilizer with the dmr. Dmr is pretty good for shots because the spammablity equalizes it with the 2 shot kills. And I love the Hammond and B3 Wingman. Autopistol is just too weak in my opinion and Wingman wrecks shop if it connects. I've found out a way to be extra effective as a sniper.... 1.) Dead Man's Triggger + Explosive Pack + Satchel Charges + Enclosed Room. Just put one directly under you, rack up 2 kills with a dmr and move. Or else stay in the same place, get assassinated, boom.

10. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

DMR is a bane of my existence right now with the G4 Challengers but i will ovecome it...a bit annoyed i have to do the damn Quad Rocket Kill Challenges again like in G3.

11. Fantastic Dan

I'd trade three quad rocket challenges for one Arc Cannon challenge. That weapon is the smart pistol of the Titan guns.

12. The Juggernaut

DMR is amazing if used properly

13. Clarkeh

Elite Pilot

Im not the type to to stay at a distance and take on my targets i like being close quarters and using parkour abilities to get a one up on my opponent, With the DMR its near enough impossible to do this and thus im forced to skirt the perimeter to pick off unaware targets and *shudders* camp high traffic areas to kill the kills

Im a bit tired so i might be reading this wrong are you saying the Quad Rocket is the equivalent of smart pistol? If so i would say its rather the shotgun equivalent, excellent at close range and loses its damage potential the further out you get (unless you unlock the rapid fire and then the damage is lessened per rocket being fired)

14. Corstaad

Corstaad Generation 2

Rapid Fire is actually pretty mean close to medium range. Didnt like the quad rocket tell I unlocked it. To use the DMR just use the shortest range scope and stabilizer. I think its better then the G2a4.

15. Fantastic Dan

Both (Arc/Smart) being nasty grunt killers but not the easiest weapons to get Titan/Pilot kills with. That's what I was referring to with the comparison.

16. maroofisonfire

maroofisonfire Generation 2

I hate snipers. The guns, yeah, but the people who camp and use them more. I feel like if that's your play style, play CoD or BF that don't have wallrunning and mechs. 'Cause if you feel like playing the same way in every shooter you play, why'd you bother buying a new one?

17. Clarkeh

Elite Pilot

When you reach Gen4 your forced to use the DMR as a challenge thus your forced to change your playstyle in order to actually complete the challenge.

Im a CAR SMG+Counterweight+Stim+Satchel Charge man and now im forced to use snipers and the Autopistol to get to Gen5 its all about getting out of your comfort zone.

18. maroofisonfire

Yeah, well I was quick to go to Gen 5 to stop using it, and then I had to use the Kraber at Gen 10, and then both of them again for the hardware achievement - never enjoyed it, because I felt angry at myself.

I'm your typical assault player, really - Carbine + RE-45 + Arc grenade.

19. The Juggernaut

The name of the game in TF is rushing. When I stayed back a little I noticed I got fewer kills and it was boring. Then I decided to never stop rushing and it gave me some of my highest attrition point games. I gen'd so all I had was the basic titans. But damn that stryder+ quad cannon is a pilot killing machine.

20. maroofisonfire

Precisely why sniping has no place in the game.